2 and a half men - renew, without the half

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why did they make Walden rich? I like the idea of Alan getting the house in the will and then gambling half of it away to someone who was down on their luck and had to live there - that does make for a better story line.

Yep the show is on its last legs. Alan is just a vile character they litter with wank and desperate sex references. Its sad.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I certainly have to agree that Alan has become quite unlikeable now - they used to occasionally remind us that Walden and Alan were best friends, but that seems to have been thrown out now - if you disliked someone that much who was living in your house rent-free, would you not kick them out?

That said, I still found it amusing enough though, so I'll likely stick with it.

:eek:

He always has been. Its just now he is even more a leech to someone he had no connection to.

It was not so bad when Charlie was around has he used to put him in his place.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:

He always has been. Its just now he is even more a leech to someone he had no connection to.

It was not so bad when Charlie was around has he used to put him in his place.

I didn't mind him when Charlie was around. He was portrayed more as the downtrodden loser rather than what he is now.

I must admit though, I do like the idea of him winning the house, or even part of Walden's fortune, in a bet though - as long as it's only temporary.
    pac_girl wrote: »
    why did they make Walden rich?

he sold his internet company for a billion dollars. he than started another one and subsequently sold that for another billion dollars.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry I meant the character - why make him a rich person? except for Alan to be able to ponce off. Making him rich, just opens up the idea that he could just **** off and leave Alan in the house, leaving no story lines.

I realise that I'm questioning a badly written, once amusing sit com's plot holes and I should leave this thread immediately and go think deeply about life and the universe - :eek:
  • TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree: why do Walden and Alan have to live together? Walden could have given Alan the house, or rented it to him. Alan could have started working for Walden and the audience would see them together at work. But I guess the writers wanted to keep the dynamic of two guys in a house, one a loser and one a winner with the ladies. Jenny will probably get recycled Charlie jokes and situations.
  • Alan51Alan51 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first episode with the daughter was truely awful; I will give it a couple of weeks then delete from my sky planner if it does not improve
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone. I agree with you Cantona07. The show makes no sense. Why would a multimillionaire like Walden want to live in a house with Alan? And Alan has become a mooching loser and an unlikable character- now that Jake is no longer on the show we won't see his good side, the father trying to help his son. Making Charlie's daughter gay gives it a little spice, but again, why would Walden allow her into his house and his life so quickly? The writing is awful. Unless the writing becomes better I don't see the show coming back next year for a new season.

I agree. The whole Point was that Charlie and Alan were Brothers and he could not get rid of him. Charlie obviously loved Jake and put up with Alan!! Great Programme and it is just not the same with Ashton who is beautiful but cannot act. But to be fair the whole Show was previously centred around Charlie and he was basically just playing himself Charlie Sheen!!! I loved the storyline of Rose and Charlie, it was hilarious. Just do not bother to watch the new set up. Much prefer old Shows with Charlie Sheen and I liked Anger Management, especially the Scenes with the prisoners in Group therapy!!! I have only seen series one and two and was surprised to hear that the Girl-friend was fired from the Show as they seem to have a great chemistry. Perhaps Charlie can act, after all!!!!!!!