Anyone else like reading murder books?

Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As in non fiction books on real life murder cases? I have found myself reading them a lot on kobo lately. Most recent one was about Dennis Nilsen (what an absolute psycho yet he appears so normal when being interviewed)

Anyway I find them fascinating not sure why even though they regularly give me nightmares.

Comments

• Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did you know there is a book forum? http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=153
  • 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't get enough of 'em, muwhahahaha...
  • nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, you are Katie Price and I'm claiming my prize!
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did you know there is a book forum? http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=153

Oh!!!
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love true crime books. I think I've read about nearly every high profile serial killer. I find human psychology fascinating, especially when it goes wrong. Ann Rule is one of my favorites.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i`m another fan of true crime books, i have a particular interest in serial killers and what makes them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a few books on serial killers and figures from the mafia. Very interesting people to read about.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like books on the psychology of serial killers.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope those who like reading about serial killers bear in mind that these are only the ones who've been caught. The psychology, methods, etc. of those who haven't been caught may be entirely different.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i`m another fan of true crime books, i have a particular interest in serial killers and what makes them.
    the crappy free gifts in the packets set them off
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes very interesting. Check out Brian Masters books.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    I love true crime books. I think I've read about nearly every high profile serial killer. I find human psychology fascinating, especially when it goes wrong. Ann Rule is one of my favorites.

Ann Rules last 4 or 5 books are terrible. She cannot hold a candle to M William Phelps or Jack Olsen, just my opinion
  • euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same here - big fan of Ann Rule although I also read a lot o books about Fred West and Harold Shipman. I did read a book about my dentist who had murdered his wife and while interesting, that one was a little too close to the bone for me.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That no one posts in. :confused:

It's a book forum for a particular genre. And there is very little discussion. Just lists of books. Books music and the arts should have a wee corner on GD in my HONEST opinion. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read a book about Levi Bellfield aka the guy who famously killed Milly Dowler.

I just thank god this particular guy is behind bars for life.

I think I am going to try a book on Fred and Rose West next they have always fascinated me (I don't know why but they have)

Yes I sometimes think I am weird to want to read these kind of books. I am glad others do too ha
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I love ann rule. the stranger beside me is the definitive true crime book imo. Small sacrifices is also excellent if totally disturbing.
  • PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love reading James Lee Burke.
  • Nat28Nat28 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to get true detective magazines at my local shop. But its closed down now :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petingo wrote: »
    I love reading James Lee Burke.

Fiction murder stuff doesn't interest me whatsoever tbh

Its gotta be based on real life murderers for me.
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always liked true crime, especially British.
    Also and related, there is a good book by the late pathologist Keith Simpson that is fascinating.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed reading crime books, until once, at a weekend rental in Wales, I found a book that detailed the story of a school colleague. She's currently serving 90 years in the USA, and is due for parole at the age of 68.
    Freaked the heck out of me, and needless to say, the weekend was a write off.