Options

Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is indeed taken from the middle of one of Mad Muriel's posts. She also talks about being snowed under with questions about where she's been this week and why she hasn't been 'sticking up for' the Chawners on FB!

The strange 'ah ah' is back too...

And Phil has replied, implying that not only him, but also Emma has got to have a camera stuck down to see what's wrong.

Sorry, but sticking a camera down (or up!) any orifice is going to diagnose what is really wrong with them!
    I think she's dyslexic and ah ah is actually Moo's version of a cyber laugh, ha ha.

As for Phizzle and Em having yet more costly investigations, what the heck for? How much more money is the NHS going to waste on this family? If they stop eating crap they'll stop getting all their digestive disorders.
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's time the fawners took a big bite of reality sandwich and realised the Chawns are a lost cause. Also I can diagnose Phil and Aud without a camera up or down anywhere. A diet like theirs would make anyone ill.
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's dyslexic and ah ah is actually Moo's version of a cyber laugh, ha ha.

As for Phizzle and Em having yet more costly investigations, what the heck for? How much more money is the NHS going to waste on this family? If they stop eating crap they'll stop getting all their digestive disorders.

I wish the NHS would be allowed to stop treating people like the Chawners whose 'illnesses' are caused solely by their unhealthy lifestyle.

They should say 'we aren't treating you until you lose some weight' and then watch the pounds fall off. We all know Aud can move when she wants to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    There are some extraordinary Chawnerfawners out there in internetland:eek::eek::eek:

need to get you back on our tv as a reality show bugger the weight you wouldnt be you any of you slim its what makes you all who you are and thats who we love and all the fun you bring to us so bio or whoever need to come up with some better offers so thats next on the to do list eh

I think this lady is serious!!!

Or is it Phizzle the Chawn in disguise? The lack of punctuation suggests it may be.

I think maybe this lady watches the Chawners for the same reason as I watch 'Man vs Food'. To live vicariously through someone else eating all the nice stuff without damaging my own health. By the way, this woman is a 'nurse' isn't she?! As part of the healthcare service is she really condoning overeating high sugar and fat foods whilst riddled with diabetic complications?

She should use "LOL" instead. Doesn't matter which way around she writes it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tudor6222 wrote: »
    I wish the NHS would be allowed to stop treating people like the Chawners whose 'illnesses' are caused solely by their unhealthy lifestyle.

They should say 'we aren't treating you until you lose some weight' and then watch the pounds fall off. We all know Aud can move when she wants to.
    If only they had filmed Skipgate at the start of the first Big fat Challenge eh?:D
    There would have been no doubt about Aud's ability to get off her arse and sprint down the street, and they could have tailored an exercise regime for them all, and called it Skip And Slim.

As for the costly medical investigations, I bet the Chawners have no idea of the amount of money the NHS are wasting on them.

If they had to pay for private healthcare, an upper endoscopy would set them back between £700- £1821:eek: As for the MFI scan, the one that diagnosed Emma's contagious gallblabber, the cost usually starts at around £1300 but can be much more expensive depending on the hospital.

Instead of having thousands of pounds of costly procedures done, they just need to stop shovelling fatty, salty food down their throats, then their digestive problems would resolve within days. And the money saved could be used for people with genuine illhealth.
  • Options
    MehitabelMehitabel Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only they had filmed Skipgate at the start of the first Big fat Challenge eh?:D
    There would have been no doubt about Aud's ability to get off her arse and sprint down the street, and they could have tailored an exercise regime for them all, and called it Skip And Slim.

As for the costly medical investigations, I bet the Chawners have no idea of the amount of money the NHS are wasting on them.

If they had to pay for private healthcare, an upper endoscopy would set them back between £700- £1821:eek: As for the MFI scan, the one that diagnosed Emma's contagious gallblabber, the cost usually starts at around £1300 but can be much more expensive depending on the hospital.

Instead of having thousands of pounds of costly procedures done, they just need to stop shovelling fatty, salty food down their throats, then their digestive problems would resolve within days. And the money saved could be used for people with genuine illhealth.

