Options

Heart Stations

Comments

• Options
    spotify95spotify95 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    Big fail going into ads just now. 10 second silence then auto play kicked in its Black Box, Ride on time!

This is when auto play would have been used. The ads should have played but they didn't, instead another song played.

And this was the "delayed ad break" - the ads didn't play when they should have done.
  • Options
    Joeyboy1975Joeyboy1975 Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Jeez - I have just read through the last 4 pages and thought this was going to be a discussion about Heart and the programming and music they play

How wrong was I? All I have read is "segway" this, and "segue" that.

Some people (one in particular) seems to be a bit obsessed.... :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    spotify95 wrote: »
    This is when auto play would have been used. The ads should have played but they didn't, instead another song played.

And this was the "delayed ad break" - the ads didn't play when they should have done.

Perhaps you misunderstood my questions. I've rephrased them.

Where did you hear the term "delayed ad break"? It's not a phrase I'm aware of.

Could you give me some examples of stations that use the "auto play" system please?
  • Options
    darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But of course there are people like me who enjoy listening to Starship songs - and don't want to hear them cut ridiculously short.

Here you go, it'll cost you £3!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Very-Best-Of-Starship/dp/B000024TZB

And for someone who "is never listening to Heart ever again!" you are certainly posting a lot about them :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cut6 wrote: »
    Perhaps you misunderstood my questions. I've rephrased them.

Where did you hear the term "delayed ad break"? It's not a phrase I'm aware of.

Could you give me some examples of stations that use the "auto play" system please?

Nah you won't have heard delayed ad break before. I just made that up for the incident of failing to play the ads on time.

When that happens Heart certainly do use "autoplay", because Hitmusic said that was what made Black Box play instead of the adverts.

Hope that helps
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wet Wet Wet - Angel Eyes!

A good song...

http://www.mixcloud.com/spotify95/heart-bad-segue-on-wet-wet-wet-angel-eyes/

...and a shockingly bad segue to go with it. Oh dear.
  • Options
    Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear.

Oh dear indeed.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Neil_NortonNeil_Norton Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I heard the station in my local Greggs today - queing for about five mins - still hammering "Get Lucky" :rolleyes:

Thing is, as long as the plebs tune in - the powers that be @ Heart will keep to the same playlist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I heard the station in my local Greggs today - queing for about five mins - still hammering "Get Lucky" :rolleyes:

Thing is, as long as the plebs tune in - the powers that be @ Heart will keep to the same playlist.

What time did that play?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What time did that play?

You mean you didn't record the seguewaywayway? :eek: :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You mean you didn't record the seguewaywayway? :eek: :p

Seguewaywayways! :D

Found it played at 1305 - so guess what I'm doing for the next 5 minutes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seguewaywayways!

Found it played at 1305 - so guess what I'm doing for the next 5 minutes!

Wasting 5 valuable minutes of your life?:yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wasting 5 valuable minutes of your life?:yawn:

Actually it wasn't that productive. The song played in full, yipee! :)

So Nick Snaith usually plays Daft Punk in full, yet Toby Anstis usually cuts it too short. Care to explain?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it wasn't that productive. The song played in full, yipee! :)

So Nick Snaith usually plays Daft Punk in full, yet Toby Anstis usually cuts it too short. Care to explain?

Care to explain why you're still listening to Heart?

Oh, and when do you start Uni? Maybe you'll have something more productive to do then! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh, and when do you start Uni? Maybe you'll have something more productive to do then! ;)

To check the inevitable dodgy segues, that's why!

I started Uni on 30th September - that's why you've seen substantially less rants and segues.
    Having said that I do get Wednesday's off (I have no lessons then) so I decided to check in today. Today I've recorded 3 segues (based on the song) and uploaded them to Mixcloud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I heard he had been banned from the student union for moaning about the resident DJ's mixes!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard he had been banned from the student union for moaning about the resident DJ's mixes!:D

LOL!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Nope. Not been banned from SU. :)

And the people from the university were giving away free mixes on CD during Fresher's week. And I quite liked it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today I've recorded 3 segues (based on the song) and uploaded them to Mixcloud.
    For goodness' sake, why? Please, find something more productive to do with your life.

Although Wednesday may be your free day, I'm sure there's stuff you should be doing in the library or somewhere. Don't cock up your very brief time at uni.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. Not been banned from SU. :)

And the people from the university were giving away free mixes on CD during Fresher's week. And I quite liked it :)

Are you doing media studies at Uni?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Are you doing media studies at Uni?

Nope. I'm doing Electronic Engineering :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. I'm doing Electronic Engineering :)

So nothing to do with Radio and segways?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    So nothing to do with Radio and segways?

Unfortunately not... I still like knowing about them though :)

Interestingly I was only interested in segues when I started hearing heart's, and how (from another thread) other posters commented about some dodgy ones.
    I have always liked radio though :)

But overall I think Electronic Eng. is more suited towards what job I'll probably get at the end of it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately not... I still like knowing about them though :)

Interestingly I was only interested in segues when I started hearing heart's, and how (from another thread) other posters commented about some dodgy ones.
    I have always liked radio though :)

But overall I think Electronic Eng. is more suited towards what job I'll probably get at the end of it :)[/[/

I used to record jingles and radio shows off the radio to tape. Still have them somewhere way back in the 80s ( Real Radio geek)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Stephen Mulhern's Sunday morning ITV show starts on Sunday 27th October at 10:30am. So clashing with his Heart show. Wonder if they'll be an announcement about it this weekend or they'll just pre recorded the radio show.