Options

Which shops do you refuse to step foot in?

Comments

• Options
    No-OneNo-One Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't make any big purchases from PCWorld. Only things like blank media, ink cartridges etc. And even then I have to be desperate that I can't wait for delivery when ordering online.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you. LUSH is awful! :eek:

Also, The Pier in the Metro Centre is just as bad.
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-One wrote:
    I won't make any big purchases from PCWorld. Only things like blank media, ink cartridges etc. And even then I have to be desperate that I can't wait for delivery when ordering online.

I have made big purchases, bought a computer, laptop and three printers from them. (special offers only) Buying ink from PC world? nah, cheaper online. And like FC I buy brown box HDD's from them too, because I know how to fit a HDD without any instructions, as for fittings, I have shitloads of spare parts.
  • Options
    roniftoronifto Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote:
    I'm with the original poster.

ASDA. Awful awful place.

I've only been in one, but that was enough. I felt like I'd walked onto the set of "Deliverance". I expected to see a toothless banjo player at the end of each aisle.

Do they bus the customers in specially?

Dan

:D:D Very funny.

I hate going into Asdas (so biiiiig).
    Next - pile of overpriced rubbish on sale.
    PC World - I actually had a stand-up confrontation with the salesman about us not taking their £500 warranty for my first pc 7 years ago. Me and the kids were so excited about our first pc, or I would've just walked out. :mad:
    Tescos - as said before they're taking over the UK.
  • Options
    beezer123beezer123 Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    not really a shop! but i wont ever set foot in a starbucks again.

Due to the fact that during the sept 11th disaster starbucks set up a stall outside the new york branch which was very close to the twin towers and was CHARGING the fire-fighters a dollar for a bottle of water.

I just found that disgusting that even during something as tragic as that all they thought about was their profit.
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when I bought my pc from PC world I said NO to warranty which the salesman accepted, I told him if the pc went tits up I can repair it myself since I used to build my own PC's in the past.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will shop anywhere for the right price. If that makes me a chav so what, I go to ASDA, tesco, Morrissons, Argos and I couldn't care less. Yes I do look for bargins - saves me a few pounds I am not going to complain.

It is not shops I avoid it is actually places like burger king and macdonalds.
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    No-One wrote:
    I'd buy from there if the price is right and/or I need it then.

£149 for HP upgrade is a bit much though when I can get OEM for 70.48. (And I will get it with a new core.)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CHUTNEY wrote:
    More fool you for going there in the first place. :rolleyes:
    (My tv from Comet is A1........... :o:p )

It was a present :cool: and I took a working fridge freezer to the tip :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will shop anywhere for the right price. If that makes me a chav so what, I go to ASDA, tesco, Morrissons, Argos and I couldn't care less. Yes I do look for bargins - saves me a few pounds I am not going to complain.

It is not shops I avoid it is actually places like burger king and macdonalds.

For most people the choice of which store to visit usually depends on which one is the nearest. The two nearest stores to me are both Sainsburys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote:
    For most people the choice of which store to visit usually depends on which one is the nearest. The two nearest stores to me are both Sainsburys.

I can understand that.

At the moment for me money is tight (nothing unusual) I do shop around. I actually prefer the markets but everyone is different and its whatever suits your needs. There is also a lot of people including me who hate shopping so I can understand you shopping at the nearest store and getting it over and done with. :)
  • Options
    CHUTNEYCHUTNEY Posts: 16,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote:
    It was a present :cool: and I took a working fridge freezer to the tip :mad:

Doesn't that describe everywhere in The Black Country? :confused::p
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our nearest town used to have a Morrisons and a Somerfield but they both closed down. The only supermarket for quite a while was Waitrose, great shop, lovely staff, good food.

There is a new Sainsburys which is ok, no orange in the decor which used to make them all look soooo tacky.

Asda, Tesco avoid whenever possible.

