Options

What is the point of Israel attacking Gaza?

Comments

• Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    lol you were the one trying to deflect the thread in the first place, but of course you are more intelligent than me so knew that already.

No. I didn't post any links to conflicts outwith Gaza. I haven't tried to talk about other conflicts.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wendy09 wrote: »
    the problem is occupation and the siege. rockets are only the symptom of the political grievance . know the difference.

the rockets are reminding israel of the gazans pain. reminding that there is resistance to the local brutal bully.

The rockets are doing nothing but being a mosquito bite.

If you support the rocket fire then you are giving Israel the right to attack Gaza.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Easy done. They both have grey hair.

Both news readers, both called 'Jon, John'.
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    paul2307 wrote: »
    Please show me where I said they were forced to stay or you making things up again

OK. You said Hamas "wants" the civilians to stay. How is that "wants" communicated to the people, and why should a UN school (like today) be unsafe anyway?
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is Syria. Not Gaza. Take it to a Syria thread.

Don't be so ridiculous.

I take that as you thinking that possibly 200 Palestinian children accidentally being killed by Israel are thought more of then about 10,000 Syrian children killed in civil war, with others raped, tortured and maimed

But that doesn't matter as Israel hasn't had anything to do with Syria!!

And people get bombarded with complaints on here if they dare to suggest anything derogatory about the civilian deaths in Gaza!!:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Hamas spokes person on Channel 4 news is showing why they should be got rid of, he is a liar.

You have ignored my post completely.
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does the same apply to Israeli fatalities/injuries too?

Well seeing that the the figures for Israeli casualties often come from Hamas I wouldn't be surprised. But israel doesn't appear to inflating reports of their civilian casualties. But as I said in the post you replied to who in the outside world really knows the truth as to what is going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Easy done. They both have grey hair.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ah! A bit of light relief!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. I didn't post any links to conflicts outwith Gaza. I haven't tried to talk about other conflicts.

you tried to deflect the the by telling the poster to go and [post elsewhere.
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I remember visiting Sachsenhausen outside of Berlin. The information pack I had talked all about the locals not believing the evidence of their own eyes. Some idiots even think the Holocaust was faked. Appallingly.

Are you referring to Hamas ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have ignored my post completely.

Yes because it still doesn't stop the people of Gaza getting rid of them.

But don't worry they'll keep firing ineffectual rockets at Israel, thus getting their own people killed.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    OK. You said Hamas "wants" the civilians to stay. How is that "wants" communicated to the people, and why should a UN school (like today) be unsafe anyway?

Yes I posted the link ages ago , well this morning that said Hamas are telling people to ignore the leaflets dropped by the Israelis I don't know if they are forcing them or appealing to their martyrdom complex
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been 3 cases of UNRWA buildings housing HAMAS' weapons. This means either:

1) UNRWA has been complicit in allowing weapons to be hid in places deemed safe havens.
    2) UNRWA has been coerced in allowing weapons to be hid in places deemed safe havens.
    3) UNRWA is unaware that HAMAS has hid weapons in places deemed safe havens.

In any case, UNRWA must now admit that none of its buildings can now be classified as safe havens.

It has responsibility for deterring people from using such buildings. To not do so would be a war crime.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBvhHE8ePxg

The video was taken when Hamas was not even at war and show Hamas "communicate".

Reports to day that Qassam Brigades beheaded a Israeli "collaborator".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solenoid wrote: »
    There have been 3 cases of UNRWA buildings housing HAMAS' weapons. This means either:

1) UNRWA has been complicit in allowing weapons to be hid in places deemed safe havens.
    2) UNRWA has been coerced in allowing weapons to be hid in places deemed safe havens.

In any case, UNRWA must now admit that none of its buildings can now be classified as safe havens.

