E-Bay Problem Can anybody help?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,216
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a problem with an e-bay purchase that I just do not know how to proceed with.

I purchased an item for approx £5.00 which has not arrived in the post. I know the seller has sent it but it has just not arrived. I have opened a dispute with e-bay to try and resolve the issue, they tell me to contact the buyer, which I am willing to do. I just do not know what to say or ask for.

Have any other ds members has an e-bay situation like this, where they have paid for an item they know has been posted by the seller but it has not arrived, what have you done in that instance, asked the buyer for a refund or solved it some other way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much indeed.

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Funnily this just happened to me for the first time.
    I won and paid for an item. The summary indicated that it was sent the next day.
    I waited two weeks and it never arrived.

I contacted the seller about the item not arriving. No reply.
    I waited another week and sent another email. No reply.

I waited another few days and then opened a dispute. eBay sent me a email the next day saying they had no tracking info for the item and so refunded me my money (around £10).

So you need to contact the seller to see if it has been sent and has tracking info.

I was refunded because there was no contact and no tracking info.
  • PobletPoblet Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a question, how do you know for sure the seller sent it? Yes, the thing to do is contact the seller of the item, I assume YOU are the buyer. Explain it has not arrived - allow at least 7 days for it to come first - and they could refund you, or send another (depending if it is something they have more than one of). Check their feedback comments to, to see if it has happened before. Hope this helps.
  • terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a problem with an e-bay purchase that I just do not know how to proceed with.

I purchased an item for approx £5.00 which has not arrived in the post. I know the seller has sent it but it has just not arrived. I have opened a dispute with e-bay to try and resolve the issue, they tell me to contact the buyer, which I am willing to do. I just do not know what to say or ask for.

Have any other ds members has an e-bay situation like this, where they have paid for an item they know has been posted by the seller but it has not arrived, what have you done in that instance, asked the buyer for a refund or solved it some other way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much indeed.

If seller hasn't sent it by a trackable mehod then you will be refunded
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terry45 wrote: »
    If seller hasn't sent it by a trackable mehod then you will be refunded

If it was sent by an untrackable method but has been lost/not delivered the buyer will still be refunded. It is then up to the seller to claim from Royal Mail.