Chris on Couch Potatoes tomorrow (Thursday)

richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
REMINDER: Special Guest @chrisrwright on Couch Potato Radio! SPECIAL TIME: 8pm BST TOMORROW. Skype/Chat http://bbcouchpotatoes.blogspot.com/ #BBUK #CBB

Comments

• SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell him to stop staring at Ashleigh. See how he likes it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nice one :D
  • DrDetroitDrDetroit Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Thanks, Richie!!
  • celtic starceltic star Posts: 8,254
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the heads up Ritchie :)
  • AimeeAimee Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I dont think he thought that Pav was going to 'like' it; he just felt that it needed to be done.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Fantastic. Whatever else he is, he is possibly the most articulate housemate we have had in years. I have high hopes for some interesting listening.
  • tuesdaytuesday Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh Chris my favourite housemate (of this year) on Couch Potato, can't wait. :). Chris was so eloquent and expressive in his exit interview, what he did have to say he conveyed it very well in the little time he was given. I'm so pleased Dr Detroit persuaded to come on the show, and really looking forward to hearing more of what he has to say.

Thanks Ritchie. :cool:
  • lightupvmlightupvm Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should be good...
    Forum Member
    Is there any hope of Jale coming back on? Because, I am not going to lie I found her interesting the first time she was featured.

Her none appearance last week, well I am not going to lie, was somewhat ambiguous, Did she genuinely have reception problems or was she trying to get out of appearing without actually saying so? I am not going to lie I would have thought she was up front enough to say so if she didn't want to take part.

But I am not going to lie she is worth listening to, although I do wish she wouldn't use the phrase 'I am not going to lie' like it is punctuation.

Seriously though - leaving aside her verbal tic she made for a very interesting and entertaining 80 minutes. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any hope of Jale coming back on? )

:)Hi...

She did re-schedule the cancelled interview at a later time/date. The first I’ve ever listened to, and I did so when I came across the link, because Jale was someone who I very much liked earlier on… but went off completely - even more so in the days after she left the house; I thought I’d be able to work out why, or like her again.

Jale’s not in Chris’s league for being articulate, but I agree she does speak well, and you could tell that Dr Detroit respected her. I hadn’t listened to her first interview, and the more recent one did nothing to make me like her again (appreciating that others might interpret the interview differently). When asked about Steven’s ‘Creepy Chris campaign', which she was pressed firmly on, about it being inappropriate, not to mention hypocritical, her responses were very much in line with… *I’m sure if Chris and Steven talk they’ll be fine. Stephen is very forgiving*. I guess those who like Jale will see it differently, but from my point of view.. er… what the hell does Steve have to forgive Chris for. Definitely the other way around in my opinion.

More interestingly, she was asked about Helen, and talked a lot about the psychologists being concerned for Helen, and protecting her to a degree in preparation for her exit, which they were predicting as loud chants of disapproval. But even that came across to me, as making excuses for Helen, allowances which Jale never entertains making for other h/ms.

Overall... a meh rating from me for Jale, but I imagine Chris's will be humorous and of more interest to me.
  • vikesukvikesuk Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the Dept of emplyment know he has paid work again???? I had assumed he had registered unemployed on Monday
  • tuesdaytuesday Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vikesuk wrote: »
    Does the Dept of emplyment know he has paid work again???? I had assumed he had registered unemployed on Monday

Can you stop with the digs at Chris. The programme is over!

Just for your information any ex-housemates who do or have participated in interviews on the show do not get paid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Is this that thing someone linked to the other day that was incomprehensible? A kind of chat box that moves fast and you can't tell who is who?

If so, I'll wait for someone on here to offer a recap of what he says. As much as I grew to dislike him (largely for his snivelling adherence of Helen) he was pithy and astute at times.
  • lightupvmlightupvm Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any hope of Jale coming back on? Because, I am not going to lie I found her interesting the first time she was featured.