Maybe they do know - or at least have an idea. They certainly know how much taxpayer money they're getting in benefits, and we know that it's not enough. It's their right to get all they can, and this is just another way to do it. It also proves how ill they are because it's (all together now) NOT THEIR FAULT.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mehitabel wrote: »
    Maybe they do know - or at least have an idea. They certainly know how much taxpayer money they're getting in benefits, and we know that it's not enough. It's their right to get all they can, and this is just another way to do it. It also proves how ill they are because it's (all together now) NOT THEIR FAULT.:rolleyes:

I don't think they do understand the cost of treatments and investigations. Its free as far as they're concerned and they're entitled, they must've paid tax during their 'working lives'. They very much have a sense of entitlement as far as state help goes but i wouldn't think it would occur to them that every treatment and investigation costs money. I bet they trail to their GP every week with something or other and are probably what are known as 'heart sink patients'. It wouldn't enter their head that every GP appointment has a cost - and may delay someone who is really ill getting an appt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they do understand the cost of treatments and investigations. Its free as far as they're concerned and they're entitled, they must've paid tax during their 'working lives'. They very much have a sense of entitlement as far as state help goes but i wouldn't think it would occur to them that every treatment and investigation costs money. I bet they trail to their GP every week with something or other and are probably what are known as 'heart sink patients'. It wouldn't enter their head that every GP appointment has a cost - and may delay someone who is really ill getting an appt.
    That's exactly what I was getting at in my post - the Chawners are wasting NHS resources and having endless money spent on them, when all they need to do is help themselves to a healthier lifestyle.

I expect the practise nurse at the surgery is sick to death of the Chawners rolling in every week with yet another digestive disorder that is easily remedied by eating less high calorie crap. I wonder if they've been taken off any GP's lists due to them costing the practise so much money?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's exactly what I was getting at in my post - the Chawners are wasting NHS resources and having endless money spent on them, when all they need to do is help themselves to a healthier lifestyle.

I expect the practise nurse at the surgery is sick to death of the Chawners rolling in every week with yet another digestive disorder that is easily remedied by eating less high calorie crap. I wonder if they've been taken off any GP's lists due to them costing the practise so much money?

As Phil's diabetes is uncontrolled, he's well on the way to amputation judging by the blisters on his feet and the ulcerated legs. If he wanted to avoid that scenario he'd eat properly, do some exercise and wear some socks, but if amputation's what he wants that's eventually what he'll get.

Emma's gallblabbers could be helped by a less fatty diet, but as she's not interested in losing weight that won't happen. Sam's just plain greedy and in denial and Aud, well, Aud's just bone idle and chooses to run only when it looks like she'll get the neighbours upset with her skip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Phil's diabetes is diabetes is uncontrolled, he's well on the way to amputation judging by the blisters on his feet and the ulcerated legs. If he wanted to avoid that scenario he'd eat properly, do some exercise and wear some socks, but if amputation's what he wants that's eventually what he'll get.

Emma's gallblabbers could be helped by a less fatty diet, but as she's not interested in losing weight that won't happen. Sam's just plain greedy and in denial and Aud, well, Aud's just bone idle and chooses to run only when it looks like she'll get the neighbours upset with her skip.
    Phil seems to be looking forward to having his legs chopped off, he's almost gleeful at the thought of having a proper visible disability. Then no-one can accuse him of swinging the lead and being workshy. Plus his daughters will be trapped forever more, looking after him. I hope Emma and Sam give him the same level of care as he gives to Audrey.
  • Options
    orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, its very difficult to remove patients from a GP's list and 'high cost' is not a reasonable explanation. Generally patients are only removed for verbal/physical abuse or disagreements which are covered by the line 'an irretrievable breakdown in the therapuetic relationship'.

But if patients feel they are not getting what they want from a surgery they can make a complaint. The surgery will either capitulate (unlikely if not clinically indicated) or refer the matter to the PCT, who will give the patients the option to be reallocated to another surgery.

