✭✭✭
    it was dire .

it was like a bad 70's ITV sit-com .
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    To my surprise, I found this first episode mildly amusing. There was nothing laugh-out-loud funny but it had its moments.

I agree. Considering the disappointment over the last year in Beeb 'comedies', I thought this was decent enough. It's not 'Episodes' or 'Grandma's House' and never will be, but I'll watch again next week.

:)
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,229
    Forum Member
    Thing is, Tyger told his followers on Twitter to watch it on Tuesday (majority of which must be young), I wonder how shocked they would have been to see him swearing :D
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was pretty good, thought it was funny. Greg Davies was the pull for me to watch it and obviously carries the programme in my view.
    Yes, Cuckoo himself was annoying but I took it as that's how he's supposed to be to carry the storyline. What I found more annoying - and reading through the previous posts, I think I'm alone in this! - was the faux-swearing from the so-called typical arrogant teenager. I'm no prude but the character just didn't make me think he's an arrogant teenager but someone trying to play an arrogant teenager. Hopefully it will get better as the programme goes along.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,229
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    It was pretty good, thought it was funny. Greg Davies was the pull for me to watch it and obviously carries the programme in my view.
    Yes, Cuckoo himself was annoying but I took it as that's how he's supposed to be to carry the storyline. What I found more annoying - and reading through the previous posts, I think I'm alone in this! - was the faux-swearing from the so-called typical arrogant teenager. I'm no prude but the character just didn't make me think he's an arrogant teenager but someone trying to play an arrogant teenager. Hopefully it will get better as the programme goes along.

Tyger Drew-Honey, he presents a CBBC show so I'm not surprised if he isn't that arrogant teenager in real life, he doesn't come across as one on that CBBC show, so technically he is trying to play one.
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Tyger Drew-Honey, he presents a CBBC show so I'm not surprised if he isn't that arrogant teenager in real life, he doesn't come across as one on that CBBC show, so technically he is trying to play one.
    I didn't think he was an arrogant teenager in real life; a good actor does not need to be an arrogant teenager to play an arrogant teenager, they should be able to convince their audience they are. I meant that as it was not coming across to me like that, he wasn't using his good actor skills in my view. :)
  • Options
    LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it. Thought it was brilliant.
    Greg Davies was fabulous! As always, mind.
    Tyger really did look quite worryingly ill. Was quite shocked when I saw him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would make that revolting couple go and live in the van, I certainly wouldn't let them dictate to me
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great episode, this is the best new BBC 3 sitcom in a while. Greg Davies and whoever plays Cuckoo are both great, saw a bit more of Racheal in todays episode which was nice, but she still needs a new angle, she should have a bigger role, certainly bigger than her little brother seems to have.

Connie and James seemed like an odd couple, but the reason for his shortness was explained with him throwing the chicken at Ken.

Talking of odd couple, the show is classic odd couple, n Ken and Cuckoo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    Another great episode, this is the best new BBC 3 sitcom in a while. Greg Davies and whoever plays Cuckoo are both great, saw a bit more of Racheal in todays episode which was nice, but she still needs a new angle, she should have a bigger role, certainly bigger than her little brother seems to have.

Connie and James seemed like an odd couple, but the reason for his shortness was explained with him throwing the chicken at Ken.

Andy Samberg, from The Lonely Island and Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs.
    tangsman wrote: »
    Thought it was crap.
    Yet another unfunny supposed comedy.
    BBC3 really needs scrapping.

Nothing on BBC Two, Four, CBBC or Cbeebies interests me, scrap them all!

Shit wait, people only say that about BBC Three, because screwing children and old people over is despicable but teenagers and young adults are fine....
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one laugh I had was at the end, where the voice over reads out some Tweets.

Viewers old enough to watch Friends, and put it in their past. That is really hitting the BBC 3 target demo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The second episode was a lot better.

Tyger Drew-Honey shirtless though :o I know he's only 16 but I just can't help it. :p I am only 20 though so it's not that bad. :D
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, I didn't find this second episode funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hate the Cuckoo character, he is such a nob end it is unreal! I want to throttle him and everyone that agrees.

I like the series though, the teenager guy is really funny. Whoever plays him is doing a pretty good job so far.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greg Davies remids me of Rik Mayall so much :D
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    HandsClean wrote: »
    The second episode was a lot better.

Tyger Drew-Honey shirtless though :o I know he's only 16 but I just can't help it. :p I am only 20 though so it's not that bad. :D

Agreed - and agreed about Tyger, I'm 22 :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greg Davies remids me of Rik Mayall so much :D

He does, doesn't he
  • Options
    bearbum72bearbum72 Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    man alive! & when u think of all of the great shows they cancled, mongrels ect...& they chuck money @ this shite & 12k an ep so ****in weird hetty's can get hitched. beggars beleife
  • Options
    Pollymath1Pollymath1 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    I didn't think the second episode was as entertaining as the first, but its definately one of the best comedies I've seen in the past couple of years :-)
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I just caught up with the first two episodes and really enjoyed them. Yes, the character of Cuckoo is really annoying but that's point isn't it? Just goes to show how great the actor is.

The only concern is that the stories become too farcical, but they haven't yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it was dire .

it was like a bad 70's ITV sit-com .

I find it weird how many people come up with that line. The Mirror TV critic Kevin ? who pops up all over the place comes out with stuff like that. On the Richard Bacon show I was glad someone wrote in and said: that bloke hasn't got a clue. :D

He hasn't.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    The only concern is that the stories become too farcical, but they haven't yet.
    I've found the episodes funny so far, not roll on the floor funny but they have certainly raised regualr smiles and occassional laughs.

However my wife did express the opinion that she didn't think it had legs, that the story can only be taken so far, and I would agree.

Similar to you I'd say it either has to end after a series or two or it will become more outlandish and more unbelieveable.

Then again one or two series is generally the plan for British sitcoms. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Legacy o9 wrote: »
    I really hate the Cuckoo character, he is such a nob end it is unreal! I want to throttle him and everyone that agrees.

I like the series though, the teenager guy is really funny. Whoever plays him is doing a pretty good job so far.

Most of the best comedy characters aren't as likable as him.

Rigsby, Basil Fawlty, Alan Partridge, Arnold Judas Rimmer, etc.

And Cuckoo may have his faults but at least he is trying to save the world from war, poverty and other not very nice things.

How many people can claim that? (apart from other hippies of course)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    admit I gave it a go just because of Greg Davis was in it and I love it the teenage son is just as funny bound to get another series
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pollymath1 wrote: »
    I find it weird how many people come up with that line. The Mirror TV critic Kevin ? who pops up all over the place comes out with stuff like that. On the Richard Bacon show I was glad someone wrote in and said: that bloke hasn't got a clue. :D

He hasn't.

glad people agree with me :D