Options

Louis Smith Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    And to think people thought he wouldn't be good at the Rumba! Tut tut.

He only went and got the first 10 for a male celebrity ever. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Hey all ! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Gavin! :)
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Gavin! Is your wife as big an admirer as you are? Do you watch Louis's dances on YouTube?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello Gavin! Is your wife as big an admirer as you are? Do you watch Louis's dances on YouTube?

We have watched a few back, I've always been a fan of dance and sport and I've done ballroom when I was younger, Brooke loves him. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, of course, he WAS expressing himself but way too subtly for the "judges" to see. Just think of Kim's pout held so stupidly all the time! (I have to put the word Judges in quotes as they never really judged Louis's footwork.)

BiB - not really surprised. If you look at the judges during the dance, for half the time they're looking down, making notes and not even watching! Bruno is the only one totally focused on the dance, even getting up from his seat to see the footwork better. Always liked Bruno the best :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have watched a few back, I've always been a fan of dance and sport and I've done ballroom when I was younger, Brooke loves him. :)

Did you do all the different ballroom dances? I like the look of the tango best, but it seems a bit frenetic for me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, apart from the stupid innuendoes which cheapen the programme and potentially embarrass the contestants. I didn't like him leering at Louis's body in the Final. (That's our province!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought Bruno was the most unbiased of the judges. And even when he was criticising Louis (i.e. toeing the party line:mad:) it didn't seem as harsh as the others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis took all Bruno's remarks in good humour though and always said he was his favourite judge.(Although that's probably because he knew Bruno marked him fairly and consistently). Did you hear him during the results for the Showdance when he was hoping for a 40, and it came to Bruno's mark and he said something like "It had better be! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'm off to bed folks :yawn:

Got to get up early to take daughter to the stables and it might be a frosty morning :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    colliefan wrote: »
    Did you do all the different ballroom dances? I like the look of the tango best, but it seems a bit frenetic for me!

I did the foxtrot,waltz,salsa and Cha cha :) and Brooke was my dance partner :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Wow, that's really impressive, Gavin. Now I'm even happier that you think Louis was the best dancer! #voiceofexperience :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Bruno was best over-all and I know that all the 'judges' have to play to character. Just think, though, if they had all acknowledged Louis's accomplishments each week and marked him fairly he would always have been at or near the top of that leaderboard and romped through each week to the final. The Beeb couldn't have had that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What really makes me mad is that the judges, by giving him OTT criticism without any praise for the good stuff, made some of the public think that he wasn't a good dancer! So unfair.:(:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

(Hooray - I've discovered how to quote!) :o

And you both waltzed off together?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Congrats, Korky! I only just figured out how to multi-quote the other day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What really makes me mad is that the judges, by giving him OTT criticism without any praise for the good stuff, made some of the public think that he wasn't a good dancer! So unfair.:(:mad:

Yes, but that apparently was the plot - he was too good and had to be deliberately marked down to level things out with the also-rans. :mad: The criticism would have broken the spirit of a lesser man!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Korky! I only just figured out how to multi-quote the other day!

Oh, multi-quoting will take me another month!!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surely they should have realised that this unfairness would just make people vote for him even more. They gave him the cliched 'j*****y' that the GBP love to see!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely they should have realised that this unfairness would just make people vote for him even more. They gave him the cliched 'j*****y' that the GBP love to see!

I've often wondered whether Flavia ever told Louis about the reasons for the under-marking and undeserved criticism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    (Hooray - I've discovered how to quote!) :o

And you both waltzed off together?

We sure did 12 years :) you no its unbelievable what dance does to you when your with someone your soul's connect, that's one of the reasons Louis and Flavia won :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know... His poor little face every time they went after him, implies that he hadn't a clue. I'm pretty sure Flavia was well aware though! She was like mama bear protecting her cub!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We sure did 12 years :) you no its unbelievable what dance does to you when your with someone your soul's connect, that's one of the reasons Louis and Flavia won :)

Ahhh! That's really lovely and romantic. :) Yes, L and F did grow remarkably close and mutually cuddly, and he's not a cuddler in public!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know... His poor little face every time they went after him, implies that he hadn't a clue. I'm pretty sure Flavia was well aware though! She was like mama bear protecting her cub!

Do you think so? I would have liked her to stick up for Louis once or twice (I know she did very quietly after the Paso Doble but it was lost on many). I don't mean in a James Jordan or Brendan Cole way, just maybe politely pointing certain good points out so that the judges would have had to answer her.
This discussion has been closed.