Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    marianna01 wrote: »
    I'm sure that the tattoed one said that the carpet felt quite soft enough to sleep on ...... I'm sure I haven't made that up! :confused::)

You haven't - she did!
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David1964 wrote: »
    Just to explain, my original post where I used the :rolleyes: smilie was nothing to do with sarcasm towards the proportion of any social group appearing on fiaB, it was simply a light hearted dig at the way C4 feel they should include the obligatory ONE same sex couple each week.
    As has been mentioned, perhaps a disproportionate amount of applicants fall into this category and the producers decided the best way to include them in the show would be to feature one gay couple per week rather than mix it up a bit.

Theres normally a lot of homosexuals working in tv and the production companies that make these programmes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »
    You haven't - she did!
    Yes she did didn't she. :D
    I just don't believe those two did actually sleep the whole night on the floor. They were certainly no lightweights and that carpet wasn't exactly spongy and plush.
    Otherwise I quite like that couple but I do think they were deliberately playing to mark down the owners.
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I just don't believe those two did actually sleep the whole night on the floor. They were certainly no lightweights and that carpet wasn't exactly spongy and plush.
    Otherwise I quite like that couple but I do think they were deliberately playing to mark down the owners.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can't help but like them, but I think they are definitely gameplaying. I think they manged to bite their tongues before they went too far while Gino was giving his spiel on the first night about 'a woman's role,' in his eyes, as it was his turn. I wonder if that will change over the next few days, especially when it's their turn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://sharetv.org/images/person/ron_cook.jpg

Does this remind anyone of Louis? Its Ron Cook, who plays Mr Crabb, the accountant in Mr Selfridge.

Its really annoying me who he reminds me of.......

I agree he does look like Ron Cook. It was bugging me as well that he looked like an actor. Think it is Paul Freeman I was thinking of, although no doubt anytime soon someone will tell me I " should have gone to Specsavers":D
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Separated at birth. :) My OH thinks, seriously, she looks like Christine Walkden, the gardening lady, but that's going too far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/theoneshow/highlights/christine_gardening.shtml?videogallery=op_gardening1
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, I can definitely see the resemblance there, but I still think she is the image of Pam Ayres!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=images+of+pam+ayres&qpvt=images+of+pam+ayres&FORM=IGRE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bullman wrote: »
    I agree he does look like Ron Cook. It was bugging me as well that he looked like an actor. Think it is Paul Freeman I was thinking of, although no doubt anytime soon someone will tell me I " should have gone to Specsavers":D

I wouldn't say that as I can see it a little. My partner thinks that Ron Cook from Mr. Selfridge looks like Kenneth Connor, the Carry On (etc.) actor!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Otherwise I quite like that couple but I do think they were deliberately playing to mark down the owners.

It looks to me as if the production team persuaded this lot to be harsher than usual, as they all gave surprisingly low marks for certain questions.

Sleeping on the floor before even really attempting to sleep in the bed for any length of time is definitely 'game playing' of the lowest :D order.

So now we have serious Bedgate. looking forward to the fallout. :D
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,678
    Forum Member
    jamtamara wrote: »

Or as I like to call it ;)
    'fallout-of-bed-gate'

Anyone holding my coat for me? :o
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    It looks to me as if the production team persuaded this lot to be harsher than usual, as they all gave surprisingly low marks for certain questions.

Sleeping on the floor before even really attempting to sleep in the bed for any length of time is definitely 'game playing' of the lowest :D order.

Pubegate and poached egg-gate have become a bit commonplace now!
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Pubegate and poached egg-gate have become a bit commonplace now!

I do believe Toni pointed out a hair on the toilet seat last night didn't she? (or was it the night before? it's all beginning to run into one now) but it wasn't categorised :D

Mr S and I were chatting about the sleeping on the floor business, there were lots of remarks about how comfortable the floor was and that seriously confused me.

The other thing I didn't say was about the breakfast service.
    It seemed a bit odd to serve some breakfasts when others weren't ready and everyone's sat at the same table. I wouldn't do that.

