Options

Linda Carter reminds me of Angie Watts a bit.

OLD BAGOLD BAG Posts: 76
Forum Member
title says it all.. anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Yes she does.
    I like Linda and the rest of the Carter family. They have been great newcomers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    valtimmy wrote: »
    Yes she does.
    I like Linda and the rest of the Carter family. They have been great newcomers.

I agree love them all apart from LEE.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    To me she seems like an mash-up of all the best landladies. Angie, Sharon and Peggy. I see a bit of Chrissie's sass in there aswell
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've said this from her very first appearance. Her mannerisms and voice are VERY Angie Watts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    I've said this from her very first appearance. Her mannerisms and voice are VERY Angie Watts.

And she likes Gin lol
  • Options
    Siobhan_KellySiobhan_Kelly Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I like linda, Kelly Bright gets a lot of stick but I think shes a great addition
  • Options
    james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda is my favourite new character for years.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda is pretty much the best thing on the show just now. I love her.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Yes, I said this ages ago when the Carters were first introduced. She seems to be settling in better now as I didn't like her acting at first; I still feel her facial grimaces are a bit OTT sometimes!!
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind her Kellie Brights seriously haggard face does put me of though.

She is 38 yet looks late fifties and more like Micks mother.

Sorry but HD does not do her any favours either.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »

I think you need to go to Specsavers!

Not only is Kellie an excellent actress and Linda is a potential legend - but also Kellie is a very beautiful woman - not that an actors looks should have anything to do with it.

There are plenty of fake blonde, botox barbie dolls in this world - but I would rather not have them in Eastenders
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's great her and Mick are the best by a mile out of the newbies.

And I agree with above Linda is a sexy lady, yup get to to your local opticians.
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And I'm sure you're a beauty yourself?

She's an actress, not a model. Id rather have a beautiful natural face on my screen than a Botox and collagen injected 38 year old.

Such a vain and rude comment. I'll also bet that you wouldn't say the same thing about a male member of the cast.
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a horrible thing to say.
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh PS, I think Kellie is a beautiful woman.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's brilliant but just gets shit storylines, like most other cast members ATM... Great cast, rubbish plots! But yes, she is very much Angie watts!;)
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's just the right side of camp to be believable and funny.

She needs to share tips with Letitia Dean who's been falling onto the wrong side of camp the last couple of years.
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG as far as acting is concerned, she couldn't lick Angies boots:o:o:o>:(
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you need to go to Specsavers!

Not only is Kellie an excellent actress and Linda is a potential legend - but also Kellie is a very beautiful woman - not that an actors looks should have anything to do with it.

There are plenty of fake blonde, botox barbie dolls in this world - but I would rather not have them in Eastenders

I never said she wasn't beautiful she just has aged very badly and I personally think anybody who doesn't think this is either deluded as you say needs to go to Specsavers.
    And I'm sure you're a beauty yourself?

She's an actress, not a model. Id rather have a beautiful natural face on my screen than a Botox and collagen injected 38 year old.

Such a vain and rude comment. I'll also bet that you wouldn't say the same thing about a male member of the cast.

I am not an actor who graces a TV screen or movie screen asking to have people judge me on my appearance so don't even go there.

Rude? hardly I said "Sorry" within my original post so as to (hopefully) not cause offence but I was just giving my honest opinion on how she looks and that is that she looks significantly older than 38.

And yes I would say it about a male member of the cast if I thought the same what right do you have to say I wouldn't?
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    What a horrible thing to say.

Why? I just said she looks significantly older than she is I didn't call her ugly or insult her in any horrible way I just stated an honest opinion. Jeez

For the record I have been a fan of Kellie's since her days of T Bag & The Upper Hand I also loved her as Delboy and Rodneys mother Joan in the Only Fools prequel. But I do think she has aged terribly and that is that I wish she hadn't but she has.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean OP, the similarities between the two are quite uncanny.

I accept the fact they look nothing alike, act nothing alike, their family situation is nothing alike, their domestic set-up is nothing alike, their personal habits are nothing alike, their common traits are nothing alike, their lingo is nothing alike, their backstory is nothing alike, their dress sense is nothing alike, but they were both landladies of The Vic and both have a dog, so in that respect, they're exactly alike.

:)
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angie Watts the consummate landlady
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KaylaL wrote: »
    OMG as far as acting is concerned, she couldn't lick Angies boots:o:o:o>:(

Angie Watts was an iconic character but let's face it, Anita Dobson couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Angie Watts was an iconic character but let's face it, Anita Dobson couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

I disagree I thought Anita gave powerhouse performances
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    I disagree I thought Anita gave powerhouse performances

I suppose powerhouse is one word for it. Too theatrical, maybe that's where Letitia Dean gets it from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I suppose powerhouse is one word for it. Too theatrical, maybe that's where Letitia Dean gets it from.

Joe_Zel you teaser you!!!