Morgan Butcher
Devon Higgs

Dennis Rickman
Harry Hickles

Mark Sager
Matthew Douglas

Coming up in tonight’s episode:

Hey Brother
Alfie hopes that the sale of The Vic will have fallen through following recent events, but this proves not to be the case when Phil warns him to be out by midday. As Kat and Alfie make the move over to Number 23, speculation is rife among the locals about who has bought the pub. At the same time, Shirley seems to be in a good mood following a mysterious phone call.

Later, Kat and Alfie are grateful as a number of the locals have helped them to move their belongings out, so they decide to run a cheap bar at The Vic. When Phil hears about this, he tries to throw everyone out, but Shirley refuses to leave. As the former couple are about to argue, Mick and his family arrive. Shirley is delighted as she announces that The Vic's new owner is her brother…

Farewell Chewbacca
Max is curious when Joey warns him to keep an eye on Jake. Max follows Lauren and is shocked to find her in a compromising position with Jake. With Lauren watching on, Max warns Jake that he will make sure he loses everything unless he ends the relationship immediately. Later, Joey is devastated to learn that Alice may not be released from prison. He decides that there is nothing left for him in Walford and is leaving, but invites Lauren to come with him. Will Lauren go?

But I Beally Beally Love Her!
Ian is worried when Peter refuses to end his romance with Lola. When Peter learns of Phil's threats, will he dump Lola to save Ian?

Terry Wants His Orange Back!
Terry tries to make amends with Bianca but she doesn't want to hear it.

Threadstarters count 2013:
1. monalisa62003- 12 threads
10/1, 28/2, 1/4, 2/5, 16/5, 30/5, 18/7, 22/8, 10/9. 15/10, 14/11, 18/11.
2. IanMandy- 11 threads
25/1, 6/3, 18/4, 10/5, 20/5, 7/6, 1/8, 20/8, 11/9, 25/10, 13/12.
= TheRedHood- 11 threads
8/1, 21/2, 11/3, 9/4, 17/5, 18/6, 22/7, 29/8, 4/10, 7/11, 17/12.
= dan2008- 11 threads
8/2, 22/2, 18/3, 11/6, 27/6, 1/7, 8/8, 3/9, 24/9, 29/11, 25/12.
5. lawsj123- 9 threads
14/1, 19/2, 5/3, 11/4, 9/5, 6/6, 10/6, 14/6, 19/9.
= Zack06- 9 threads
1/1, 11/2, 1/3, 30/4, 31/5, 4/7, 6/9, 1/10, 31/10.
= SMIDSYmk2- 9 threads
18/1, 7/2, 22/3, 6/5, 25/6, 25/7, 30/8, 7/10, 21/11.
= EEFanatic- 9 threads
15/2, 14/3, 12/4, 24/6, 16/7, 5/9, 17/9, 4/11, 23/12.
9. Mattehhhftw- 8 threads
17/1, 25/2, 26/3, 3/5, 20/6, 12/8, 11/10, 5/11.
= dullagj2- 8 threads
4/1, 19/4, 28/6, 9/9, 20/9, 1/11, 25/11, 26/12.
= Scrabbler- 8 threads
19/3, 21/3, 14/5, 30/7, 8/10, 26/11, 10/12, 24/12.
12. Ice dragon1- 7 threads
15/7, 6/8, 27/8, 13/9, 27/9, 10/10, 29/10.
= Cuishla- 7 threads
31/1, 12/3, 15/4, 21/5, 12/7, 16/9, 12/11.
= Sez_babe- 7 threads
15/1, 14/2, 8/4, 7/5, 11/7, 14/10, 19/11.
= OhWhenTheSaints- 7 threads
21/1, 26/2, 26/4, 13/6, 2/8, 21/10, 20/12.
16. xTonix- 6 threads
24/1, 18/2, 23/4, 4/6, 9/8, 24/10.
17. PrincessPerfect- 5 threads
1/2, 4/4, 23/5, 15/8, 28/10.
= Dan-Bevis- 5 threads
28/3, 25/4, 29/5, 2/7, 23/9.
= ICON111- 5 threads
28/1, 13/3, 21/6, 26/8, 2/12.
= KieranDS- 5 threads
4/2, 2/4, 24/5, 5/7, 5/12.
21. SOAPYFAN- 4 threads
29/1, 25/3, 28/5, 16/8.
= IzzyInTheHouse- 4 threads
3/1, 5/2, 8/3, 16/4.
= thejoyof_pat- 4 threads
26/7, 13/8, 12/9, 26/9.
24. Aaron1995- 3 threads
7/1, 12/2, 19/8.
= graciemay6- 3 threads
5/4, 22/4, 29/7.
= JR_THELEGEND- 3 threads
29/4, 13/5, 5/8.
= I've Got Class- 3 threads
22/1, 29/3, 18/10.
= thismorningfan- 3 threads
2/9, 17/10, 16/12.
= Harlowe- 3 threads
3/10, 8/11, 12/12.
30. maurice45- 2 threads
3/6, 19/7.
= Adversity- 2 threads
17/6, 8/7.
= aspijack- 2 threads
23/7, 23/8.
= Cal_Scream2- 2 threads
30/9, 22/11.
= lola_skye- 2 threads
22/10, 9/12.
= SoapAddict101- 2 threads
3/12, 19/12.
36. eastendersfan37- 1 thread
11/1.
= dublintvfan- 1 thread
4/3.
= AngelicPrincess- 1 thread
7/3.
= EESuperFan- 1 thread
9/7.
= dancing.queen- 1 thread
11/11.
= sorcha_healy27- 1 thread
28/11

