Options

Paula poor cow

12346»

Comments

• Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Loulight wrote: »
    I do agree with you that people with mental health problems should not be ridiculed but, in context, details about Paula's 'conditions' seem to have been made public to help in her defence after she crashed her car when drunk into her neighbour's conservatory. It does happen regularly that people who are facing legal proceedings can seek 'diagnoses' to help them get a lesser punishment. I could be wrong but I doubt Aspergers is an accurate diagnosis and perhaps just a 'convenient' excuse. I've worked in Addiction Services and she comes across as a classic, text-book case and very common example of a someone who has disturbed their brain and personality functioning through long-term substance abuse.

Thats my thoughts,she has damaged herself over the years
  • Options
    BeequeenBeequeen Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I find Paula much more interesting and entertaining than those three boring hags in the hot tub.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's a convenient excuse at , I think she has clear mental health problems plus the fact her Father was beaten to death when she was 15 wouldn't have helped her mental health at all.

I agree with you, she does seem to have clear problems with fragile mental health, but I also agree with others on here who doubt the specific diagnosis of Aspergers which is a developmental condition, not a mental health problem by itself. There are many symptoms that co-occur across the spectrum of mental health diagnoses, and notoriously clinicians can't even agree with each other! So, I don't doubt she has difficulties and would qualify for a diagnosis of some sort and she should not be ridiculed but I do doubt the Aspergers label and the reason this information came into the public domain.
  • Options
    tigerlily96tigerlily96 Posts: 3,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loulight wrote: »
    I agree with you, she does seem to have clear problems with fragile mental health, but I also agree with others on here who doubt the specific diagnosis of Aspergers which is a developmental condition, not a mental health problem by itself. There are many symptoms that co-occur across the spectrum of mental health diagnoses, and notoriously clinicians can't even agree with each other! So, I don't doubt she has difficulties and would qualify for a diagnosis of some sort and she should not be ridiculed but I do doubt the Aspergers label and the reason this information came into the public domain.

Couldn't settle at school, diagnosed with dyslexia, I find dyslexia rarely comes alone, very often hand in hand with Aspergers. Yes, of course the Defense would use that in court, but as I said she was diagnosed long before that, not as if they 'bought' it to help with that case.
  • Options
    amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    Her coming out interviews (both on CBB and BBOTS) were disappointing. She covered up her real answers, choosing to go down the diplomatic route obviously with an eye to salvaging the remnants of her future career. Can't say I blame her but quite a let-down in terms of keeping her cards too close to her chest.

I quite admire her actually i.e. like her wildness which, although can be seen as wacko, is often her rebelling and being authentic e.g. in the diary room asking BB to use their real voice!

You can see that she's been through such emotional turmoil (shows in her face/eyes). The oneupmanship just reveals how insecure she must feel. Most people who have the contacts she boasts about would not so readily spout on about it since they would not feel such a blatant necessity to impress...maybe it's the environment of the BB house though that brings this on (to avoid being nominated?)
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    flowers786 wrote: »
    didn't she fail the psych tests, why let her in
    Did she,then why was she in there?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Couldn't settle at school, diagnosed with dyslexia, I find dyslexia rarely comes alone, very often hand in hand with Aspergers. Yes, of course the Defense would use that in court, but as I said she was diagnosed long before that, not as if they 'bought' it to help with that case.

I still don't think the Aspergers diagnosis is accurate, I can see how her difficulties may be mistaken for that condition though but too many factors contradict it.
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beequeen wrote: »
    I find Paula much more interesting and entertaining than those three boring hags in the hot tub.

I agree. I don't normally agree with Emma Willis, 'tho I did last night when she said Paula was 'different', as in the 'usual' Female house mate.

Paula out whilst the cosy threesome of Gillian, Tricia and Claire float boringly along..:mad:
  • Options
    Geri69Geri69 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would agree with most of this, but I also know quite a bit about Aspergers and believe one case can be quite different to another.

I live with two people (possibly 3) on the spectrum, and they are COMPLETELY different.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did come across as quite a loser. Thinking name-dropping would impress people.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good old British public never fail to vote out anyone with a personallity first. well done. now we can sit and be subjected to the usual dross. though i'll be exercising my remote pushing button finger for one.
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amyawake wrote: »
    Her coming out interviews (both on CBB and BBOTS) were disappointing. She covered up her real answers, choosing to go down the diplomatic route obviously with an eye to salvaging the remnants of her future career. Can't say I blame her but quite a let-down in terms of keeping her cards too close to her chest.

I quite admire her actually i.e. like her wildness which, although can be seen as wacko, is often her rebelling and being authentic e.g. in the diary room asking BB to use their real voice!

You can see that she's been through such emotional turmoil (shows in her face/eyes). The oneupmanship just reveals how insecure she must feel. Most people who have the contacts she boasts about would not so readily spout on about it since they would not feel such a blatant necessity to impress...maybe it's the environment of the BB house though that brings this on (to avoid being nominated?)

Yes. I agree. I must say my thoughts were turned around when she said to Rylan, 'Don't hug me or I'll cry' Before that I thought she was awful but now i think she's ok. Just not a lot of emotional intelligence and too clever by half.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »
    Thats my thoughts,she has damaged herself over the years

I echo those sentiments.

Still ........it's nice to have a label to hang on it. Thoroughly spoilt, self indulgent individual IMO.
  • Options
    EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was diagnosed 6 years before the crash!

4 years ago actually and then only with dyslexia and dyspraxia. No one knows when she was diagnosed with Aspergers. But I doubt dyslexia would be as plausible an excuse for drink driving as her lawyer tried to make the Aspergers.

That's a big statement insinuating that anyone with dyslexia is likely to have Aspergers too.
    The dyslexic members of my family would beg to differ.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to have seen more of her, and hear some stories. She's had an interesting life.

She was very boring and politically correct in the after interview, I was disappointed. Then saying she had to watch out for her lungs while she was seen smoking in every scene, well that was a bit much. That is for her next gig made by "her own production company." Hmmmmmmmm.

It must be hard to be on top of the heap and then be thrown away as you age. Cindy Crawford has done alright though, and Heidi Klum, and Paulina Porizkova and others far more famous than Paula.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't been watching but looking at the eviction program I was surprised she went. I thought Heidi and Spencer looked less sincere than her. I suppose they have the advantage of people voting for 2 people though. Always silly having 2 people as one contestant.
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i like paula but she is one of the biggest bullshiners i've ever heard and to me it sounds like she's desperate to impress and to be liked.

i dont think she'd do you a bad turn but she does need to learn a bit of humility.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my tuppenceworth............

I'm glad she's out for her sake.
    I thought her behaviour was really starting to highlight her Aspergers.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowers786 wrote: »
    didn't she fail the psych tests, why let her in

Thats a good point.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    it sounds like she's desperate to impress and to be liked.

And that's not the same for many celebs and therefore those in the house too?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »
    4 years ago actually and then only with dyslexia and dyspraxia. No one knows when she was diagnosed with Aspergers. But I doubt dyslexia would be as plausible an excuse for drink driving as her lawyer tried to make the Aspergers.

I don't think there is any excuse for drink driving, Aspergers or not.

That's a big statement insinuating that anyone with dyslexia is likely to have Aspergers too.
    The dyslexic members of my family would beg to differ.

I'm sure they would:) Just my observations. Doesn't need to be full blown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    And that's not the same for many celebs and therefore those in the house too?

Certainly is:)