Cyclists - why do they annoy you?

1454647484951»

Comments

• Flabby_GutFlabby_Gut Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    And if those who are on bikes were in cars, the roads would be even busier...

Logic isn't a strong point of cyclist haters and the motorists on this thread.

Take CAR TAX. Yes all you ignoramus - that's what it is called!

It is NOT ROAD TAX - LOL!

You pay CAR tax - based on the emissions of your vehicle. That's why electric & efficient cars pay none or very little.

The state of the roads, which is a joke, is paid for by your local council tax. As are the police which "police" the roads.

The reason your car insurance is expensive is solely down to illegal & persistent CAR drivers that the police obviously aren't succeeding in abating.
    Forum Member

Posting a picture of a sex offender in an awful Photoshop- hilarious!

There was a guy at school who was called Vernon - I imagine that is how he would look now in his double denim.

Take it that is a self portrait?
  • DMN1968DMN1968 Posts: 2,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flabby_Gut wrote: »
    Logic isn't a strong point of cyclist haters and the motorists on this thread.

Take CAR TAX. Yes all you ignoramus - that's what it is called!

It is NOT ROAD TAX - LOL!

You pay CAR tax - based on the emissions of your vehicle. That's why electric & efficient cars pay none or very little.

The state of the roads, which is a joke, is paid for by your local council tax. As are the police which "police" the roads.

The reason your car insurance is expensive is solely down to illegal & persistent CAR drivers that the police obviously aren't succeeding in abating.

Pedant mode on: :)

Its actually Vehicle Excise Duty - the registered keepers of vehicles other than cars also have to pay it!!

I also believe some of the roads, such as trunk roads and motorways are funded from general taxation rather than by local authorities.

The reason it is expensive is that insurance companies have to pay out for costs of accidents, and return a profit to their shareholders.
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idiot cyclist went straight through a red light at a junction this afternoon. There is also a zebra crossing at this junction and the green man was flashing for people to cross.
    All the cars obviously stopped when the lights went red but said idiot cyclist just sailed through several seconds after the lights had changed to red almost knocking me over as I started crossing the road.

Why do so many cyclists seem to think traffic laws don't apply to them??!!
    Forum Member
    DMN1968 wrote: »
    Pedant mode on: :)

Its actually Vehicle Excise Duty - the registered keepers of vehicles other than cars also have to pay it!!

I also believe some of the roads, such as trunk roads and motorways are funded from general taxation rather than by local authorities.

The reason it is expensive is that insurance companies have to pay out for costs of accidents, and return a profit to their shareholders.

You're right and I agree. But the state of the roads in your locality, and potholes is paid for by council tax.

The roads where I live are an utter joke. Getting resurfaced now, even though they at the beginning of the year and seem to be constantly limited.

The sole reason is that the contractors simply botch it and don't do it properly in the 1st place!

In regards to "accidents" - a lot of them aren't and the bulk of the cost is absorbed by law abiding motorists who pay for illegal, uninsured and persistent drivers.

And that is because there is no real "punishment" for these scumbags.

If I was an illegal immigrant living in this country I wouldn't adhere to any law because I know there is little chance of getting punished or deported.

That's the real problem....
    Forum Member
    mattlamb wrote: »
    Idiot cyclist went straight through a red light at a junction this afternoon. There is also a zebra crossing at this junction and the green man was flashing for people to cross.
    All the cars obviously stopped when the lights went red but said idiot cyclist just sailed through several seconds after the lights had changed to red almost knocking me over as I started crossing the road.

Why do so many cyclists seem to think traffic laws don't apply to them??!!

You don't mention any pedestrians so take it there weren't any...

Can you not see the absurdity of what you are getting angry about?

Or were there pedestrians that the "idiot cyclist" put at risk?

If there weren't any - then who is the real idiot?

What is your problem? Have you ever gone through an amber light?

Take it you NEVER break the speed limit - is that correct?

One question - have YOU EVER broken the speed limit?
  • Marc_DuckworthMarc_Duckworth Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did you even read his post? Yours is the absurd one. The cyclist went through a red, not an amber. Which is still illegal you know, or are you an advocate that if a motorist is at a red and theres no pedestrians its ok for him to go? You are the lroblem people have with cyclists. Even other respectable cyclists will have this problem with you.
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Er, read my post properly.

I was a pedestrian about to cross the road at this moment. There were other pedestrians too.

Break the speed limit plenty of times when driving. That doesn't mean I blatantly put other people at serious risk like this idiot cyclist did.
    Forum Member
    mattlamb wrote: »
    Er, read my post properly.

I was a pedestrian about to cross the road at this moment. There were other pedestrians too.

Break the speed limit plenty of times when driving. That doesn't mean I blatantly put other people at serious risk like this idiot cyclist did.

Er, but you break the law? You hypocrite and over exaggerator, you weren't in any real danger.

Why are you speeding? It's illegal. Do you think that the cyclist may have had the same attitude as you - "no harm done"?

Because according to you no harm was done....

Doh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most drivers are *******, most cyclists are also *******.