On This Day:

2010- Janine/Ryan

2011- Yusef blows up the B&B

Jeff Povey:

Jeff is a verteran EastEnders writer. He has been writing for the show for 20 years writing over 160 episodes in the process! He wrote Sean's ambiguous exit and the controversial baby swap episodes to name a few as well as Shirley trying to drown Ben. Here's some episodes he has written:

October 19th 1993 - Pat/Frank, Mandy/Aidan, Ricky (spot Vernon who used to be in Corrie

27th June 1995- David Wicks & Sharon Watts

2nd January 2001

20th November 2003- Shannis

17th December 2004- Shannis, Paul/Andy

15th February 2005- Andy gets drunk and makes a fool of himself

27th July 2007- Ronnie & Roxy

18th October 2007- Ronnie & Roxy

2008- Sean pleads with Ronnie

NYD 2009- Sean exits

5th March 2010- Bradley's funeral

30th July 2010- Lucas' exit/Stacey & Lily

Kalfie

The baby swap

Janine/Ricky

Sharon returns to the Square and Denny is in the kitchen eating a biscuit

Halloween 2013

FAMILY By Peggy Mitchell:
Tonight sees the Carters arrive on the Square, they're not the first family to arrive en masse. Here's a trip down memory lane...GET OUTTA MA PUB DANNY DIRE!!!

The Slaters

The infamous Ferreiras

The Millers

The Brannings

The Masoods - Syed completes the pack

The Moons

DS ENDERS - SERIES 3

EPISODE THIRTEEN 37/38: (Christmas Day Special)

Janine is full of the joys of Christmas as she helps Scarlett open all her presents. The look on her face is magical and she regrets missing her first Christmas but is thankful that she followed Pat’s advice and didn’t abort her. She’s glad of dullagj’2 company and feels safer having someone else around the house although Michael doesn’t even cross her mind. She wants to give Scarlett everything she didn’t have and she’s tearful as she remembers her own childhood. Unbeknownst to her, Michael is lurking outside determined to see his daughter on Christmas Day. He is thrown by dullagj2’s presence, spotting him in the kitchen and assumes she has a new fancy man but nothing’s going to stop him seeing his daughter!