Besides, I'm fairly sure there was mention of everything being 'cooked to order' but am also fairly sure that actually refers in the main to eggs, because wasn't the rest of the full breakfast in those bain marie type fittings (under heat lights and looking very hot if the steam rising was anything to go by) Nothing wrong with that at all if it is nice and hot when served, just makes it more puzzling as to why you wouldn't serve all the meals together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far, I am not warming to Gino, but even more so his wife. Not keen on yesterday's B&B at all, it looked to me like a budget hotel, yet with more toward the top end type of pricetag. I find it a bit confusing that breakfast, which is something they do everyday is hindered by such long waits etc. I wonder what actually goes on, if there is stuff we're not seeing which is relevant, as breakfast orders and the timing almost seems to take some of them by surprise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree making a meal of sleeping on the floor was a step too far and I do like the girls..I think it's shame if they have been put up to that.
    Nothing irritates me more than waiting for a meal when everyone else has theirs. If you are a one man band it's not easy but modest B&Bs manage so a hotel with staff should have ensured that on that day surely! And I stand by my comment that a collection of antique furniture in good condition would be better than cheap pine. You could have good quality modern mattresses with period headboards. Nothing is nicer in a venue than when you have an updated version of the appropraite period style. And nothing is safer than hotel quality Egyptian cotton bedding. It can't be easy running a small business, I feel for everyone of them but think..think!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizaj wrote: »
    I agree making a meal of sleeping on the floor was a step too far and I do like the girls..I think it's shame if they have been put up to that.
    Nothing irritates me more than waiting for a meal when everyone else has theirs. If you are a one man band it's not easy but modest B&Bs manage so a hotel with staff should have ensured that on that day surely! And I stand by my comment that a collection of antique furniture in good condition would be better than cheap pine. You could have good quality modern mattresses with period headboards. Nothing is nicer in a venue than when you have an updated version of the appropraite period style. And nothing is safer than hotel quality Egyptian cotton bedding. It can't be easy running a small business, I feel for everyone of them but think..think!

I agree, if you are asking people to chose you to stay with and pay, then surely spending a bit extra on some quality linen, bedding would pay in the long run. I would find it brilliant fun to search out furniture, paint it up to look fresh and decorate rooms. I would look at loads of other B&Bs to see what they do, get some ideas, there must be some great tips out there. There again, I don't run a B&B, so easy to say all this, there is probably a million things I have absolutely no clue about.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the previous comment that Louis has a touch of the Julian Peck about him - bigging up his hotel, which really isn't that special.

To be fair to Louis, there's nothing seriously 'wrong' with his hotel - it just lacks the wow factor that would justify the price he's asking.

As for look-a-likes - I think Louis' wife has a look of June Brown about her (when she's herself rather than in her Dot Cotton persona)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    Agree with the previous comment that Louis has a touch of the Julian Peck about him - bigging up his hotel, which really isn't that special.

To be fair to Louis, there's nothing seriously 'wrong' with his hotel - it just lacks the wow factor that would justify the price he's asking.

As for look-a-likes - I think Louis' wife has a look of June Brown about her (when she's herself rather than in her Dot Cotton persona)

Yes! I see that
    Forum Member
    The Duke of Cornwall, St Austell

Described as a traditional pub, with separate dining room and six letting rooms.
    The latest visit is to the Duke of Cornwall in St Austell, where hosts Debbie Williams and Karen Lucas urge their guests to take part in a séance as they think the B&B is haunted.

Interestingly they price their rooms at the same rate all year round.
    Also interesting, there are only two ensuite rooms.

£60 per night for double room ensuite
    £50 per night with 'shower and sink'

I'm kind of reserving judgement on the comments, scores and game playing and seeing how it progresses this week.
    Low scores haven't always meant underpayments, or not by too much any way.
    I did think the room rate last night seemed steep for the area and what we saw, but as time goes on with this series, I'm finding it harder to 'read'
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    The Duke of Cornwall, St Austell

Described as a traditional pub, with separate dining room and six letting rooms.

Interestingly they price their rooms at the same rate all year round.
    Also interesting, there are only two ensuite rooms.

£60 per night for double room ensuite
    £50 per night with 'shower and sink'

I'm kind of reserving judgement on the comments, scores and game playing and seeing how it progresses this week.
    Low scores haven't always meant underpayments, or not by too much any way.
    I did think the room rate last night seemed steep for the area and what we saw, but as time goes on with this series, I'm finding it harder to 'read'

The room rates seem very reasonable but there are some pretty naff reviews on Tripadvisor.

The séance probably means they will conjure up ghost-gate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Just watched first 2 episodes - not warming to any of these people this week. Last week's lot spoiled me I think!
    Forum Member
    Have just noticed from the website I linked to that it says
    'Anthea and Debbie welcome you' not Karen and Debbie as per the programme :confused:
    Is Karen really an Anthea, or is Debbie's business partner someone else who didn't want to appear on screen? or has there been a change and it's not been updated.
    We love a mystery don't we :D

Also noticed what I presume is a mistake where the only single room is quoted at £50 per night and a double as £35 - presume it must be the other way around?
  • David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember sleeping on the floor at my mates house when I was about 11 and it was damned uncomfortable then :D
    As said, they didn't even seem to try the mattress out:confused:

As for not being able to serve 6 breakfasts out at the same time, that's just not good enough, my wife and I own a cafe and getting all the meals for one order prepared and ready for service is just basic common sense.:p
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm....A seance tonight...I'm not a fan..:(
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Have just noticed from the website I linked to that it says
    'Anthea and Debbie welcome you' not Karen and Debbie as per the programme :confused:
    Is Karen really an Anthea, or is Debbie's business partner someone else who didn't want to appear on screen? or has there been a change and it's not been updated.
    We love a mystery don't we :D

Also noticed what I presume is a mistake where the only single room is quoted at £50 per night and a double as £35 - presume it must be the other way around?

Are you a detective Solar? If not you should be!..:D
This discussion has been closed.