Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    OMG The Phones4U advert with the 'Upgrading girlfriend' thing, has got to be so sexist.

Some one should sue them.

Oh no!

Just like all those women were sued in the Diet Coke adverts of the 90's, leering at the man fixing the elevator?

Or the old women in the Bertolli ad kicking the dog to get it to steel a man's towel from around his waist, so they can leer at him?

Or the women on the Loose Women panel rubbishing men every single day?

...sexism, huh? It's such a one way street, isn't it?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Magnet Kitchen advert

Not so much the advert itself but the god-damn awful out of tune singing!!!!!!!

Geez, if you are going to use singing in your advert - use a woman that can actually sing in tune - someone wailing "your beautiful, inside and out, your beautiful........" Really doesn't inspire me to run out and buy a magnet kitchen - it inspires me to reach for the mute button!!
  • Options
    BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    two capfuls of Vanish crystals to clean one cheap pair of white socks??....just throw the effers in the bin.

She's posh as owt too, 'oh yes, laaarvely and white' :rolleyes:

It's the new mum that scrubs away at the 'blueberries for breakfast' bib that get's me. Got to be a new mum because anyone with more than one kid wouldn't give a damn about her stained bibs and sit down with a bottle of wine.
  • Options
    smokencheesesmokencheese Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KFC.."that's nacho burger" with the cretinous friends creasing up at nothing.. ..and the obligatory black friend. Because every group has one:rolleyes:
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that a burger with nachos on it?
  • Options
    smokencheesesmokencheese Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that a burger with nachos on it?

Yeh I think so..looks disgusting
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeh I think so..looks disgusting

Sounds it!

Himself got a thin and crispy pizza base with garlic butter and nachos on it today from asda, said it was okay, but the nachos went a bit rubbery.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    My God! James Nesbitt needs to go away now I never could stand his "I'm a nice lovely Irish guy" guise he is so annoying on every advert he is doing the only saving grace is he seems to have replaced annoying Craig Kelly.

What is it with advert makers using the same people for different ads.
    Just had to suffer him twice in a row. The Thomas Cook ad then a voice over for car insurance!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    That irritating trivago advert

is there a pool ?

yea, there is

very annoying
  • Options
    mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonga.

Yes, it is very clever and a good ad but it is shown so often on Sky News that it becomes as annoying as Kay Burley, both of whom make me change channels.

Thankfully I have no need for Wonga's services. Knowing how costly a loan is from Wonga, I feel very sorry for those who are forced to borrow from them at what can only be described as rip-off interest rates.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Those Sexist Thomas Cook adverts. If it was reversed there would be uproar!
  • Options
    thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh! The old Lurpak one is back! Chop chop chop chop chopping. Dice dice dice dice dicing.... Shut up, or I'll chop chop chop chop and dice dice dice dice you!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no!

Just like all those women were sued in the Diet Coke adverts of the 90's, leering at the man fixing the elevator?

Or the old women in the Bertolli ad kicking the dog to get it to steel a man's towel from around his waist, so they can leer at him?

Or the women on the Loose Women panel rubbishing men every single day?

...sexism, huh? It's such a one way street, isn't it?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just goes to show women complain more than men.
  • Options
    BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    That irritating trivago advert

is there a pool ?

yea, there is

very annoying

Definitely! If the advert was realistic, it would have the woman saying "Ey hang on let me check that on tripadvisor!'
  • Options
    ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    The Magnet Kitchen advert

Not so much the advert itself but the god-damn awful out of tune singing!!!!!!!

Geez, if you are going to use singing in your advert - use a woman that can actually sing in tune - someone wailing "your beautiful, inside and out, your beautiful........" Really doesn't inspire me to run out and buy a magnet kitchen - it inspires me to reach for the mute button!!

There is another ad with a guy singing out of tune, I can't remember what the ad is for but it drives me crazy.
  • Options
    thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valerian wrote: »
    There is another ad with a guy singing out of tune, I can't remember what the ad is for but it drives me crazy.

I hate people singing out of tune. It makes me angry :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That car one with the chavvy rap about "chip shop forks".

Shut up and die!
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The car advert with the screaming baby in the back and the awful yodelling is getting on my wick! Little wonder the baby's making such a noise.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angela F wrote: »
    The car advert with the screaming baby in the back and the awful yodelling is getting on my wick! Little wonder the baby's making such a noise.

Same here

I know it's an advert showing the start stop technology BUT if they are driving to get the kids to sleep why don't they drive somewhere where there isn't traffic lights...idiots
  • Options
    tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ad for persil with the little girl dressed all in white walking in slow motion towards the camera in slow motion while having red sauce thrown at her is awful , it reminds me of a ghost of a murderd child . Its really spooky and creepy.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Same here

I know it's an advert showing the start stop technology BUT if they are driving to get the kids to sleep why don't they drive somewhere where there isn't traffic lights...idiots

Or switch the stop start technology off, yes, it's that easy!!
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brand Power- I've never heard of Nestle cereals. Do you eat them out of the packet, like crisps ?
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is it with all these men crying about sexism, then having the gall to say WE complain more? The adverts are just turning the tables on what men have been doing to women since forever, and men get one tiny taste of their own medicine and get their little knickers in a twist :rolleyes:

By the way, those adverts are actually not realistic, which is why no one cares. Women don't fawn over men in the same way that men do to women. Females just aren't visually orientated like that. Plus, women never asked for those stupid adverts to be made.
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KFC.."that's nacho burger" with the cretinous friends creasing up at nothing.. ..and the obligatory black friend. Because every group has one:rolleyes:

:D:D:D Hilarious!

It's very confusing how advertisers make an enormous effort to shoehorn blacks into every advert to the point where they are rather over-represented, yet practically ignore Pakistanis who are a large (maybe larger?) minority in this country.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Galaxy -Sophisicated Silliness is back - the one with male strippers AGAIN (4music 9.45pm) -- seriously company must be in PROFIT is it time to move on get CREATIVE than use dated ads??
This discussion has been closed.