Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• middsmidds Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    The cat ad for o2, how many damn times does it need to be shown during one prog ffs. The wife and I were watching something from catch-up and that's the only ad that came on. Yeah we get the message FFS :(
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    Agreed.

You do :confused:

Maybe you can explain it to the rest of us then.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    midds wrote: »

If you're talking to me....explain what?
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think the Boots Ad is a bit creepy?

A tot has sun oil rubbed on him followed by a clip of a bloke lyiing on the ground looking through binoculars,saying get closer?

Don't think it has been well thought out by the Ad man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »
    Anyone else think the Boots Ad is a bit creepy?

A tot has sun oil rubbed on him followed by a clip of a bloke lyiing on the ground looking through binoculars,saying get closer?

Don't think it has been well thought out by the Ad man.

Why have you made a thread for this AND posted it in here? :confused:
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen an advert with Tim Lovejoy suggesting what food we should combine with beer.

It is without a shadow of a doubt the worst advert I have ever seen and almost makes me want to boycott beer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I'm not keen on that Oreo cookies one where the little girl denies her dad a biscuit. Cue toddlers behaving badly!
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    If you're talking to me....explain what?

ixHellstormx got the O2 message and you agreed.

I just wondered what it was all about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ixHellstormx got the O2 message and you agreed.

I just wondered what it was all about.

Doesn't mean we get it :p
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Some sort of dating website advert with a badly animated googly eyed woman walking down the street and seeing evil clones of herself. There's a really annoying jingle and she walks toward a laptop where she finds the 'love of her life' a gormless, pot bellied guy who looks like he's just had a lobotomy.
    It's the sort of thing of nightmares.

Ant and Dec with Morrisons and their obsession with 'Shine' by Take That, surely time for a new song?

The advert for nappies where the kids graduate from wearing nappies to undies, ye gods imagine being an actress in that advert how embarrassing.

I must mention 2 ads I like
    -First direct with the walking and talking Platypus
    - A teeth whitening product, where a woman keeps recieving bad news and she keeps grinning away to show off her white teeth I just find her gormless 'durr' expression amusing.:D
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

O2 aims to be mobile top dog with animal ad campaign
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BT ads with Jake Humpfrey....cant stand him :mad::mad:
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The RSPCA advert which is not for animals but flaming marmite, how stupid and pathetic
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I actively avoid products where the adverts say, "check out our facebook for more details" or similar

I know its been said before, but the haribo star mix advert. Firstly, the little's voice goes right through me and secondly, she says, "if they resist they can have another one".

No they bloody can't! if they resist they haven't had one so they can't have 'another'
    :mad:

and breathe :D

Exactly! That ad pees me off, if they resist it how can they have "another one" when they havent had the first one yet? :confused: And will she apply the same challenge to their "other one" leading to a whole pile of Starmix?
    :mad:
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A random observation - have Boots completely given up on that godawful 'Here Comes the Girls' song in all their adverts? It's been a while now, it appears to be (almost) safe to turn on the TV during ad breaks.
    Forum Member
    O2 aims to be mobile top dog with animal ad campaign

Say what :confused:

It wants me to be more dog not them.

InternetSlang.com
    DOG is "Telephone" or "Ugly person" :mad:
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    A random observation - have Boots completely given up on that godawful 'Here Comes the Girls' song in all their adverts? It's been a while now, it appears to be (almost) safe to turn on the TV during ad breaks.

Yes I was watching a "behind the scenes" of their Christmas 2012 advert (yes I am THAT sad) and Im sure it was mentioned there that the "here come the girls" thing had been dropped and replaced with the new style adverts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bet 365 featuring Ray Winstone. He can't even advertise betting without the tired old hard man routine.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not keen on that Oreo cookies one where the little girl denies her dad a biscuit. Cue toddlers behaving badly!

Muted the TV as soon as I heard that girl's voice! I HATE kids in ALL adverts! :mad:
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer for You're Next -- agh, stop juxtaposing feel-good songs against trite horror film sequences! You're neither edgy or worthy of Lou Reed's vocals!

And Trainspotting did it better anyway, so... go away.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a phone advert, where everyone's partying and the host tells some minger that her boyfriend has dumped her...she starts crying then she ends up pulling and dancing with some really skinny dude who's meant to be hot and then she's all happy again. I hate that ad!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    The utterly shit James Nesbit Thomas Cook ones with his 'loving' family watching him argue with a trader. And I hate the way she says 'darling'

Anything with James Nesbitt in, full stop. An oily character with an extremely self satisfied smile permanently plastered all over his face.

Oh, and what's that thing shot at night with the Irish girl dressed in dark clothes accompanied by a dog? Is it a public information film about burglars?
  • kingofscotlandkingofscotland Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and what's that thing shot at night with the Irish girl dressed in dark clothes accompanied by a dog? Is it a public information film about burglars?

British Red Cross, "I am a crisis".

The girl personifies several tragedies – the fire that leaves you homeless, the reason you need a wheelchair and the boiled sweet stuck in your child’s throat, among others.

The advert is part of the charity’s campaign to show a crisis can happen to anyone.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Yes I was watching a "behind the scenes" of their Christmas 2012 advert (yes I am THAT sad) and Im sure it was mentioned there that the "here come the girls" thing had been dropped and replaced with the new style adverts

Thank Heaven for small mercies! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British Red Cross, "I am a crisis".

The girl personifies several tragedies – the fire that leaves you homeless, the reason you need a wheelchair and the boiled sweet stuck in your child’s throat, among others.

The advert is part of the charity’s campaign to show a crisis can happen to anyone.

Okay, thanks. I always seem to catch bits of it without ever seeing what it's promoting.

Just watched it in full on YouTube, and one of the contributors to the comments' section has said:

"this commercial is just so "wrong' its showing a very beautiful woman and a wolf.. making it seem that both are crisis causing.. wolves and women get enough bad rap as it is." :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any advert with sportsmen in, especially footballers. Peter Crouch is doing one for Virgin Media, and Joe Hart does some godawful shampoo advert. It's always been thus, too: I well remember Kevin Keegan doing Brut commercials with Henry Cooper decades ago.
This discussion has been closed.