End of Days (gaming days)

Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Bored of gaming? Can you only find the motivation to only play your favorite shooter, everything else just get ignored?

That's me.

I only play Uncharted 3 and that's only because I want to finish it on crushing.

My consoles are off for days, just thinking about them bores me, talk about an all time low, this is as bad as it gets.

At the grand old age of 40, I finally think its time to pack up, sell up, and take up a new hobby.

Sad days indeed, but inevitable the more time gos on.

Comments

• The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 40? dont be daft man, get on COD and give the yanks some slobber.
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember that feeling Flawed-Tactics... it was the worse hour of my life.

:) Mark
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had this feeling shortly after finishing Skyrim, didn't seem like there was much left to look forward to. I get that feeling ocassionally, where I don't play for a while, then I'll go through a period where all I want to do is play games :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find my I do find myself getting gamed out after finishing games and cant start playing again proper for a while. Never played God of War before bought the collection and played through the 3 of them over the space of 2 weeks and I couldnt start another game for weeks.
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Perfectly normal to feel that way sometimes.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had this feeling just couldn't be bothered with my ps3 even now i just don't want to know.
    What i did was dug out my old trusty ps2 and giving a few classic games such as lma 2007 and final fantasy X-2 ect a run this seems to be filling the void for now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    yep, had that feeling before. Sometimes the console goes on as soon as I get home from work and doesnt get turned off until I either want food or sleep. Other times I can go for weeks without turning it on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling a bit like the OP is with Arkham City and AC Revelations. Bough them ages ago got half way on both, now I kinda got distracted with other games and I dont know if I can be bothered to go back and play them.
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel a bit like that at the moment. I only stick the 360 on for the odd game of FIFA. Bought a PS Vita back in Feb and after the inital flurry of excitment over that had died down its been sat gathering dusk now for a few weeks.

Maybe its just a phase as Ive got so much else going on at the moment & Im hoping something new will come out soon that will get me back into gaming again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    I had this feeling just couldn't be bothered with my ps3 even now i just don't want to know.
    What i did was dug out my old trusty ps2 and giving a few classic games such as lma 2007 and final fantasy X-2 ect a run this seems to be filling the void for now.

It's good to know that people still play LMA! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm only 29 and I go through phases where I don't game for days even weeks on end. But I know if I sold my PS3 and all my games I'd regret it and go and buy another one. Plus the PS3 is also my DVD and Blu-ray player so its useful for that even when I don't use it to game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    know exactly how you feel Flawed-Tactics i got through phases like this very often these days games just dont seem as exciting as they use to be seems i had more fun playing 16 bit consoles all those years ago :O
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, I'm 42 and still game as much as I am able given the constrains of having a four-year-old son. However, I'm a PC not a console gamer and have such a massive variety of stuff I can dabble with that I rarely get bored.
    I am, at heart, an MMO junkie and RPG girlie though so I can usually find time to go do a bit of SW:tOR or load up one of the many RPGs I have installed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I felt that last year, I am 38. But I am playiing games more than ever. Got myself a new gaming PC and have'nt looked back. I admit I play my games on easy do to my lack of time and frustration.

I go through stages of being bored of gaming, but I think thats most modern games are sequels and they lack something. I play a number of different genres on rotation so I dont get bored. The modern consoles are geared up to play very similar titles with lack of orgininality.

I am enjoying SW:TOR as its my first real MMO, but I am also enjoying playing Jagged Alliance: Back in Action (not played a squad based RTS for a while(not as good as 2). But even though I completed most of the newer sequals ie Skyrim they left me a bit cold. I suggest trying Retro or something you havent played in a while or different genre.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am in a phase where i get quite excited for a new game, play it for about 4 hours then dont play it again.

So i haven't bought anything for a month and dont plan to buy any more over the summer either. Waste of money.

But im sure i will be back in the mood soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    49 and I have a severe Killzone 3 addiction
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always get like this about 5 years into a hardware cycle. i know it's all about the games, but I can't help being a bit of a hardware ****, looking forward to the new possibilities it opens up.

My PSVita is keeping me going at the moment, but I'm sure a big title will come along soon that will reignite my interest between now and when the next-gen arrives. (and I think Ridge Racer Unbounded might just be it)
  • gothergother Posts: 14,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's good to know that people still play LMA! :D

I tend to rotate between premier manger , lma and football manager lol. Just today i had lma on the go on ps2 and football manager 2012 on the go on pc lol.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    36 and probably more into games than ever. I play in phases as dont get much time these days, so when I do get to have a blast I really appreciate it. skyrim has been a massive escape from the stresses of life, unfortunately have to pack it in for a while but by the time I come back am hoping for some DLC to be out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get phases like this from time to time, just got sooooooo fed up of online multiplayer, so after xmas I bought loadsa cheap games which I missed out on and am loving single player games again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    just wanted to add that I'm 25. Don't think it's too important but it's cool to see the age range of gamers on here.

I have loads of games I've started but not finished, so it's like I've nothing to play, sometimes I just can't be bothered to waste 2 hours in front of the TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love multi-player but also prone to going through phases where I play single player for periods of time. Recently picked up Halo 3 and Forza 2 for 1:99 each using my game rewards vouchers and really enjoying playing the single player modes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Worked my way through the consoles, slowly became bored with the same old game type I liked being rehashed over and over again, rather than being refreshed. Did what another poster did, I built a gaming pc, having played some pc games over the years and having a clear idea what I wanted in specs to run games well.
    For me it beats console gaming, I think for the more mature player anyway. I have Arma2 Operation Arrowhead + Reinforcements, just an example, the game came with a few islands/maps to play on (around 5, all open world areas some really large). The thing that I find completely different to console gaming is the mod communities that gather around many pc games, to cut a long story short I have around 240 mods/addons and over 150 odd islands/maps (open world) to play on, with every type of military hardware, units, etc, scale built recreations, added to the game. I don’t have the time to get bored, just don’t have the time to see and use everything I have downloaded……………

Oh, I’m 53 this year, I reckon I’ll be 55 before I view everything I have downloaded concerning this game. To top that, they have Arma3 coming out later this year….:eek::D:cool:

Bored.. No..:p

Been playing games since the Atari 2600 days..:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bored of gaming? Can you only find the motivation to only play your favorite shooter, everything else just get ignored?

That's me.

I only play Uncharted 3 and that's only because I want to finish it on crushing.

My consoles are off for days, just thinking about them bores me, talk about an all time low, this is as bad as it gets.

At the grand old age of 40, I finally think its time to pack up, sell up, and take up a new hobby.

Sad days indeed, but inevitable the more time gos on.

I felt like that at one point. I didn't game for around 3-4 months as I had become so bored with it but then thought about all the Live arcade games I had bought and never played so went back to it. I still don't game as much as I used to but I found that by cutting back on my gaming days I tend to enjoy it more. I now game on a monday, thursday and do a long haul on saturday night into the early hours of sunday morning. At the moment i'm playing modern warfare 3 and heading for Prestige 3 although I still haven't gotten around to playing the arcade games I bought.

I own an Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii but it's the 360 that i game on most. Wii has been put away and the Ps3 sits on the shelf underneath the tv, gathering dust.

BTW i'm 44 and I have been into gaming since around 1978 and i'm always looking for new online friends to game with. Gamertag is xStorm8ringeRx and PSN i.D is xStorm-BringeRx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    30 *cough* something ....

Nah find it hard to be bored gaming TBH last week i was saving the galaxy with my Shepard, this week I'm shooting robots in Binary Domain or pimping my car in Forza ... and still have a massive back log of games waiting for me ... golden time for gaming for me :)