Sportscene on BBC 1 Scotland

2»

Comments

• stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read this article about How is Glasgow Rangers’ Relegation Affecting Scottish Football?

http://gambettafootball.com/2012/10/15/how-is-glasgow-rangers-relegation-affecting-scottish-football/

I might be wrong about ticket prices but the majority of top flight clubs have suffered from drop in attendance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Do viewers in Scotland really want to watch highlights of Newport County v Wycombe Wanderers on a Sunday morning on BBC 2 ? Wouldn't a repeat of the Beechgrove Garden be more appealing ?

Some do but not many. I have a friend who does and he now supports Yeovil Town
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Some do but not many. I have a friend who does and he now supports Yeovil Town

We never seem to get complaints about lack of coverage of Northern Ireland football although BBC1 NI does an opt from Final Score and shows a few clips.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    We never seem to get complaints about lack of coverage of Northern Ireland football although BBC1 does an opt from Final Score and shows a few clips.

I dont think there is much demand for it in the rest of the uk. But it seems that bbc ni has a online show called Irish League Show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    I understand your point it is no where near as good as Spain and Italy

Why do you think that?
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Not the same thing at all.
    The club ceased to exist and a new company was formed and it was allowed entry into the league.

A new company doesn't necessarily mean a new football club.
    Forum Member
    English top flight football is the most overhyped load of mince you can see.

Take out the obscenely overpaid foreigners and it would be even more ordinary.

What has the amount of foreign players got to with anything ? Surely they make the league better ?
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read this article about How is Glasgow Rangers’ Relegation Affecting Scottish Football?

http://gambettafootball.com/2012/10/15/how-is-glasgow-rangers-relegation-affecting-scottish-football/

I might be wrong about ticket prices but the majority of top flight clubs have suffered from drop in attendance

Incorrect.

Oh and Rangers were NOT relegated!!!!!'
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack1 wrote: »
    A new company doesn't necessarily mean a new football club.

That argument could go on and on so I'm not going there.

My point was to stv viewer that they were not relegated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That argument could go on and on so I'm not going there.

My point was to stv viewer that they were not relegated.

OK I accept that Rangers were relegated. Lets finish this discussion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO bbc shouldnt show Scottish Football on BBC Alba. I would understand if the majority of the supporters spoke Gaelic but last weeks cup game Rangers v Hibs, the majority of the supporters speak English not gaelic. If this had been shown on Sportscene on BBC 1 or 2 Scotland it would probably have pulled in more viewing figures.But it might not have as the debate was on at the same time.

Also I feel the sports coverage is giving bbc Alba inaccurate viewing figures most people only watch it for the sport and mute the volume. Thus losing the aim of the channel to increase the gaelic speaking population
    Forum Member
    IMO bbc shouldnt show Scottish Football on BBC Alba. I would understand if the majority of the supporters spoke Gaelic but last weeks cup game Rangers v Hibs, the majority of the supporters speak English not gaelic. If this had been shown on Sportscene on BBC 1 or 2 Scotland it would probably have pulled in more viewing figures.But it might not have as the debate was on at the same time.

Also I feel the sports coverage is giving bbc Alba inaccurate viewing figures most people only watch it for the sport and mute the volume. Thus losing the aim of the channel to increase the gaelic speaking population

Completely agree with you, I wonder how people can still justify spending LF/Taxpayers money on those channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack1 wrote: »
    Completely agree with you, I wonder how people can still justify spending LF/Taxpayers money on those channels.

Can I just point out that I dont want the gaelic language to disappear but this channel isnt working
  • singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed, probably the same for S4C for Wales. These channels seem to be showing alot of sport. Not that I am complaining but you do wonder?
  • aberboyaberboy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sports rights in 'minority' languages are cheap. S4C paid very little in the past for Rugby World Cup rights in Welsh; as they did for the Tour de France this year.

Other rights are for things that people in Wales are interested in; and if they can: S4C do an English language commentary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hopefully they can do the same with the footy