Options

Chromecast Question.

dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just a question regarding Chromecast just purcahsed it for my girlfriend ive set it up everything fine. How do i send just a single webpage to the TV she has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. When i say a webpage something like skynews, i cant evebn download coogle cast or whatever it is. I can send videos off youtube fine but now i just want to mirror a single website.

Comments

• Options
    johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know much about it myself but you do need the cast plugin for google chrome, is that installed on your pc/laptop/phone?

Sorry, just seen you can't download it for some reason?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-cast/boadgeojelhgndaghljhdicfkmllpafd?hl=en
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes ive just managed to download it on my macbook, hopefully it will support tablets and phone soon.
  • Options
    arteseaartesea Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    You could try screen mirroring through the Android Chromecast app. It's limited on the devices it'll run on but will result in you seeing the same conent on your TV as your phone. Ok for websites, but rubbish for watching videos.
  • Options
    The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    You can't screen mirror from the Tab 3, it's not a supported model. Maybe added with the Lollipop upgrade.

Sending a video from the Chrome browser only works if it's unprotected and the player isn't doing anything funny.