(There is a reason everybody in Britain looks so unhealthy) ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abercrombie and Fitch

Here's a great Parody of that store......very "Good looking" people just standing around in preppy clothes that aren't that cute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3-WzqfbVHU
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CHUTNEY wrote:
    Doesn't that describe everywhere in The Black Country? :confused::p

I doubt that you have explored the dark region. :cool:
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote:
    I doubt that you have explored the dark region. :cool:
    Which part of the West Midlands is that then? :p
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I must be lucky with my local Asda. Despite their crap adverts and everyone saying they're a 'chav' store, also this one being in the heart of the East End chavland, it seems to be relatively chav-free and every time I go, it's full of 'normal' people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Waitrose - after one of the "ladies" on the till refused to serve me after she heard my Northern Ireland accent. The manager wasn't all that bothered so I take my business elsewhere. Oh and I don't shop in Harrods either but I'd guess they don't miss me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I refuse to have anything to do with Vodaphone, especially the one in Irvine where I live. I used to work in the shopping centre there and the manageress of the shop complained to my supervisor that I shouldn't be laughing and joking with young girl's, i.e. the staff!! She even complained I bought one of them a birthday card! They were all adults, none of them complained.

I helped make their day more bearable, and she saw fit to moan!

There was no complaints though when I had to deal with customers they upset and got angry, because of their snobby attitude, or people they thought were potential shoplifters.
  • Options
    El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulieD wrote:
    Waitrose - after one of the "ladies" on the till refused to serve me after she heard my Northern Ireland accent. The manager wasn't all that bothered so I take my business elsewhere. Oh and I don't shop in Harrods either but I'd guess they don't miss me.

Come on there must be more to this? How could a shop get away with that? Tell the truth! :confused::D
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im literally basing this around where i live. But i dont like the Co-OP food store. It looks dirty in there, and there is a weird smell to the place. I have been in twice, and i really dont like it.

Mackays - I entered there once, and again it smelt musty. Not a pleasant experience, and for a 'cheap' shop i think their clothes are expensive and boring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dixons - totally clueless. When my dad decided to buy me a laptop 3 years ago I told him everything that was needed, he went to the shop repeated it all and the guy was like oh this one has all that and more!!! Does it heck like. Also from day one the battery never worked, shop said it needed to be sent back, did that, but they said it was the shop who would replace it. This went on for a year before I gave up, so yeah I have a useless laptop that has never been able to be unplugged, so really not a laptop at all plus it overheats all the time obviously.

Also my dad bought a digital camera about 6 years ago, and it stopped taking clear photos, all of them would be out of focus. The smartarse in the shop decided this was because it was on the lowest setting. Sent it back to the supplier and sure enough the lense was damaged and needed replacing.

HMV - I remember when I was a student they advertised student discounts. Yet in my 4 years I never received a single discount, as the rules to acquiring one changed every week it seemed. One day it would be you must spend over £10, then it would be £20, £25 etc it wasn't included on sale items, you have to buy more than 2 items etc. So just started going to Virgin were the stuff was cheaper even though they didn't do student discounts.

House of Fraser - I sure they put all the crazy people in that shop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About ASDA - I think it depends where you go. The one up North near my inlaws (Greater Manchester) is fine - huge and the staff are super friendly and its clean and has more than enough choice. The one near me in London is a hellhole. Even the ASDA sign above the entrance is graffitied. The worst thing is the kiddies section for underpants/socks. People basically steal from multipacks so there's not one pack there with all its contents and the floor is covered with half open packs and it looks a mess. Won't be going to that branch again.

Other shops I dislike:

Fancy boutiques. Folded up jumpers you daren't unfold as you can't get them back right and shove them in a ball on the shelf and hope no-one has seen.

Visionexpress. Cattlemarket attitude. Just get you in and spit you out. I go to a local independent optician now - and the lady owner is lovely and REMEMBERS who I am and doesn't lose my order for contact lenses and is brilliant in all ways.

Currys/Dixons/Any of them. Overpriced compared to internet prices. Ignorant staff who don't know the first thing about anything from batteries to HD tvs. . A lot has been said about the warranty thing. Surely they see people are wise to it now?

Lidl type shops where the brands are weird and made in Belarus or somesuch place. Too much pre-packaged stuff that has too much salt. False economy - what you save in ££ you lose in quality/nutrician.

Not a shop as such but motorway service stations - the older ones. There's one up on the M6 on the way to Cumbria with a big tower thing outside it. Its like the service station that time forgot - a throwback to the grim 70's. It needs pulling down as its dirty, depressing and I should imagine a bit of a soul destroying place to work.

Disney Store: Fake e-d up staff greeting you at the door asking constantly if you are ok with wide dead eyes and a manic grin. I don't blame the staff as they are under some pressure to 'perform' by their bosses... Grrr.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ!! I didn't know SPAR were still around.

The shouldn't be really because I worked in one, now its called STARS news, will be the co-op soon though. quite confusing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TESCO :mad: never been in one never going to either
    i LOVE Morrisons :)