Options

Keep getting calls from shopping direct

Has anybody else been getting random calls 2 to 3 times per day? First it was from a debt collector though I am not in any debt and when I said I wasnt interested in there service they put the phone down then I got a call from home shopping direct this evening had to unplug the phone to disconect. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joe2k wrote: »
    Has anybody else been getting random calls 2 to 3 times per day? First it was from a debt collector though I am not in any debt and when I said I wasnt interested in there service they put the phone down then I got a call from home shopping direct this evening had to unplug the phone to disconect. Any ideas?
    Shop Direct are famous for this, if you search around the internet by inputting the 08000 # they use. My sister was getting calls from them every day, several times a day, as early as 8am. We're currently having to pay for BT's 'choose to refuse' service which bars them from contacting us, even if they withhold their number. It's annoying having to pay to avoid harrassment, but it's such a relief not to have the entire household woken up at 8am every day, even on Sundays!
  • Options
    jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,635
    Forum Member
    joe2k wrote: »

Are you signed up to TPS.

I'm assuming this is a UK based company and they wouldn't like to be threatened with a considerable fine. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackthom wrote: »
    Are you signed up to TPS.

I'm assuming this is a UK based company and they wouldn't like to be threatened with a considerable fine. :)
    We're TPS registered and that didn't stop them contacting us. They use diallers so calls are automatic if you're on their list. I've even read online of people quoting them telephone harrassment laws by letter and receiving replies that they will still contact you.

P.S. It's a very well known UK company.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    TPS doesnt work.

I signed up, still got over 5 calls per day. Easier to unplug the landphone
  • Options
    jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,635
    Forum Member
    TPS wasn't bad for a while. I finally gave up when the number of cold calls originating from abroad became ridiculous.

We've now had a TrueCall unit running for the last 3 months and no longer get bothered by any unsolicited calls.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,207
    Forum Member
    Kuldiin wrote: »
    TPS doesnt work.

I signed up, still got over 5 calls per day. Easier to unplug the landphone
    I have to disagree. I have TPS and am ex-directory. I never get unsolicited calls.
  • Options
    TernTern Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to disagree. I have TPS and am ex-directory. I never get unsolicited calls.

Same here.

In the three years since I opted for TPS I've had one call.

Well worth doing. Ditto for the postal equivalent.
  • Options
    IgniteIgnite Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not had problems with this company, however, my latest anti sales call measure is to try to sell them something, normally an "old sofa". It's a good laugh wasting their time and some of the responses you get are really funny. Usually they hang up after a couple of minutes and you get marked down as a time waster. You then don't get called again. I take the view that if they waste your time by calling you then they're fair game to have their time wasted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried this site for stopping silent calls?
    http://www.ukdatait.co.uk/cgi-bin/sgAddNumber.cgi
    It won't stop shop direct but may stop others