Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 9)

Comments

• greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chawlvis wrote: »
    My mate Cathy is morbidly obese, and although she pretends to be doing something about it, she blatantly isn't. On a work night out the other day, she scoffed a large meat-feast pizza, a huge slice of chocolate fudge cake with cream and dranks a load of alcohol too, having told everyone at work that day she was just going to have a salad. I really want to help her but don't want to offend her in any way.

I suggested she watch the Chawners Last Chance thinking it might motivate her but instead she now is considering quitting her job and claiming benefits!

Welcome Chawlvis,nice to see you. I suggest you get your mate Cathy to watch Chawners Last Chance again, then she'll see that pizza and chocolate fudge cake isn't the way to go. It has to be sausages and trifle if she wants to lose weight, with occasionally a funny tasting pear and a lettuce leaf. Of course, giving up work to go on benefits is fine too, I expect she's done her working years and is entitled to stop. If she's clever she can get herself classified as disabled because of her weight and get even more money.She is lucky to have a true friend like you to watch put for her.
  • chawlvischawlvis Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    greengran wrote: »
    Welcome Chawlvis,nice to see you. I suggest you get your mate Cathy to watch Chawners Last Chance again, then she'll see that pizza and chocolate fudge cake isn't the way to go. It has to be sausages and trifle if she wants to lose weight, with occasionally a funny tasting pear and a lettuce leaf. Of course, giving up work to go on benefits is fine too, I expect she's done her working years and is entitled to stop. If she's clever she can get herself classified as disabled because of her weight and get even more money.She is lucky to have a true friend like you to watch put for her.

Thanks for the welcome, greengran. I'm just getting up to speed on the topsy-turvy world of the Chawners. Luckily, Philip Chawner accepted me as a friend on Facebook! That was quite a kerfluffle on his wall last night, with home truths being told right and left. I wonder if he even reads the comments sometimes!
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greengran wrote: »

Not forgetting: NEVER, EVER EAT A PEPPER! They are incredibly bad for you.

Oh and paprika must be called pepperika at all time to get the true Chawner effect ;)
    Thanks for the welcome, greengran. I'm just getting up to speed on the topsy-turvy world of the Chawners. Luckily, Philip Chawner accepted me as a friend on Facebook! That was quite a kerfluffle on his wall last night, with home truths being told right and left. I wonder if he even reads the comments sometimes!

Ooooh, I wonder how many will get blocked this time? Don't forget to give us non-facebook posters updates on what's happening!

I'm not a full time Cult of Chawner member but a big welcome from me nonetheless :) This really is one of my favourite threads on DS and I check it several times a day :o
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Not forgetting: NEVER, EVER EAT A PEPPER! They are incredibly bad for you.

Oh and paprika must be called pepperika at all time to get the true Chawner effect ;)

Ooooh, I wonder how many will get blocked this time? Don't forget to give us non-facebook posters updates on what's happening!

I'm not a full time Cult of Chawner member but a big welcome from me nonetheless :) This really is one of my favourite threads on DS and I check it several times a day :o
    You don't have to be a fulltime CoC poster, Lotty, post less than 16 hours a week, then it won't muck up your money, that's what Phil says.

Phil seems to have had his attention seeking, poor me head on last night, and sadly, the majority of people saw through his pity party and told him to man up and get a grip (only using txt spk and LOTS of swearing)

And welcome from me too Chawlvis. I'll try not to step on your blue suede build a bear trainers.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Hiya all. can i just say i heard that supposedly i have been arguing with Phil on his wall, to put you all straight it wasn't me. I wouldn't waste my time arguing with them been their done that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimmaton wrote: »
    Hiya all. can i just say i heard that supposedly i have been arguing with Phil on his wall, to put you all straight it wasn't me. I wouldn't waste my time arguing with them been their done that.
    I knew it wasn't you, Kim, your style of writing is far more coherent and you don't tend to use the F word (unless, like most of us, you are REALLY annoyed:D)

I think it was Emma, pretending to be you, and trying to drum up some more publicity for herself and her family, now that their reality TV career (:rolleyes:) is over. It didn't work though, and there are far more negative comments on the Chawners' facebook pages than ever, now.

I wonder if it ever occurs to them that although they each have thousands of friends, none of those friends seem to like them very much? There are one or two staunch supporters, but they are definitely in the minority these days. Even Mad Muriel has gone quiet. And the petition to get the Chawners another TV show still only has 27 signatures.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Wonder if the Chawners are stockpiling Greggs pasties after the whole pastytax thing? :p
  • Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    Wonder if the Chawners are stockpiling Greggs pasties after the whole pastytax thing? :p

Lol @ Simi! :D

On The Chawners FB page there seems to be a discontented Kiwi writing:
    fat and useless and you know it

All the defenders spring in with the usual guff:
    the adage 'if you have nothing nice to say don't say it' springs to mind.

