Options

If Corrie are bringing back Dennis Tanner who could Eastenders bring back?

dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
Forum Member
✭✭
Corrie are bringing back Dennis Tanner, a character who plays a big part in the shows history so who would you like to see return to Eastenders from the early days. I know the obvious candidate is Sharon but she has been done to death on here about why she should return but is there anyone else? I would like to see Whisky come back, it will give Pat a story outside Ricky and Bianca's brood and if they recasted Stephen there could be some great scenes between them and Ian of course, apart from Whisky i'd like to see Kenny Beale-I know they would have to recast but again it could provide some good stories for Pat and Ian as well as Mo. Any other ideas?

Comments

• Options
    2011 is good2011 is good Posts: 1,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon or Michelle.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Guizin Osman!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue Osman
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,303
    Forum Member
    Annie Smith, comes to Walford trying to find out more about her mother. It turns out that Annie spent most of her childhood growing up in fosterhomes. She could befriend Dot and Ian as a way to find out more about her mum
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Corrie are bringing back Dennis Tanner, a character who plays a big part in the shows history so who would you like to see return to Eastenders from the early days. I know the obvious candidate is Sharon but she has been done to death on here about why she should return but is there anyone else? I would like to see Whisky come back, it will give Pat a story outside Ricky and Bianca's brood and if they recasted Stephen there could be some great scenes between them and Ian of course, apart from Whisky i'd like to see Kenny Beale-I know they would have to recast but again it could provide some good stories for Pat and Ian as well as Mo. Any other ideas?

Do you mean Wicksy? I think Kenny would be a good character to bring back as well as Simon Wicks as it would give Pat some new storylines.
  • Options
    KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Kathy Beale ;) and Sue Osman.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guizin Osman!
    Sue Osman
    This. Both were a real force to be reckoned with back in the day :)
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Simon and David Wicks, Biancas Dad now Carole is back as well
  • Options
    Guido9Guido9 Posts: 3,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon is the only one who I could see remotely fitting into the present scene in Albert Square but only because of Pat and Ian still being there, while Dot would be the other remaining one who would be glad to see her return. Phil and Kat certainly wouldn't! Maybe she could return with Michelle -but they now appear to be happily settled in America (off screen) - as does Wicksy in New Zealand! Wicksy's possible return in the context of this thread is equally debatable but is Nick Berry still about??! - I haven't knowingly seen him since he was in Heartbeat! Sorry, I draw a total blank on this one tbh! :sleep:
  • Options
    UpInMyFaceUpInMyFace Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guido9 wrote: »
    Sharon is the only one who I could see remotely fitting into the present scene in Albert Square but only because of Pat and Ian still being there, while Dot would be the other remaining one who would be glad to see her return. Phil and Kat certainly wouldn't! Maybe she could return with Michelle -but they now appear to be happily settled in America (off screen) - as does Wicksy in New Zealand! Wicksy's possible return in the context of this thread is equally debatable but is Nick Berry still about??! - I haven't knowingly seen him since he was in Heartbeat! Sorry, I draw a total blank on this one tbh! :sleep:

Kat and Sharon never had any problems with each other? :confused: I'm sure Sharon promised Kat she would never send the police in Zoe's direction infact...
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,303
    Forum Member
    He stopped acting a few years back after a few poor drama series' that never quite worked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UpInMyFace wrote: »
    Kat and Sharon never had any problems with each other? :confused: I'm sure Sharon promised Kat she would never send the police in Zoe's direction infact...

The only problem Kat & Sharon ever had was at the time Kat thought Dennis had made Zoe have an abortion and run off with Sharon (because Zoe hadn't told her about Den yet) that's when the whole "if you want a standup fight in the street sharon I'm just about ready for one" came about but once Kat found out Den was the one who got Zoe pregnant they made up, in fact Kat brought Sharon a wedding present on the morning of her wedding and Sharon promised to shut up about Zoe.

I'd love to see Sharon back but only if they wrote something decent for her and didn't just bring her back to cause problems between Phil & Shirley.
  • Options
    Guido9Guido9 Posts: 3,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UpInMyFace wrote: »

Sorry, I was only in rough guessing territory re Sharon and Kat as my memory is a tad foggy re how things ended between them in early 2006 when Sharon left for the USA....!
  • Options
    Tass BTass B Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Wicks but I doubt he would ever return. If he did, it would only be for a short stint. To busy with Casualty!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,960
    Forum Member
    I'd like to think no-one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that Alan Jackson would be a good character to bring back...there would be no lack of storylines there
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see Vicki Fowler (recasted) turn up on Ian's doorstep, followed by Sharon and then later Chrissie who is released and rehomed near by. Has potential to be good.
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    ;)
    ahyeah wrote: »
    I think that Alan Jackson would be a good character to bring back...there would be no lack of storylines there

After his latest foray, I very much doubt it:p;)
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danielle, of course.

Sorry - couldn't resist! While I'm in fantasy land, do we absolutely know that Cindy's dead or could we bring her back? Allegedly dying in childbirth off screen isn't as final as when we saw Den die the first time!

Back to characters who definitely aren't dead ... I'd like Dan Sullivan back on the Square. Perhaps we could bring Melanie Owen back as well.

A return for Dan could bring out a more interesting side to Carol - I love the character and actress but think she's been largely let down by the storylines this time.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see Vicki Fowler (recasted) turn up on Ian's doorstep, followed by Sharon and then later Chrissie who is released and rehomed near by. Has potential to be good.

Love Chrissie - wish they could get her back.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    He stopped acting a few years back after a few poor drama series' that never quite worked.

Who has stopped acting?
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Sharon should take over the Vic and run it forever.

Martin Fowler (can't rememb where he went - he's not dead is he?), Michelle, and Vicki - get some Fowler clan on the square again.

Mary the Punk.

The barmaid who never spoke, the red haired crazy lady extra (was that Jonathan Wossy's mum?), and the black guy extra who ran a market stall hasn't been seen in ages.
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr.Harold Legg :D and michelle fowler:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Alan Jackson
  • Options
    dancingdemelzadancingdemelza Posts: 536
    Forum Member