Tooth chipped...again

Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
Forum Member
✭✭
I previously posted a thread on the night of my birthday that I had chipped my two front teeth (1/3 of one, and just a small chip to the bottom of the other) I was curious to how it was fixed. Anyway I got it sorted, I don't really know how to describe it, but it was pretty much straight forward, no injections or numbness, it was as though he filled the chips in with white filling or some sort of material I guess. It only took about 15 mins so I was surprised he had it all done so quickly.

Well I noticed a few days later the small chipped tooth had began to chip again, It didn't bother me because it was hardly noticeable. But now the other tooth has chipped again, pretty much the replacement filling he put in has just fell out and now I look exactly the same when I came back from my birthday:( I guess what advice I'm looking for is will the dentist just re-do what he did the first time or will he does something else? or anything I should ask him about that may prevent this happening again. I don't want falsies at 20:eek:

Comments

• AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These types of fillings on the edge of the front teeth are notorious for falling out or chipping off again because you always use this part of the front teeth when biting into things.
    You should go back to the dentist and see what they can do. They may just redo the fillings again, but they'll possibly try and shape the chipped area a bit better first in order for the white filling material to bond onto the teeth better.
    Or they may discuss other, more permanent, options with you like veneers (sits over the front of the tooth, like a false nail on the finger) or crowns (sits over the whole tooth, like a thimble on the end of the finger). However, these will be much more expensive and will involve taking away much more of your natural tooth (especially for a crown) so there are risks to consider. However, this may be the best choice if the fillings keep falling out.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I have a feeling they might try and crown it this time. I'll have to wait til monday to make the appointment now because they close on saturday grrr!