Dullagj2 rings vald to tell her he’s home and she asks him to visit her later, delighted at the news. Los.kav is touched by his present from vald and feels accepted for who he is for the first time in his life. Zack visits Toni in the hospital bringing her some gifts, they have to be checked through before he can give them to her to make sure there’s nothing sharp she can harm herself with. He’s upset by her state but tries not to show it. She thanks him for coming but the visit plays on his mind throughout the rest of the day, he expected to see an improvement in her.

It’s a lonely Christmas for vaslav and he’s unnerved when he receives a homophobic Christmas card in the post but there’s no post Christmas Day….is this connected to the naked photo? Lotty misses her son and skypes him after dinner, she’s bowled over when he tells her she’s going to be a granny. Her husband is thrilled to have her home and asks her to renew their wedding vows with him, lotty agrees giving him a big hug and kiss.

It’s quiet in dan’s household as the tension continues to leave a sour taste. He begs Bevis just to forget about it for one day, forget about what a shite year it has been for them both and enjoy the day, make the most of their last day living together stating that even the war called a truce on Christmas Day, can’t they do the same? Bevis is pensive but is persuaded when he opens dan’s present. He realises that dan knows him inside out and no matter how much he tries to keep away from him, he keeps coming back. Bevis gives him a kiss as a sign of his appreciation. Things soon lead to the bedroom…

Also tonight, Geraldine is furious when she realises mo mouse hasn’t got her anything for Chrimbo and throws him out on his ear saying she loathes him and he deserves to be in the gutter. Ilovenicnacs can’t remember last night, it’s all a blur but that’s probably a good thing! Gary misses his family on xmas day but he’s determined to find out what happened to Emily and continues to trawl through the CCTV munching on his turkey sandwich, he almost chokes as he makes a discovery.

Mona opens Shirley’s present but she doesn’t know what it is. Shirley says it’s a vibrator, “I thought it might cheer you up, there’s batteries included!” she winks. Mona tries not to vomit before giving Shirley her pressie. Mona eeks as Shirl opens her leather boots with “Phirley 4eva” inscribed on the back. She adds them to her collection.

Poppy is dreading Christmas dinner thinking of all the calories it will contain and decides to feign an upset tummy. She’s also upset that Fatboy won’t be home for Chrimbo, Tansy has got engaged and Dot has gone to see Jim. Feeling alone she’s glad to see klendathu when he calls with tight leggings for her. He doesn’t stay long though as he’s going to his parents’ house for dinner. Wanting to feel in control, she doesn’t eat anything just drinks water to make her feel full.

Ian has Christmas dinner at the restaurant with his family and invites IanMandy and Jake along. IanMandy’s annoyed that Jake and his missus have been invited but he decides to seize the opportunity….talking to Sadie he tells her that he didn’t think she was his wife, “There’s another woman who’s always visiting him and kissing him.” Sadie is seething and it has the desired effect as a row ensues…both leaving prematurely. IanMandy then sets his sights on Denise, the voice telling him to seduce her and prove to Ian she’s not wife material.

Scrabbler and Lola-skye join Angie and her hubbie for Christmas lunch before they head to the Gutter for the Christmas Day screening which they are very excited about and extremely proud of. Angie is put in an awkward position when Scrabbler and her husband don’t get on, is it a clash of two alphas or is he jealous of Scrabbler’s close relationship with his wife?

It’s a tough day for sorcha. She lays new flowers at TK’s memorial but Christmas dinner is a nightmare as she dozily forgets to put on the oven so the turkey won’t be ready in time. Maurice is on edge as she downs the red wine but he can’t bite his tongue any longer. He tells her she needs to get her act together, she has a baby on the way and is drinking like a fish, when she isn’t she’s throwing herself at anyone who’ll have her! Sorcha bites back, “Jealous are we? Who wants to fcuk a pregnant woman? I had no intention of having a knee trembler in the alleyway! Plus it’s Christmas, everyone drinks and if you think pregnant women don’t drink then you’re deluded!” Maurice leaves the room in a huff, spitting would she jump into the sea if everyone else was doing it, on second thoughts don’t answer that!

