Well, I'm big enough and ugly enough.........

duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
Forum Member
✭✭
................to admit quite freely, that I was wrong.

I expressed doubts on several occasions about how the Games would run and how the GB Team would fair.

I got it completely, 100% wrong on both counts.

Well done to the organisers and especially the athletes of all sports who have impressed with their performances.

Comments

• ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very generous of you to admit it and kudos to you for being prepared to do so. Don't be too hard on yourself, I doubt even Sebastian Coe, in his wildest dreams, imagined it would prove to be as successful as this. I just hope it continues right up to (and including) the closing ceremony.
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ................to admit quite freely, that I was wrong.

I expressed doubts on several occasions about how the Games would run and how the GB Team would fair.

I got it completely, 100% wrong on both counts.

Well done to the organisers and especially the athletes of all sports who have impressed with their performances.

Post of the year for honesty

Loves ya Ducky :)
  • pinkiepie232pinkiepie232 Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    well you were wrong! muhahaha. No i'm kidding. I don't understand why people were so negative in the first place to be honest. I was totally in love with it from the start! It will never happen again in our lifetimes! I'm a romantic I guess - so I don't see the negatives in something like this. The world is full of so much pain and sadness that any chance to bring something positive to the world I approve of! I'm so glad about our Olympics - it will be a special thing for many athletes who competed here till they die. You can't deny that at least.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeus wrote: »
    Very generous of you to admit it and kudos to you for being prepared to do so. Don't be too hard on yourself, I doubt even Sebastian Coe, in his wildest dreams, imagined it would prove to be as successful as this. I just hope it continues right up to (and including) the closing ceremony.

You have the best username ever for this forum. :D Just saying.