Options

The Legendary Mitchell sisters! Thank you for the memories Sam & Rita we will miss u!

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
Forum Member
✭✭
The Legendary Mitchells sisters were without a doubt one of soaps greatest partnerships that will be remembered in the soap community forever.

I think Sam and Rita portrayed Ronnie and Roxy beautifully, I for one will miss them terribly. Although I did feel that they needed a change in direction I never believed that there was a need to kill off two iconic characters, especially from a family who had not long ago buried its matriarch.

After decades of strong male duos in soaps The Mitchell sisters were simply a breath of fresh air.

So I would like to use this thread for you to share your favourite Ronnie or Roxy moment.

Thanks Sam and Rita, it has been a roller-coaster of a ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZvB-ZpB-zk

Comments

• Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss them way more than I thought I would :(
  • Options
    KatEndersKatEnders Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what Ronnie and Roxy would have been like as old women.
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cissy and Ada (Google it)

Thanks
  • Options
    KatEndersKatEnders Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxy I think originally Peggy saw a bit of herself in Roxy and I always thought Roxy would end up being like Peggy. Ronnie could of ended up like Aunt Sal :D
  • Options
    CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also sad that they were killed off :-(
    I think the Danielle story was where I really fell in love with Ronnie as a character. She wasn't the same on her 2nd stint though, the constant breaks really damaged her. Roxy was an interesting character too, I remember her wedding day to Alfie, that was when I felt sorry for her. Overall they were both characters who made a huge impact and will be missed. The biggest worry is that EE is failing to create amazing new characters as it used to 10+ years ago. They really need to sort things out quick.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cissy and Ada (Google it)

Thanks

Glad to see yer a corrie fan ! :p:D
  • Options
    Derek1903Derek1903 Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Glad they`ve gone. Apart from when they first got to the square i can`t think of even one story line that was exciting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see yer a corrie fan ! :p:D

Many years ago when the likes of Phyllis was around :blush::blush:
  • Options
    Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think I'd be like this, but I can't get their deaths out of my head!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ownnnn wrote: »
    I didn't think I'd be like this, but I can't get their deaths out of my head!

Does it make you want to murder somebody? Or have sex with Jack Branning?

If so seek help immediately

Thanks
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or have sex with Jack Branning?

I'll ask * Sam Nixon * from * The Bill * about that shall I ? :confused:
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    The Legendary Mitchells sisters were without a doubt one of soaps greatest partnerships that will be remembered in the soap community forever.

I think Sam and Rita portrayed Ronnie and Roxy beautifully, I for one will miss them terribly. Although I did feel that they needed a change in direction I never believed that there was a need to kill off two iconic characters, especially from a family who had not long ago buried its matriarch.

After decades of strong male duos in soaps The Mitchell sisters were simply a breath of fresh air.

So I would like to use this thread for you to share your favourite Ronnie or Roxy moment.

Thanks Sam and Rita, it has been a roller-coaster of a ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZvB-ZpB-zk

Well said and I completely agree, two very different sisters with a complex and at times rather convuluted bond played beautifully by Sam and Rita. I'll miss them very much.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Still having the same argumnent that we have witnessed countless times.
  • Options
    Joe_H11Joe_H11 Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Why has the BBC or iPlayer not given us some sort of special???
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member

Aunt Sal and Peggy. :D
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Aunt Sal and Peggy. :D

Or Edina and Patsy.

I don't think it would be too hard to guess which one would be Pats...
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully we'll get a Ronnie and Roxy special
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really miss them already. They were great.
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was glad they were going and found they had got stale, especially rosy, but when watching old clips to try and pick one to say as my favourite moment, I found they were fantastic when written well. I liked Roxy when she was with Sean and I liked Ronnie around the Danielle story and when Stacey returned to the square before she went to jail.

As for my favourite moment, I lived the fight over Dean when Roxy slapped Ronnie and then Ronnie nearly took her head off when she's hit her back.

I also watched old clips of Stacey and think her reaction wasn't as strong as it should have been. Roxy was once her sister in law and made Sean the happiest she had seen him and Ronnie was bonded to her through Danielle and Archie.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Yes iconic. I wonder what type of idiot would take over the show and kill them off.
  • Options
    Seamus2008Seamus2008 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly can't and never will get over this.

Still need to process it. :(:(:(

Two great characters who have given us lots of memories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seamus2008 wrote: »
    I honestly can't and never will get over this.

Still need to process it. :(:(:(

Two great characters who have given us lots of memories.

Which is why I am no longer watching after their funerals.
    Its probably just my luck.but any character I truly love or get invested in tend to be killed off or axed.
    For starters Pat Cindy and Kathy along with Kim Medcalfs Sam Mitchell are all my fave in EastEnders ever and look at all the travesties which happened there. .
    Its just ridiculous. Its like the BBC get a sadistic kick out of pissing the viewers off.
  • Options
    Seamus2008Seamus2008 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Which is why I am no longer watching after their funerals.
    Its probably just my luck.but any character I truly love or get invested in tend to be killed off or axed.
    For starters Pat Cindy and Kathy along with Kim Medcalfs Sam Mitchell are all my fave in EastEnders ever and look at all the travesties which happened there. .
    Its just ridiculous. Its like the BBC get a sadistic kick out of pissing the viewers off.

Hear, hear!

I'm absolutely livid and can't really decide what to do. I've watched EE for as long as I can remember (and even caught up with the early years) but I'm really pissed off at SOC and his short-sightedness!

Everytime a new executive producer steps in, they try to stamp their mark and a most of them get rid of great characters just for the sake of it. At least some characters get an off-screen exit - although not terrificly great I admit, they are never truly finite as we didn't get to see their corpse so you can always work something out once you put your mind to it. Sadly, R&R's exit was so gruesome and wholly unnecessary, they still had a lot to offer. If SOC was so desperate to get rid of them, he could have rested them and given them a workable exit. I'm sure Sam and Rita are as gutted as we are as fans because of their investment and attachment to the characters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seamus2008 wrote: »
    Hear, hear!

I'm absolutely livid and can't really decide what to do. I've watched EE for as long as I can remember (and even caught up with the early years) but I'm really pissed off at SOC and his short-sightedness!

Everytime a new executive producer steps in, they try to stamp their mark and a most of them get rid of great characters just for the sake of it. At least some characters get an off-screen exit - although not terrificly great I admit, they are never truly finite as we didn't get to see their corpse so you can always work something out once you put your mind to it. Sadly, R&R's exit was so gruesome and wholly unnecessary, they still had a lot to offer. If SOC was so desperate to get rid of them, he could have rested them and given them a workable exit. I'm sure Sam and Rita are as gutted as we are as fans because of their investment and attachment to the characters.

Well Sam and Rita are clearly devastated with Sam even tweeting she's 'broken'.
    I get that producers have visions, Sean O Conor clearly hated the Mitchell sisters, and with his huge ego he decided to kill them off, but why does that mean the BBC have to LET him do it? Are there no powers that be that can see what a ludacrus decision it was? He doesn't have to work with them, he can Axe them and let them come back under a more competant producer.
    With BBC being publicly funded I would have thought they would at least SOMETIMES actually listen to the viewers.
    84% didn't want them killed off on a poll of more than 14.000 voters!. Travesty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS does make me lol. Before the axe fell all posters did was moan about how crap they were, Ronnie was a hideous murderer and Roxy a slapper. Now they are dead apparently they were saints and absolutely wonderful.

Fickle place this is :p