It has responsibility for deterring people from using such buildings. To not do so would be a war crime.

there was thread running the other day that suggested that UN workers may turn a blind eye in order to maintain their prescence there in the belief that things would be far worse if they were asked to leave.
  • Options
    The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    solenoid wrote: »

To bomb them, knowing that civilians are there, is a war crime too.
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not if there are weapons inside.

The responsibility then lies with those allowing civilians to reside in such buildings.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm.. so the 80% civilian casualties inflicted on Gaza's civilian population are acts of terrorism? Do you think Likud should be made a proscribed organisation like Hamas in response to these acts of terror?

I'd like to know what percentage of the deaths Hamas have caused by killing their own people either purposely or accidentally.
    Poor Israel? They are the superpower of the region and supported to the hilt, as you say, by the US.

Poor Israel indeed.

At least someones on their side. Not like on here as you very well know.
    Wow. Burials, blood and buildings razed to the ground.

And you believe none of it.

What can one say?

Some of it is probably true. Its news and some of it live so its got to look dramatic enough.
    paul2307 wrote: »
    Yes I posted the link ages ago , well this morning that said Hamas are telling people to ignore the leaflets dropped by the Israelis I don't know if they are forcing them or appealing to their martyrdom complex

I have seen it somewhere where they are referred to as 'martyrs'. Probably because they are told to be. The Nazis in the war were brainwashed like that.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    there was thread running the other day that suggested that UN workers may turn a blind eye in order to maintain their prescence there in the belief that things would be far worse if they were asked to leave.

I've read and found that many links that I can't bothered to find it again but one of them was report that during the 2008 "ceasefire" rockets were still being launched at Israel and UN inspectors found some of the sites and confiscated the rockets and launchers but as its mandate didn't allow then to disarm or destroy them they handed over to the authorities in other words Hamas :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

And to send rockets into Israel not know where they are going to land (which most certainly would mean in civilian areas) is too.

So why are you supporting the terrorism of Hamas?
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rockets are doing nothing but being a mosquito bite.

If you support the rocket fire then you are giving Israel the right to attack Gaza.

so whilst you accept the rockets are merely a mosquito bite and israel is defended by the iron dome you support the indiscriminate killing of palestinians in the current war.

the rockets are a response a reaction to israels abuse of palestinians, be it stranglehold of its borders the constant killing or the confiscation of land. it is a symptom not the cause.

remove blockade, end siege and we will find the political grievances will ebb away
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to send rockets into Israel not know where they are going to land (which most certainly would mean in civilian areas) is too.

So why are you supporting the terrorism of Hamas?
    and why worry about mosquito when the antidote is the iron dome ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    so whilst you accept the rockets are merely a mosquito bite and israel is defended by the iron dome you support the indiscriminate killing of palestinians in the current war.

the rockets are a response a reaction to israels abuse of palestinians, be it stranglehold of its borders the constant killing or the confiscation of land. it is a symptom not the cause.

remove blockade, end siege and we will find the political grievances will ebb away

Stop firing rockets and it will end even quicker.

Palestinians are the ones being killed not the Israelis.

Carry on firing rockets if that's what you want, but don't pretend it is not the cause of Palestinians dying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    Probably is. Some reporters have already been found out stretching the truth about whats going on. But you just carry on believing everything you see as you're so anti Israel, nothing else will change your mind.

Did you see channel 4 news tonight? If not, I suggest you watch it. As GGP said, a UN school attacked and a market place. The excuse for the market place was that the ceasefire didn't apply to that bit. Always an excuse from Israel, no matter the level of the atrocity, always an excuse.

Your trolling of this thread isn't doing their cause any good either. Objecting to Israel bombing and shooting civilians doesn't make people Hamas supporters, nor does it make them supporters of terrorism. It's straight out of the Israeli media handling handbook. The world is seeing though the lies from Israel, and not before time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    and why worry about mosquito when the antidote is the iron dome ?

Just because you put up a mosquito net, doesn't mean you don't try to get rid of the mosquito, because it can carry malaria.