I always wonder why people go to the effort of finding and liking a page.... If they just want to argue or be mean.

Why do people forget they're human?

1. :yawn: :sleep:
    2. Because we can maybe?
    3. Human? Better behaviour from Jenny!

I'm just gobsmacked as to how people can still defend them after all that's been seen on TV. There's the usual stuff about 'Is your wonderful prog. coming back?'

I think all on here know the answer to that one.
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scary thing is, to some people how they live & communicate might be totally normal - so perhaps they want to see more "people like us" on the telly? Obviously, all members of the CoC are immune from that group as we've all been shocked, amazed, disgusted, frustrated & millions of other emotions from what we've seen.

Unless there's a new way to sell the family, I can't see them "starring" in their own show any time soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hammerfan wrote: »
    The scary thing is, to some people how they live & communicate might be totally normal - so perhaps they want to see more "people like us" on the telly? Obviously, all members of the CoC are immune from that group as we've all been shocked, amazed, disgusted, frustrated & millions of other emotions from what we've seen.

Unless there's a new way to sell the family, I can't see them "starring" in their own show any time soon.
    Anyone who seriously thinks the Chawners are motivational, inspirational, and wonderful role models for us all, is either a professional internet troll, or in need of urgent therapy.:D:D

The spiteful comments are unnecessary though, there's absolutely no need for being to make hurtful and personal remarks about the way they look.

However Phil does leave himself wide open to criticism, filming his neighbour and accusing her of fraudulently claiming DLA being just one example. The man's a fool, and patently too dim to realise what he's doing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cry: He's going to have a nervous breakdown soon as he sees all his "fame" going rapidly off into Obscureville. ( Not that he ever was famous, but in his tiny little brain he was an humungous star)

The illnesses will get worse and more life threatening, because that what he falls back on. He thinks it puts him in the spotlight and garners synpathy.

Phil, it doesn't. It confirms you are the biggest, laziest whinger I know. Loathsome little dictator. :mad:
    Forum Member
    You don't have to be a fulltime CoC poster, Lotty, post less than 16 hours a week, then it won't muck up your money, that's what Phil says.

Phil seems to have had his attention seeking, poor me head on last night, and sadly, the majority of people saw through his pity party and told him to man up and get a grip (only using txt spk and LOTS of swearing)

And welcome from me too Chawlvis. I'll try not to step on your blue suede build a bear trainers.;)

Someone took them all to task for it—unfortunately though for an English teacher complaining about spelling errors she managed to misspell 'courtesy': :D

This thread is appalling. The people who litter their posts with swear words are, frankly, disgusting and it's a sad reflection of their ability to communicate effectively with anyone. Those of you throwing offensive names out such as 'mongo', 'cretin' and 'retard' are insulting those with genuine special needs (whom I work with day in, day out) and such language is not tolerated in 2012 by anyone who has any sense of decency. Name-calling and swearing isn't clever. I would be ashamed of my children (aged 17 and 14) if they EVER spoke like this to anyone on facebook or in real life. There is no excuse for doing so on facebook just because you are hiding behind a keyboard - it's offensive, yes, but mostly it shows you up as ignorant (in the true sense of the word ignorant, I mean - and if you're not sure what that is look it up in a dictionary or thesaurus) and lacking in social skills. As for spelling this thread is littered with poor spelling and 'text speak' (which, sadly, many of you think counts as 'proper' spelling when it's anything but) but I don't expect anyone to approve of the opinion of a literacy teacher who works with older teenagers and adults who failed at school - I mean, what would I know? I only teach English for a living! Finally, the Chawners - they have thrown away the best chance they had to really make a difference to their lives. It's sad, but no one's fault but their own. Blindly defending them (even if you're family) is not doing them any favours, it merely gives them a reason to carry on as they are and not change. If anyone really loved them and cared for them they would give them some 'tough love'. Love and caring can - and should - be tough when the circumstances demand it. I would do it if they were my family. It wouldn't stop me loving them, but loving someone means telling them some home-truths sometimes, not just validating their excuses. Please don't swear at me - I have not sworn at you. I have posted with thought, respect and courtesey. If you wish to respond to me please respond in the same thoughtful, respectful and courteous manner.
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. If one is going to criticise others, one must be above reproach themselves.

However I doubt if the chawnerfawners know what courtesy means anyway :)
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenorlady wrote: »
    Oh dear. If one is going to criticise others, one must be above reproach themselves.

