X Factor USA: New judges CONFIRMED

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty confident that ne-yo will be one of the new judges but I'm still torn between Kelly and Cheryl for the other spot.
    Kelly seems like the more obvious choice but saying that she does have a pretty busy schedule coming up with her tour ect. And I also don't understand why Cheryl would be in the US with her PA right now if she has 'no plans' like she said on daybreak, maybe she does have something planned that she wasn't allowed to talk about. Hmmm.

Personally I would prefer Cheryl over Kelly. I found Kelly very annoying on the UK X factor. People can go on about how untalented Cheryl is but in my opinion she was one of the best x factor judges there has been and she does know how to spot a potential popstar (picking cher lloyd over gamu despite the whole backlash she received proved that).

But then I'm also not sure if Cheryl would go back even if she was offered to, she still seemed pretty butt hurt over the whole sacking scandal in her autobiography.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty confident that ne-yo will be one of the new judges but I'm still torn between Kelly and Cheryl for the other spot.
    Kelly seems like the more obvious choice but saying that she does have a pretty busy schedule coming up with her tour ect. And I also don't understand why Cheryl would be in the US with her PA right now if she has 'no plans' like she said on daybreak, maybe she does have something planned that she wasn't allowed to talk about. Hmmm.

Personally I would prefer Cheryl over Kelly. I found Kelly very annoying on the UK X factor. People can go on about how untalented Cheryl is but in my opinion she was one of the best x factor judges there has been and she does know how to spot a potential popstar (picking cher lloyd over gamu despite the whole backlash she received proved that).

But then I'm also not sure if Cheryl would go back even if she was offered to, she still seemed pretty butt hurt over the whole sacking scandal in her autobiography.

I'm with you on this one and I wish we were right about the panel being Demi/NeYo/Simon/Cheryl. But unfortunately, we're wrong. Apparently Kevin stated on a conference call that Kelly has the job (along with another female but I doubt it's Cheryl because they would just announce that if it was true because she is in America now so that makes no sense to not announce her role)
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Fox boss Kevin Reilly confirmed it on a conference call. Judges have yet to be signed and won't be signed by tonight. What a let down.

No he didn't, the tweet was this,
    FOX Exec Conference call: No New X Factor judges to announce yet. #xfactor

All the means is he never told that blogger and at the time of his tweets there have been no announcement, it doesn't actually mean they won't be revealed later tonight at the upfronts.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    If there's going to be three female judges, could it Demi, Kelly and Paulina?

A few gossip sites are running with Kelly & Paulina as the new judges.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    No he didn't, the tweet was this,

All the means is he never told that blogger and at the time of his tweets there have been no announcement, it doesn't actually mean they won't be revealed later tonight at the upfronts.

Kevin has confirmed that the judges won't be revealed. It's 99.9% that Kelly is doing it and she currently isn't in America... surely that alone is enough evidence. We're not getting anything. I want there to be an announcement, I'm X Factor in the head but I'm just being realistic.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we might get some information on the new format if there is 1 ???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't like the idea of Simon being on a panel with 3 other women. If that's the case then he's only done it for his own ego.

Also, I'm hoping that even if we don't find out the other two judges tonight that we'll hopefully get some hints as to who it'll be.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like the idea of Simon being on a panel with 3 other women. If that's the case then he's only done it for his own ego.

Also, I'm hoping that even if we don't find out the other two judges tonight that we'll hopefully get some hints as to who it'll be.

Well it is no different than having 3 men and 1 women, it is a change afterall :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I'm with you on this one and I wish we were right about the panel being Demi/NeYo/Simon/Cheryl. But unfortunately, we're wrong. Apparently Kevin stated on a conference call that Kelly has the job (along with another female but I doubt it's Cheryl because they would just announce that if it was true because she is in America now so that makes no sense to not announce her role)

Sorry but your claim about Kelly having the job is misleading. Here's what Reilly said to the conference call:
    Fall schedule details. X Factor will once again air Wednesday/Thursday in the fall: ” X Factor is going to be a very important part of the schedule. They did a 3.6 rating last year. It was a top 15 show. I’m really looking for that again [to] really help hold us together and perform. I don’t have any new judges to talk about…but we will shortly given that we’re going to be on the road in a couple of weeks to start the next season.

It doesn't mention any Kelly/Cheryl/Paulina in there.

I find his statement to be really intriguing. Maybe when he said "I don’t have any new judges to talk about" it mean NOW as in as of the conference call because he follows it up with the term "shortly". Maybe it means he can't say anything now but shortly/later during the main upfront. Well that's my idea of it.

Here's the full article http://www.mjsbigblog.com/fox-exec-3-judges-for-idol-next-season-glee-to-play-into-summer-and-more-fall-season-details.htm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it is no different than having 3 men and 1 women, it is a change afterall :)

I just think its a change that doesn't need to be made. I think having 2 males and 2 females balances out the panel better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they should pick the best three, regardless of sex.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I just think its a change that doesn't need to be made. I think having 2 males and 2 females balances out the panel better.

Really - does it really matter how many of each gender they have? The Voice works so well because of the 3 men and 1 woman. And who knows? A 3 women + 1 man panel has never been attempted before - it might actually be much better because the female judges are usually the more entertaining/bi*chy/controversial/insightful/sweet ones (Nicole, Kelly, Danni, Sharon, Demi, Cheryl and Tulisa were more entertaining in their own ways than LA, Louis and Gary put together). Excluding Simon and maybe Noel Gallagher it would be hard to find an entertaining male judge.
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demi's at the Upfronts and can I add she looks A-MA-ZING

BKK0UHbCIAABGL1.jpg
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackamakka wrote: »
    Demi's at the Upfronts and can I add she looks A-MA-ZING

BKK0UHbCIAABGL1.jpg

Not long to go I guess? Is there a live stream this time?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really - does it really matter how many of each gender they have? The Voice works so well because of the 3 men and 1 woman. And who knows? A 3 women + 1 man panel has never been attempted before - it might actually be much better because the female judges are usually the more entertaining/bi*chy/controversial/insightful/sweet ones (Nicole, Kelly, Danni, Sharon, Demi, Cheryl and Tulisa were more entertaining in their own ways than LA, Louis and Gary put together). Excluding Simon and maybe Noel Gallagher it would be hard to find an entertaining male judge.

If bitchiness is what some people like to see then those people probably would enjoy having 3 women on the panel. I do find the bitchiness between the two female judges amusing to an extent but with three women it could become too much, where it becomes more irritating than entertaining. Especially on a show like X factor where the judges communicate with each other way more than they do on the voice.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a stream to watch it from ?
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Fifth Harmony are performing at the event as well :)
  • clare32clare32 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly Rowland and Cheryl have been the main rumours, Kelly is now unavailable as she announced tour dates that clash entirely..

They don't, I've just seen Kelly's tour dates and x factor audition dates and only 1 date clashes which is 23rd May, which is the first date on Kelly's tour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live stream?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you :)

Think it's now certain the judges aren't being revealed.
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But, I thought I read on here that Demi said in her recent Ellen interview that she knows all the judges?

This really is a let down. I was looking forward to seeing who the new judges would be. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    dillan wrote: »
    But, I thought I read on here that Demi said in her recent Ellen interview that she knows all the judges?

This really is a let down. I was looking forward to seeing who the new judges would be. :(
    she just said she heard names, not that she knows all the judges: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDkjCzeY_Wc
  • justjjustj Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    they are starting filming in one and a half weeks so i think that no one is going to find out who the judges are until they turn up on the first day of filming
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she just said she heard names, not that she knows all the judges: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDkjCzeY_Wc

Thanks for the video! :)