Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 10)

Comments

• Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I can recall the front door being on the right a couple of feet before the garage door, which came out of the wall. I probably assumed the bit in front of the garage was a driveway. I do seem to recall a car was parked there for a long time, and I think also a boat. Leading me to the conclusion it was part of the Platts' property.
    It might be, but there's no fence, kerb or other method of distinguishing which bit of the area belongs to the Platt's, the factory and Kevin's garage. This shows the layout:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-09-04/download-the-official-coronation-street-ordnance-survey-map
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    dev didnt seem to bothered about the car hitting his shop

when i mentioned tim's absence i meant the initial crash not the day after

Did we see Dev?
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    It might be, but there's no fence, kerb or other method of distinguishing which bit of the area belongs to the Platt's, the factory and Kevin's garage. This shows the layout:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-09-04/download-the-official-coronation-street-ordnance-survey-map

that layout is wrong because the salon is bigger that street cars and the butchers/ community centre is not on a corner
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    that layout is wrong because the salon is bigger that street cars and the butchers/ community centre is not on a corner
    Not bothered about the rest of the street, just the area in front of Platt's, the factory and Kevn's garage, but the link to a photo showing it as one undelineated area was too long to include in a post and that was the best I could find with a short ink.

I think also they've got the layout at the other end of the set wrong, but Ordnance Survey are supposed to know what they're doing.
  • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the mindlessness of producing so many shows per week a quarter of the cast are always off at any given time on rest periods with people just disappearing from certain scenes that they should be involved in.
    A major incident on the street and where's Norris, Steve, Kevin, Sally, Liz, Leanne, Dev, Eileen, Jason, Maria, Mary, Eva, Tim and the Nazir's?, all on rota days off.

If I've got some names wrong my defence is being bored to my t!ts with my mind on other things with eyes glazed while I was watching it. [suffering it more like]
  • Tippy ToesTippy Toes Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    This is the mindlessness of producing so many shows per week a quarter of the cast are always off at any given time on rest periods with people just disappearing from certain scenes that they should be involved in.
    A major incident on the street and where's Norris, Steve, Kevin, Sally, Liz, Leanne, Dev, Eileen, Jason, Maria, Mary, Eva, Tim and the Nazir's?, all on rota days off.

If I've got some names wrong my defence is being bored to my t!ts with my mind on other things with eyes glazed while I was watching it. [suffering it more like]

:D:D:D

I wish there was an empathetic smiley thing., it's turning into a total snore fest. The thread is a gazillion times more entertaining than the show.

There should be a 3 line whip for weddings and funerals. I know it's not real life but it is supposed to be based on gritty realism and certain people would certainly be around for such an event.

Also going back to the wedding vows, do they actually say the lawful impediment stuff at those ceremonies? And why would Carla still use the name Connor as that was her first husband's name when she first arrived on the Street and has had countless husbands since then. Would you revert to your first married name after burying 2 subsequent husbands? I think I heard Michelle being called Connor too instead of MacDonald. But to be fair, it could easily be forgotten that they are married, they have barely been together for more than 5mins since their wedding.
  • Soapster1Soapster1 Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why were Carla and Nick selling Carla's flat but not Nick's? Why did Carla not just go back to her flat after the wedding debacle? Instead of wanting to drive off in her wedding dress with no handbag, but she had car keys. Is Carla going to Devon to live in the house Nick bought with the Bistro money? Why did Carla ask Roy to fetch his car instead of asking her Dad or Aidan to fetch theirs? Was Carla's choice of headwear really right for that dress?
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Theres been a few threads saying it wasnt right that Carla left in a taxi....Johnny drove her to where ever it was she was going....

Plus why cant the Platts blame Tony for the body under Gails bed :D

Hes dead so theres no trying to prove it...
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    :D:D:D

I think you may have something here!!!
    New Series
    Down the Pub - Behind the Scenes at Corrie
    by C T Dog

I reckon we could all chip in and do a better job than the current actual script team - happy to share the profits, dib in for rounds at the pub etc :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The annex is at the side of the house (the old garage), the truck went through the wall that used to be the garage door, which leads into the garage, now the annex.