Every surgery has their share of 'frequent flyer' patients. You just have to live with it and thank god for Mr Smith who only pops in once a year. The theory in setting GP appointment time/costs is that on average patients will need to see a GP five times a year. Some will be more, others less so it should balance out across an average list size of 1500 per GP.

Unfortunately, as a public institution, the NHS can't afford to turn its back on anyone. Imagine the outcry if the diabetic nurse refused to deal with Phizzle anymore and then he did have his legs amputated. Daily Mail headlines of nurse ignores patient's needs etc. Phil would love it because he's get thousands in compensation.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would open a bit of a hornet's nest though wouldn't it? Do you start refusing smokers treatment for the same reasons - that it's their fault? Or someone who does extreme sports and breaks a leg? Where would it all end :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Would open a bit of a hornet's nest though wouldn't it? Do you start refusing smokers treatment for the same reasons - that it's their fault? Or someone who does extreme sports and breaks a leg? Where would it all end :confused:
    Oh I know, free health care should be for everyone, regardless. I worked for the NHS for more years than I care to mention (yes I am old:o) and I would hate to see restrictions being put in place. If someone becomes unwell and needs treatment, then they should get whatever is required to restore them to health /alleviate their symptoms.

The Chawners just infuriate me with their sense of entitlement, and don't actually make any attempt to get themselves healthy. The majority of people in their position would make some sort of effort.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I know, free health care should be for everyone, regardless. I worked for the NHS for more years than I care to mention (yes I am old:o) and I would hate to see restrictions being put in place. If someone becomes unwell and needs treatment, then they should get whatever is required to restore them to health /alleviate their symptoms.

The Chawners just infuriate me with their sense of entitlement, and don't actually make any attempt to get themselves healthy. The majority of people in their position would make some sort of effort.

Oh I totally agree when it comes the Chawners. Absolutely infuriating with their 'it's not our fault' attitude when everyone knows it is! :mad: Honestly, if someone told me I was going to lose my legs if I didn't start eating properly I'd be so shocked I'd probably lose my appetite anyway! Not to mention everything else that can happen with diabetes such as deteriorating eyesight. And look at Emma being told that she has the lungs of a 90 year old yet coming out of the doctors and lights up a ****! :eek: That girl is not going to make old bones - the combination of smoking, asthma and excess weight mean she's a walking time bomb and I doubt very much she'll get to her parents age.

I think I've said it before on the thread but I just don't think the words are getting through when they're told what could happen to them, they think it's scaremongering or just don't believe it'll happen to them. They have been patched up and repaired at hospital so many times now that ultimately they believe that they'll be saved and it just won't happen, somebody will do something to stop it. What a shock they're going to get one day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Oh I totally agree when it comes the Chawners. Absolutely infuriating with their 'it's not our fault' attitude when everyone knows it is! :mad: Honestly, if someone told me I was going to lose my legs if I didn't start eating properly I'd be so shocked I'd probably lose my appetite anyway! Not to mention everything else that can happen with diabetes such as deteriorating eyesight. And look at Emma being told that she has the lungs of a 90 year old yet coming out of the doctors and lights up a ****! :eek: That girl is not going to make old bones - the combination of smoking, asthma and excess weight mean she's a walking time bomb and I doubt very much she'll get to her parents age.

I think I've said it before on the thread but I just don't think the words are getting through when they're told what could happen to them, they think it's scaremongering or just don't believe it'll happen to them. They have been patched up and repaired at hospital so many times now that ultimately they believe that they'll be saved and it just won't happen, somebody will do something to stop it. What a shock they're going to get one day.
    I think the girls will have their wake up call when their parents die - which, callous though it sounds, can't be too far off for either of them, if they don't make any serious effort to improve their fitness levels.:(

