"No clear idea and a steaming pile of fudge" - Ed Milliband

Comments

• Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »

For Miliband, the Daily Mail or possibly both? :D

I was wondering whether McBride might yet come back to haunt the likes of Miliband and Balls so dispite this article being written in a rag it'll be interesting to see if this leads anywhere.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess Mr McBride has given up al hope of a job in a new Labour government. lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Mmmmmm not rocket science to know that the Daily Fail is a right wing supporter so wouldnt expect them to sing the praises of the labour party!!!
  • Options
    MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garry-paul wrote: »
    Mmmmmm not rocket science to know that the Daily Fail is a right wing supporter so wouldnt expect them to sing the praises of the labour party!!!

McBride was a Labour spin doctor ;-)
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Majlis wrote: »
    McBride was a Labour spin doctor ;-)

....and Gordon Brown's attack dog.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Garry-paul wrote: »

You sound like you need to be reminded of Damian McBride's track record:

"On 11 April 2009 it was reported by The Daily Telegraph that McBride had sent a series of emails to former Labour Party official Derek Draper discussing plans to set up the controversial Red Rag blogsite which would be used to post rumours they had made up about the private lives of senior and high-profile members of the Conservative Party. These false rumours would have included sexual and personal allegations about certain Tory politicians and their spouses, including Nadine Dorries, David and Samantha Cameron, and George and Frances Osborne"

I don't think that even The Daily Mail would stoop this low.
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being attacked by McBride is surely a good sign? I'd be more worried if he was happy with Ed ;-)

There seems to be a huge conflict in the Daily Mail's narrative of New Labour. One one hand they are hyper critical of all most every aspect of the way the party operated under Blair and Brown, yet on the other they also seem to be critical that Milliband isn't behaving in exactly the same way.

Make up your mind; is it good to be a centrally controlled, media obsessed, conservative minded party that ignores it's members or not?
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McBride is not a likeable character and has a book to sell but many will not disagree with much of what he is saying.
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mail and the Tories beginning to get worried so more personal attacks coming up
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "No clear idea and a steaming pile of fudge"

Yup. I'm not sure I would have used those exact words but nevertheless it concisely sums up Ed Miliband for me.
  • Options
    LandisLandis Posts: 14,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We need the Daily Mail - once again - to tell us that there is something about Miliband's face which is bothering them.

But this time we need them to tell us what that something is.

Perhaps David Axelrod has dealt with a "similar" problem in his past career and is relishing the prospect......
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the risk of repeating the bleedin' obvious - these are McBrides' words, not the Daily Mail's...
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have the Daily Mail and the Tories found themselves a new hero in Damian McBride now :D ;-)
  • Options
    LandisLandis Posts: 14,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have the Daily Mail and the Tories found themselves a new hero in Damian McBride now :D ;-)

Let's not forget Dan Hodges. The journalist with the most inappropriate strapline ever:

He writes about Labour with tribal loyalty and without reservation.
  • Options
    northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Landis wrote: »
    Let's not forget Dan Hodges. The journalist with the most inappropriate strapline ever:

Yes, good old Desperate Dan. The tribal loyalty to ultra-Blairites only. Wish his mum would give him a clip round the ear for being such an annoying twerp.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Putting aside the fact that McBride is a proven grade A cock. I have a question for the Labour supporters on here.

If you had a friend who was driving at top speed towards the edge of a cliff, would you try to get them to change direction or would you cheer them on as they drove off the edge?

Because judging from the response to criticism that originates from within the Labour camp it appears to me that Labour supporters prefer the lemming approach.

Just sayin'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because judging from the vitriolic response to criticism that originates from within the Labour camp it appears to me that Labour supporters prefer the lemming approach.

Just sayin'

What vitriolic responses from within the "Labour camp" have there been in this thread ? :confused:

vitriolic
    ˌvɪtrɪˈɒlɪk/
    adjective
    adjective: vitriolic

filled with bitter criticism or malice.
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    heiker wrote: »
    You sound like you need to be reminded of Damian McBride's track record:

"On 11 April 2009 it was reported by The Daily Telegraph that McBride had sent a series of emails to former Labour Party official Derek Draper discussing plans to set up the controversial Red Rag blogsite which would be used to post rumours they had made up about the private lives of senior and high-profile members of the Conservative Party. These false rumours would have included sexual and personal allegations about certain Tory politicians and their spouses, including Nadine Dorries, David and Samantha Cameron, and George and Frances Osborne"

I don't think that even The Daily Mail would stoop this low.

They have when they infiltrated a memorial service to dish the dirt on Ed Miliband's father.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What vitriolic responses from within the "Labour camp" have there been in this thread ? :confused:

vitriolic
    ˌvɪtrɪˈɒlɪk/
    adjective
    adjective: vitriolic

filled with bitter criticism or malice.

Well Northantsgirl is kind of advocating the use of violence to shut up Dan Hodges. ;-)

Fair enough - Maybe "vitriolic" was a slight exageration - I've removed the offending word for you.
  • Options
    Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    If you had a friend who was driving at top speed towards the edge of a cliff, would you try to get them to change direction or would you cheer them on as they drove off the edge?
    Screw the Labour Party, who's up for watching Quadrophenia? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Landis wrote: »

I know nothing about Dan Hodges as I don't read newspapers but it seems strange that someone with unreserved tribal loyalty towards Labour would be Cameron's favourite columnist.
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Putting aside the fact that McBride is a proven grade A cock. I have a question for the Labour supporters on here.

Because judging from the response to criticism that originates from within the Labour camp it appears to me that Labour supporters prefer the lemming approach.

Just sayin'

So you're saying that McBride is both a 'grade A cock' and a good judge of Ed Miliband's electoral strategy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They have when they infiltrated a memorial service to dish the dirt on Ed Miliband's father.

You've mispelt the word "truth".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you're saying that McBride is both a 'grade A cock' and a good judge of Ed Miliband's electoral strategy?

Well I'm definately saying the first which doesn't necessarily preclude the second.

I would say his work experience at least gives him some credible background with which to comment on Labour electoral strategy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tony321 wrote: »
    Mail and the Tories beginning to get worried so more personal attacks coming up

The Daily Mail is no friend of the Tories. Far from it, personal attacks by the Mail on Ed Miliband are not indicative of them favouring the Conservative Party.

If Cameron was caught parking this afternoon in a disabled bay you can bet your bottom dollar that it would be a banner headline story in the morning's Daily Mail.