Her none appearance last week, well I am not going to lie, was somewhat ambiguous, Did she genuinely have reception problems or was she trying to get out of appearing without actually saying so? I am not going to lie I would have thought she was up front enough to say so if she didn't want to take part.

But I am not going to lie she is worth listening to, although I do wish she wouldn't use the phrase 'I am not going to lie' like it is punctuation.

Seriously though - leaving aside her verbal tic she made for a very interesting and entertaining 80 minutes. :)

I'm not gonna lie, that made me lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tuesday wrote: »
    Can you stop with the digs at Chris. The programme is over!

Just for your information any ex-housemates who do or have participated in interviews on the show do not get paid.

They may be not paid but Chris's fresh claim for Jobseeker Allownace requires him to be available for work - just make sure you are not making him or yourselves liable to investigation by the DWE please.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    I read the title and was like "Who is Chris?" I really do forget about them as soon as they leave the house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you ask Chris on the show if he has signed-on the dole again yet?
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They may be not paid but Chris's fresh claim for Jobseeker Allownace requires him to be available for work - just make sure you are not making him or yourselves liable to investigation by the DWE please.

Goodness me.....Miaow to you :p:D:D:D:D
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basia wrote: »
    :)Hi...

She did re-schedule the cancelled interview at a later time/date. The first I’ve ever listened to, and I did so when I came across the link, because Jale was someone who I very much liked earlier on… but went off completely - even more so in the days after she left the house; I thought I’d be able to work out why, or like her again.

Jale’s not in Chris’s league for being articulate, but I agree she does speak well, and you could tell that Dr Detroit respected her. I hadn’t listened to her first interview, and the more recent one did nothing to make me like her again (appreciating that others might interpret the interview differently). When asked about Steven’s ‘Creepy Chris campaign', which she was pressed firmly on, about it being inappropriate, not to mention hypocritical, her responses were very much in line with… *I’m sure if Chris and Steven talk they’ll be fine. Stephen is very forgiving*. I guess those who like Jale will see it differently, but from my point of view.. er… what the hell does Steve have to forgive Chris for. Definitely the other way around in my opinion.

More interestingly, she was asked about Helen, and talked a lot about the psychologists being concerned for Helen, and protecting her to a degree in preparation for her exit, which they were predicting as loud chants of disapproval. But even that came across to me, as making excuses for Helen, allowances which Jale never entertains making for other h/ms.

Overall... a meh rating from me for Jale, but I imagine Chris's will be humorous and of more interest to me.
    No she isn't at all like Chris, she doesn't pretend to be your best mate and lurve you to your face while savaging you behind your back. Jale can't enjoy bitching like a schoolgirl either, again that's what Chris excels at. FYI, Chris said mean things about Steve in the DR constantly while pretending to like and care about Steven to his face, so Steven has every right to lash out at 2faced Chris. Did everyone expect the victims of his DR rants to think it fab that he lied to their faces 24/7? :D

Some people see him as a weak arrogant man who left his balls in the DR for 13 weeks. Others clearly have a different view. I wonder who will show up, the DR guy who is articulate in his vicious digs or the wimp who rather leave a room than stand up for or defend his BFF Ashleigh. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can Chris confirm if me is back on Jokseekers Allowance and available for work today?
    Forum Member

I don't think he needs to be available at 8pm at night. Besides you can sign on without claiming benefits. You can sign just to register that you are not working for national insurance record purposes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he needs to be available at 8pm at night. Besides you can sign on without claiming benefits. You can sign just to register that you are not working for national insurance record purposes

Thanks for your Jobseekers insights. If he travels to this show, was he available during the day for work or travelling? (if not he should have informed his local office). Perhaps he can confirm if he informed them tonight on the show and will be available for work tomorrow?
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your Jobseekers insights. If he travels to this show, was he available during the day for work or travelling? (if not he should have informed his local office). Perhaps he can confirm if he informed them tonight on the show and will be available for work tomorrow?

What has it got to do with you?
  • this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats a Couch Potato?
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The show is in America and interviewees talk via SKYPE. You appear to be very bitter.