The "it's not our fault" mantra has been something they have been saying for decades, they take no ownership of the health issues they have. Perhaps when daddy dearest is no longer around, and Aud, too, has ascended to the Smart Price sausage factory in the sky, Emma and Sam will take stock, and seek to improve things for themselves. Emma's smoking is just plain silly, for someone with asthma. I'm an ex smoker and it's a tough habit to quit, but it can be done and there is tons of help out there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget if Phil gets his legs amputated they'll be rehoused too. There's no room for a stair lift in their current tiny house so it would be off to a bungalow. No more farting up the stairs for Aud either. Seeing as that's her only exercise (can't even be arsed to make herself a cup of tea) she'll be even less active than now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget if Phil gets his legs amputated they'll be rehoused too. There's no room for a stair lift in their current tiny house so it would be off to a bungalow. No more farting up the stairs for Aud either. Seeing as that's her only exercise (can't even be arsed to make herself a cup of tea) she'll be even less active than now.
    Would they get a 3 bedroomed bungalow though? I bet they wouldn't.

When my friend's husband became suddenly disabled and a wheelchair user, they were offered a one bed ground floor flat, and as their daughters were adults at the ages of 19 and 21, they were advised they had to find themselves somewhere else to live. As it was, they owned their own home, so sold that and bought a bungalow themselves, but the Chawners don't have that luxury.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would they get a 3 bedroomed bungalow though? I bet they wouldn't.

When my friend's husband became suddenly disabled and a wheelchair user, they were offered a one bed ground floor flat, and as their daughters were adults at the ages of 19 and 21, they were advised they had to find themselves somewhere else to live. As it was, they owned their own home, so sold that and bought a bungalow themselves, but the Chawners don't have that luxury.

I bet they wouldn't either.

Council accommodation for the disabled is as rare as hen's teeth. Emma and Sam would be forced to go their own ways if Phil and Aud became disabled.

Phil would not be pleased.

EDIT - has this thread been pruned? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet they wouldn't either.

Council accommodation for the disabled is as rare as hen's teeth. Emma and Sam would be forced to go their own ways if Phil and Aud became disabled.

Phil would not be pleased.

EDIT - has this thread been pruned? :confused:
    We have had a wee bit of liposuction it seems:D:D

You're right though, Phil hasn't done his research, if and when he becomes disabled, he and Aud will be offered a place, possibly even in sheltered accommodation, but Emma and Sam won't.

They'll be free!! They might even meet a couple of handsome young men and start living the lives of normal young women in their 20's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're right though, Phil hasn't done his research, if and when he becomes disabled, he and Aud will be offered a place, possibly even in sheltered accommodation, but Emma and Sam won't.

They'll be free!! They might even meet a couple of handsome young men and start living the lives of normal young women in their 20's.

Or Ladies..:D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ain't gonna happen! ;)

With Phil's views on 'poofs' I'd take a guess that they've been told homosexuality is somehow 'wrong', and whatever Daddy Dearest tells them has to be the truth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. Sam did briefly change her facebook status while she was away in America - perhaps without the malign influence of daddy dearest, she might be able to be honest with herself about who she is. Straight or gay, I seriously would like to see Emma and Sam all loved up with partners, and living relatively normal lives. If they carry on the way they are now, they will end up lonely, bitter, middle-aged and then elderly women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you all that Phil and Aud would be on their own. No one will house them with adult children still at home. I do think though that the chances of Emma meeting a handsome young man are slim to none. It would either be a chubby chaser, one of them weird feeder people or someone with no sense of smell who is also deaf. There's very little chance of her changing her ways with the bad attitude she has.
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, I've met Sharon. :o
  • Options
    SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Handsome? I think there's more chance of both girls dropping to 8 stone than that ever happening, alfie! :eek: :D

I know there are plenty of larger ladies out there who do indeed find themselves handsome men, with the emphasis on the word ladies,but from what I've witnessed of Sam and Emma's appalling behaviour and attitude, not forgetting their penchant for screeching like fishwives, I would imagine even the village idiot would avoid them like the plague! ;):D
This discussion has been closed.