Janine opens up to dullagj2 over a bottle of wine. She tells him that she’ll never be normal because she didn’t get the support when she needed it, ”My childhood has made me who I am today, I couldn’t handle it! I don’t want Scarlett’s to be like that. I don’t want her to have trust issues, I don’t want her to turn out like me!” Dullagj2 tells Janine that he’ll take Scarlett for a walk to vald’s to give her a break. Over at Scarlett’s (restaurant), IanMandy approaches Denise with some mistletoe but he’s frustrated when she kindly declines his advances. When Ian sees Denise is uncomfortable, he pulls IanMandy away from her putting it down to the drink.

Everyone begins to gather in the Shirley Gutter for Christmas Day EastEnders. Gary approaches Scrabbler with a CCTV image of Emily disputing with another male. Scrabbler is able to identify him and tells him where to find the mystery male. Elsewhere, Michael forces opens Janine’s back door determined not to let the day pass without seeing his girl unaware she’s not there. As he enters the living room Janine is busy watching the Doctor Who regeneration sitting with the lamp on to give her light.

A montage begins to play over this song, Vald greets dullagj2 and Scarlett at the door and lets them in, dan lies awake in bed (Bevis asleep next to him), everyone is enjoying the EE xmas special at the Shirley Gutter. Sorcha sits alone in the living room. Gary approaches IanMandy in the restaurant demanding to know why he was rowing with his sister the night she disappeared. Dot is eating dinner alone as Poppy’s tummy rumbles upstairs. Mo Mouse is in the gutter. Vaslav enters the Shirley Gutter, Scrabbler is happy to see him as he pulls up a chair. Michael delurks , “Hello Janine!” (Janine looks in disbelief, is she imagining it?)
Next thing the power goes off. The Square is covered in darkness as Janine’s scream echoes.

Duff duff: A pitch black shot of the Square.

Christmas Day DS Enders continues NYD….
- The community has to pull together as the power cut threatens to ruin their Christmas!
- Janine is in danger!
- IanMandy has some explaining to do…, will this send him over the edge?
- Is Gary everything he makes out to be?

Links:

EastEnders Spoiler Thread

EE character count 2013

EE Duff Duff Count 2013

EastEnders - 2013 Writers Count

DS Enders

Eastenders Webcam (Part 2)

Was Janine's exit fitting?

Best Christmas Day Soap?

Rate the episode. 122 votes

10. Excellent script, direction and acting
12%
[Deleted User]bwfcolbean_of_sbInsideSoapanthpiefacegavin shipmanSandsssmr mugglesjboy2k81992[Deleted User]Barry_ClarkeCal_Scream2Kiraaa[Deleted User] 15 votes
9: I'm liking the Carters, it's a good sign!
36%
Inspirationmoontidevaldrobjames69[Deleted User]WasimY2Sez_babexTonix[Deleted User]Lion_60DEADLY_17Parric744troy7RandomPeter94Kaz4596pothuthicSorcha_27nigel12Dessie[Deleted User] 45 votes
8: Phil's face was great!
22%
salthepalHollo and GonchcctpsgotherJigglyBallgaryessexLushnesskazzieconSuperAPJz1oey83walford-e20EESuperFanSpanner82KieranDSleahrosrevaslav37dullireOminousGlory[Deleted User]ryanr554 27 votes
7: Send Joey to EE Heaven
9%
coolerdan2008BrigonYoshi FanAngelicPrincessMrAndrewF1Kenfelixrexxeo[Deleted User]Dan_1983 11 votes
6: How long before Kat's up to her old tricks?
4%
Psycho_Kitty[Deleted User][Deleted User]Doctor BenchDiane60radcliffe95 6 votes
5: David is alive!
2%
FlohMiniMeToomissholland 3 votes
4: Abi, get the door!
2%
SULLAMurraymar123keithy123 3 votes
3: That ep. wasn't for me!
2%
mossy2103Shazla09IJoinedInMay 3 votes
2: I should've found something else to do
4%
lulu g2shy2007IgguldenSierra-OscarDingDong08 5 votes
1: That's it I'm done, no more EE for me!
3%
[Deleted User]adamlee19Rob1985TVbash 4 votes