However I doubt if the chawnerfawners know what courtesy means anyway :)

Isn't it what you do if the Queen comes for tea? ;)
    Forum Member
    hammerfan wrote: »
    Isn't it what you do if the Queen comes for tea? ;)

:D:D:D

Spoken like a true Chawner!
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone took them all to task for it—unfortunately though for an English teacher complaining about spelling errors she managed to misspell 'courtesy': :D

This thread is appalling. The people who litter their posts with swear words are, frankly, disgusting and it's a sad reflection of their ability to communicate effectively with anyone. Those of you throwing offensive names out such as 'mongo', 'cretin' and 'retard' are insulting those with genuine special needs (whom I work with day in, day out) and such language is not tolerated in 2012 by anyone who has any sense of decency. Name-calling and swearing isn't clever. I would be ashamed of my children (aged 17 and 14) if they EVER spoke like this to anyone on facebook or in real life. There is no excuse for doing so on facebook just because you are hiding behind a keyboard - it's offensive, yes, but mostly it shows you up as ignorant (in the true sense of the word ignorant, I mean - and if you're not sure what that is look it up in a dictionary or thesaurus) and lacking in social skills. As for spelling this thread is littered with poor spelling and 'text speak' (which, sadly, many of you think counts as 'proper' spelling when it's anything but) but I don't expect anyone to approve of the opinion of a literacy teacher who works with older teenagers and adults who failed at school - I mean, what would I know? I only teach English for a living! Finally, the Chawners - they have thrown away the best chance they had to really make a difference to their lives. It's sad, but no one's fault but their own. Blindly defending them (even if you're family) is not doing them any favours, it merely gives them a reason to carry on as they are and not change. If anyone really loved them and cared for them they would give them some 'tough love'. Love and caring can - and should - be tough when the circumstances demand it. I would do it if they were my family. It wouldn't stop me loving them, but loving someone means telling them some home-truths sometimes, not just validating their excuses. Please don't swear at me - I have not sworn at you. I have posted with thought, respect and courtesey. If you wish to respond to me please respond in the same thoughtful, respectful and courteous manner.

Oh dear. About time someone took them to task but, apart from the one spelling mistake, that post is very well written therefore I doubt very much the Chawns or their acolytes will have a clue what she's saying :D They're probably scratching their heads wondering what it all means! :D

(And thanks to Alfie I am now a part time CoC - can't have anything affect my money now can I? ;):D)
    Forum Member
    Just got this message from my mate Cathy—you can see why she has trouble keeping off the pounds! :)

just cooked ready meal mash potato but left plastic container on and plastic is burnt. should i eat the mash? it tastes fine and i'm so hungry.

the plastic was a bit melted around the outside edges/
    it was cooked in the oven, btw!
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cathy sounds like she needs a carer. Tell her to contact the chawner family who can explain the complexities of the benefits system and how her nearest and dearest could get cold hard cash in return for microwaving her mash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    What am I doing wrong?? I can't see any of the FB discussions. I can find the pages (I think), but there is no where to click to ask to be a friend and no recent activity.

Can someone post a link to the FB where I can (hopefully) be a friend?

Thanks ever so lol!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    There is a disturbing message on Chawners facebook page which seems to be from them and refers to their sexy bodies (as Chico's song on Dancing on Ice) Do you think they really believe this refers to them. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    This is Phils' usual facebook account:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pchawner

This is Emma's usual account:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000641516547

This is Phil's other account which had 'Kim's' argument on

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/philip-chawner/120331988058877
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    This is Phils' usual facebook account:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pchawner

This is Emma's usual account:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000641516547

This is Phil's other account which had 'Kim's' argument on

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/philip-chawner/120331988058877

Thanks for that Benefit - but I still can't see any recent posts. Ah well - ignorance is bliss:rolleyes:
  • _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hahaha I found an Emma Chawner meme http://memegenerator.net/instance/11135513

edit: hahaha omg theres so many http://memegenerator.net/Fat-Girl
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    You will have to log into Facebook and then you get the option to send a friend request.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a disturbing message on Chawners facebook page which seems to be from them and refers to their sexy bodies (as Chico's song on Dancing on Ice) Do you think they really believe this refers to them. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sexy and I know It? Oh dear me.

Fortunately, the Chawners aren't the ones behind that page, Phil has been stamping his pudgy feet and huffing and puffing about the imposters pretending to be them. Quite why anyone would pretend to be a Chawner baffles me.

Although I do wonder where the DS poster emmaxf has vanished to - she did a sterling job of being fake Emma, until she was busted, on twitter, by the real Emma Chawner.:D:D And I still find myself sniggering at Emma's comment about it being the downside of fame, having people impersonating her all the time.
This discussion has been closed.