Rev (BBC2 Comedy Series) - Mondays - 10:00PM

Comments

• vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    I think I'm a bit Eastered out.
    I am a bit after Holy Week but still like Rev.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was only after he'd stopped jumping around and singing I recognised Liam. But this just gets better and better, I'll be sorry to see it end.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm a bit Eastered out.

Yea? I still haven't had my fill of Easter Passion films yet.

Loved the "God" scene tonight :)
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    It's definitely got worse, hasn't it?

What's that, Jeremy? Another joke about the fact that there are Old Etonians in the Cabinet? I'm sure it'll be just as funny as the previous fifty times you've mentioned it. Are you going to do the hilarious 'posh voice' as well? 'Cos that never gets old.

Same old urban Leftie bollox every week.

That's the great thing about the News Quiz - it's funny *and* it pisses off certain types of people.
  • alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey what an ending. There's definitely an episode next week is there? Can't believe they had Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes both in it tonight.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Someone tell Adam it wasn't God. It was Aslan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alsmama wrote: »
    Blimey what an ending. There's definitely an episode next week is there? Can't believe they had Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes both in it tonight.

How did Voldemort get the top job at the Church of England :o:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    Someone tell Adam it wasn't God. It was Aslan.

I thought it was Jesus actually ;) Intersting that Rev went there. I don't think Tom Hollander is religious but he plays it well.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant final episode, it look me a second or two to process Liam Neeson was in Rev!

"Never parachute into an area you just bombed"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Brilliant final episode, it look me a second or two to process Liam Neeson was in Rev!

"Never parachute into an area you just bombed"

Final episode?? What do you mean??!

Phew, just checked bbc website and there's definitely an episode next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final episode?? What do you mean??!

I thought "to be continued" was a giveaway ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops! I thought that was it until the Christmas special! :p
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam Neeson uncredited at the end, obviously didn't take a fee for doing it. Not so Ralph Feinnes.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell well that wasn't much fun. Is next week the end?

And what's happened to Mick?

It was Adam not Mick pitching up on the doorstep tonight. Omg that was heavy, didlnot expect that tonight;
  • P.RamleeP.Ramlee Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only just started watching this show and I have to say it's all rather very good.
    In fact , it's pretty excellent.

How did I miss the first two seasons of this?
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Liam Neeson uncredited at the end, obviously didn't take a fee for doing it. Not so Ralph Feinnes.

Well Ralph's been in it before I
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A matter of opinion of course Series 2 was the weakest of the three.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    A matter of opinion of course Series 2 was the weakest of the three.

I tend to agree. But I loved the Christmas episode.
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    Tremendous!
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so liam neeson was god and really appeared or another hallucination from all the aspirins Adam took
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    This episode showed up the church for the bitchy back-stabbing place it can be.
    Nigel is a 'loathsome nob' just as Adam said, and the grasping Dean with the strident diocesan secretary is all too familiar.

No wonder barely anyone wants to go to these places.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    This episode showed up the church for the bitchy back-stabbing place it can be.
    Nigel is a 'loathsome nob' just as Adam said, and the grasping Dean with the strident diocesan secretary is all too familiar.

No wonder barely anyone wants to go to these places.

Funny thing is, the one bit of Rev I find unconvincing is the tiny congregation and the idea of a dull irrelevant church dying out. Apparently Justin Welby feels the same! So many churches are thriving, especially in London. I think the bitchy backstabbing is more an outsider's perspective than my experience or that of lots of people I know. Other than that I love Rev.
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    That's the great thing about the News Quiz - it's funny *and* it pisses off certain types of people.

But it's not funny.
    P.Ramlee wrote: »
    I've only just started watching this show and I have to say it's all rather very good.
    In fact , it's pretty excellent.

How did I miss the first two seasons of this?

Me too. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    so liam neeson was god and really appeared or another hallucination from all the aspirins Adam took

Why not both?
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    [/B]

Funny thing is, the one bit of Rev I find unconvincing is the tiny congregation and the idea of a dull irrelevant church dying out. Apparently Justin Welby feels the same! So many churches are thriving, especially in London. I think the bitchy backstabbing is more an outsider's perspective than my experience or that of lots of people I know. Other than that I love Rev.

Rev is effective because it is realistic, and the type of back-stabbing, pernicious ambition, and bitchiness portrayed is very much alive and kicking in the church. And that is in no way the view of an outsider looking in.
    Particular types of churches might be doing very well in London, as you describe, but I suspect they are probably in the evangelical/charismatic sector. Many traditional church congregations are dwindling considerably as shown by the statistics. Between 2005-10, 34 Anglican churches opened, 238 closed, making a net loss of 204 churches nationwide.

I went to St James's Piccadilly last year for morning Eucharist, thinking it would be full-to-the-brim as a busy metropolitan and central church.
    It was very poorly attended. Same with St Benet's Paul's Wharf.