Comments

• dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Thanks DJ

It really is all about to change :)

7:15 is too early. I don't like that slot :(

Evening All and happy #BoxingDyer to you all :)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great thread dullaji. Thanks a million. Hope you had a lovely Christmas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Thank you dullagj2 and nice title.

Said this many times that I'm just repeating myself but I can't wait to meet the family :)
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon is about to become more prominent I hear from tonight - appearing only once since the 31 October.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,235
    Forum Member
    Wow have I really done 8 episode threads? Didn't think it was that many!

Thanks for the thread Don Dullagj2, hope you had a really nice Xmas. I was really pleased with the Horses Head that you got me, it'll look nice above my fireplace. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Wow have I really done 8 episode threads? Didn't think it was that many!

Thanks for the thread Don Dullagj2, hope you had a really nice Xmas. I was really pleased with the Horses Head that you got me, it'll look nice above my fireplace. :D

Ha ha ha! Bet you've had horses head in bed though lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the great thread DJ and I hope you had a good Christmas.

I will make it my new year's resolution to do more Eastenders episode threads throughout the year. :)
    Forum Member
    11 Threads :o Thought I had only done about 6. 2 of which wasn't even planned it was just IanMandy forgot :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Sharon is about to become more prominent I hear from tonight - appearing only once since the 31 October.

Yeah I've really enjoyed Sharon since her last appearance and I hope she is portrayed like that more often.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,235
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    11 Threads :o Thought I had only done about 6. 2 of which wasn't even planned it was just IanMandy forgot :D

He gets far too carried away playing with his teddybears that he forgets he is supposed to be creating the eppy thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did one!!!! Eek.i forgot I created an emergency one. Usually I just turn up and enjoy the fruits of someone else's work.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DTC giving Shirley a family while Sharon gets back with Phil he clearly values Shirley more.
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    He gets far too carried away playing with his teddybears that he forgets he is supposed to be creating the eppy thread.
    Yeah that's what it is. I am going to kidnap those f'ing bears next time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Expertly crafted thread DJ ! :) Hats off :D

Did anyone see Rachel Bright's pic she tweeted today ?

Smashing girl , not sure if I've ever mentioned it before ;):p
    Forum Member
    Noticed you just added in the Time start DJ.....You should have had it's all about to change @ 7:15 :p
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Luv the thread :D
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DTC giving Shirley a family while Sharon gets back with Phil he clearly values Shirley more.

Shirley is DTC' s favourite character.
  • Dan_1983Dan_1983 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for thread DJ. Looking forward to tonight's episode and happy #BoxingDyer :)
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the thread, I am still being referred to as Angie in DSenders yay! :) I think DSenders kept me going through Newmans EE.
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Shirley is DTC' s favourite character.
    One of. I got the impression Peggy Mitchell was his Favourite.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joint 12th :D

Thanks for the thread. Can't wait to see the Carters :D:D
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow thanks for the thread Dullag- can you please post the threadstarter rota btw? (Can't believe I'm second behind Mona! What happened to her, is she still banned, I half expected er to drown the Shirley thread earlier :p )

I really love that scene with Ricky/Janine- he didn't do much old Ricky but he was a very grounded character. Sorely missed
    Forum Member
    Dan_1983 wrote: »
    Thanks for thread DJ. Looking forward to tonight's episode and happy #BoxingDyer :)
    Happy #BoxingDyer to you too :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thread dullag:)
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    I am looing forward to Phil and Shirley flirting tonight as I know where its going.....nowhere apart from Sharon kicking off for a day and have Phil work harder. Phil working for his woman is always more fun than him laughing at his latest doormat.