Options

Daily rants

Comments

• Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If her threads on here are anything to go by, it will have had a hamster on the front and inside would have been 2 pages of moaning. At no stage would the cousin's wedding be mentioned, nor indeed the cousin.

Then a follow up thread would be started proclaiming 'woe is me' followed by 30 pages of her ignoring any useful advice proffered by the good members of DS.

I know this is a joke but this is so true. I truely cannot fathom it. The reason she hasnt replied to my query is because she no doubt thinks she is entitled to not give a card and best wishes because she wasnt invited.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    purplecatz wrote: »
    I'm a paraplegic due to a form of Spina Bifida, I have limited movement from the waist down, but I do have some feeling in my lower limbs. Yoga would be impossible though

I have a lot of scar tissue surrounding my spinal cord, and this is what caused the pain. Surgery is not an option, because of the high possibility of causing further damage - so I just have to grin and bear the pain, it will probably stop as suddenly as it started.

The pain is at it's worst first thing in the morning, it woke me at 6am today:o, at the moment it is bearable, but it's been really bad most of the day. Thank goodness for the iPad, I can read DS in the early hours when pain is just at its severest, without waking the OH.

I can't even have a drink to numb the pain as I'm on antibiotics for a bladder infection - my late Mum used to say that if I was a horse, I'd been put down long ago.

Oh well, I have about a month to get things under control. My sister is coming back to the UK for a holiday, she lives in Australia, her, bro -in-law, other sis and my Dad are having a couple of days in London. Amongst other things, they are visiting HMS Belfast, and I will be joining them that day. Dad was serving on HMS Belfast when I was small so it will be a nice thing to do as a family. also my Dad bought me a wonderful new power chair earlier this year, he's not seen it yet, as I don't live near him, and I just want to show it off, he hasn't been to London for about 20 years, and doesn't believe me when I say that many London buses are now wheelchair accessible. I just want to be able to do this day as pain free as possible, it's not much to ask, is it really

I hope you are able to see your family and enjoy your day catz
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    No purplecatz, it shouldn't be too much to ask - let's hope you can get a pain clinic referral before then so you can enjoy their visit! :)

There are so many people posting on DS who have massive health issues and face daily hurdles to live their lives and very few of them complain about their 'lot' unless someone asks or a topic comes up specifically that they are experts in.

Makes me even more mad that certain posters don't seem to want to make the most of their lives, won't do anything positive to help their situation and then moan about how crap they feel... >:(

Sorry, rant over....

Just been reading chatter forum it gets better every day I away enjoy your night all
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    housegirl wrote: »
    Just been reading chatter forum it gets better every day I away enjoy your night all

And you housegirl!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh ffs! Is this really happening again?

purplecatz, you have my most massive sympathy. What was the tramadol reacting with? I have slow release tramadol and just wondering if that could work for you? Anti-inflammatory meds can help the sciatica, but god it's horrible. I had my last bout a month ago or so, there's nothing you can do for comfort is there? Just rest and keep your mind busy. x

Amitriptyline is the boss of all meds :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So it would seem like the lumps I get on my hands/arms are appearing on my inner lip, not as frequent thank god!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    Oh ffs! Is this really happening again?

purplecatz, you have my most massive sympathy. What was the tramadol reacting with? I have slow release tramadol and just wondering if that could work for you? Anti-inflammatory meds can help the sciatica, but god it's horrible. I had my last bout a month ago or so, there's nothing you can do for comfort is there? Just rest and keep your mind busy. x

Amitriptyline is the boss of all meds :)

I think I was taking Fluoxetine at the time, it must have been that. Hopefully I will get my TENS machine going today, that the pads I ordered on Friday (so-called express delivery) will arrive. Pain is bearable at the moment, I've just booked a telephone consultation with my GP, she will ring this afternoon. Hope your hubby is well today house girl
    So it would seem like the lumps I get on my hands/arms are appearing on my inner lip, not as frequent thank god!

What are your lumps Ebony?
  • Options
    Forum Member

No idea but they look like this

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz164/snowted/imagejpg1_zpsbe1ad74d.jpg
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Go to the Doctor? They look very like an allergic reaction to something.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Are they itchy?
    They look like some sort of bite or sting or maybe some sort of allergy...
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

might be an Allergic reaction to something , you should go and see you GP
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are they itchy?
    They look like some sort of bite or sting or maybe some sort of allergy...

Itchy and hot

They just pop up randomly so no idea what I could be allergic to
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Itchy and hot

They just pop up randomly so no idea what I could be allergic to

I would see the GP anyway, but try taking something like Piriton to see if it settles down. Do you get them anywhere else or mainly just arms/hands?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would see the GP anyway, but try taking something like Piriton to see if it settles down. Do you get them anywhere else or mainly just arms/hands?

Mainly hands

Also had them on my chin
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mainly hands

Also had them on my chin

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/acute-urticaria-hives

Your Doctor would know best of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    http://www.patient.co.uk/health/acute-urticaria-hives

Your Doctor would know best of course.

Thanks for the link

Interesting, usually last anywhere from 20 mins to a hour with me

Bumps like the second pic in that link pop up if the hamsters walk on me

The lumps like the pic I posted happen any time

Thanks again for the link
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh no, it may be a hamster allergy!!!! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh no, it may be a hamster allergy!!!! :(

The bumps in the pic in the link Anne posted probably are

I don't think the others are though, I think they are a heat thing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I was taking Fluoxetine at the time, it must have been that. Hopefully I will get my TENS machine going today, that the pads I ordered on Friday (so-called express delivery) will arrive. Pain is bearable at the moment, I've just booked a telephone consultation with my GP, she will ring this afternoon. Hope your hubby is well today house girl

Hmmm, no idea. I know I've taken all sorts of opiate pain relief alongside citalopram. Always worth asking for more pain relief though, there's never nothing available. Naproxen is one I also take twice daily and it's a good anti-inflammatory pain killer. Your doc will know but you have to ask and sometimes get really on, they really don't like prescribing the strong stuff.

Tens machines are great, I don't use mine enough. You can get the sticky pads from a chemist rather than wait for online delivery. How's the sciatica now?
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I get this come up and down. I arrived home this evening all in one piece. I cleaned out the bin, dumped some rubbish, hoovered, went upstairs got changed, came back downstairs and that rash in the picture with the little lumps is now on my ankle.

It will be gone by tomorrow for me. Dont know about you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tiacat wrote: »
    I get this come up and down. I arrived home this evening all in one piece. I cleaned out the bin, dumped some rubbish, hoovered, went upstairs got changed, came back downstairs and that rash in the picture with the little lumps is now on my ankle.

It will be gone by tomorrow for me. Dont know about you.

They don't last long with me
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ex used to get lumps on the inside of there legs, I sometimes do too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like heat rash. Most likely an allergy.

Fairy, we need to know what was between you and the boyfriend's legs to cause an allergy :p
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fairy, we need to know what was between you and the boyfriend's legs to cause an allergy :p

It wasn't a boy.

I was in a odd part of my life, my parents had just split up. It easier to convince myself a realtionship with a girl would work, then hang around my mothers depression.

I spent a year and half trying, and failing, to get an erection for a big fat animal loving goth.

Ebony really reminds me of that goth.....
  • Options
    Forum Member

It does seem to be triggered by heat tbf