Or once again now, the garage! ;)
  • Soapster1Soapster1 Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the Platts be able to live there again or will their house get a makeover? Gail would be fairly traumatised. Although she's a tough old bird. Nick will be grand now its all over. Back to the Bistro and find a new woman for himself.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Theres been a few threads saying it wasnt right that Carla left in a taxi....Johnny drove her to where ever it was she was going....

Plus why cant the Platts blame Tony for the body under Gails bed :D

Hes dead so theres no trying to prove it...

In real life, forensics would almost certainly connect the Platts to the killing and police would also be able to establish that he was probably murdered within the Platt home.

This being a pantomime though, it's anyone's guess what way the "investigation" will go.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »

Thanks for the link. Though looking at the map, the approach t the garage is at such an angle to the Street it should actually be difficult to get there at speed.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    In real life, forensics would almost certainly connect the Platts to the killing and police would also be able to establish that he was probably murdered within the Platt home.

This being a pantomime though, it's anyone's guess what way the "investigation" will go.

Never thought of that forgot the "Soap Police" dont see whats right in front of their noses :D Still think Tony could get the blame .
  • davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member

Correct the community centre is in between the kebab shop and Roy's and the builders yard is almost directly opposite Roy's or that is how it looks when it's shown on screen.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know when last night's episode will be available on sky catch up? Missed it last night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Never thought of that forgot the "Soap Police" dont see whats right in front of their noses :D Still think Tony could get the blame .

TBH, pinning it on Tony is the way I think it'll go. That way the Platts get to carry on as if nothing ever happened (but with the spectre of it looming over them for future storylines) and it gives them a scapegoat who can't defend himself to take the rap.

We'll probably find out that they kept the burnt out remains of Callum's car, just in case they needed to investigate further, and it'll be linked to Tony's DNA somehow. Heck, this is probably the main reason they killed Tony off (well, this and to further the Phelan story - two birds with one stone. I'll bet the scriptwriters pub was busy that night! :D)
  • Roger_PetersRoger_Peters Posts: 1,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Anyone know when last night's episode will be available on sky catch up? Missed it last night.

Don't think there was an episode last night. Next one is Monday.
    Forum Member
    TBH, pinning it on Tony is the way I think it'll go. That way the Platts get to carry on as if nothing ever happened (but with the spectre of it looming over them for future storylines) and it gives them a scapegoat who can't defend himself to take the rap.

We'll probably find out that they kept the burnt out remains of Callum's car, just in case they needed to investigate further, and it'll be linked to Tony's DNA somehow. Heck, this is probably the main reason they killed Tony off (well, this and to further the Phelan story - two birds with one stone. I'll bet the scriptwriters pub was busy that night! :D )

But isn't Jason suppose to get the blame for Cullum's murder, with David pointing the finger to save Kylie?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapster1 wrote: »
    Will the Platts be able to live there again or will their house get a makeover? Gail would be fairly traumatised. Although she's a tough old bird. Nick will be grand now its all over. Back to the Bistro and find a new woman for himself.

This ^. A few days of frowny faced angst and brain references, followed by a week of looking glum, then disappearing from the Street for a month or two (while the actor has a break), then back with a story about somehow getting the Bistro back (won't even have to change the name). After this, settle in for a good 6 months or more of whizzing around in the Bistro with bottles of wine for Table 5, then a romance with whichever female cast member who is not currently in a relationship.....

As pointed out somewhere above, he won't even have to worry about having somewhere to live, as for some inexplicable reason, only Carla's flat went on the market. Here's an idea: Carla's flat sits empty and unmentioned for months, then is bought by an attractive, single female. She pops round to Nick's to borrow a cup of sugar, Nick is instantly smitten etc etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davejc64 wrote: »
    But isn't Jason suppose to get the blame for Cullum's murder, with David pointing the finger to save Kylie?

I don't know, but as the actor is leaving, that sounds more than likely!

Of course, if he decides to come back, then they can twist it round that new "evidence" has been found, and that it was Tony after all! :D (although we will know it wasn't!)
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, but as the actor is leaving, that sounds more than likely!

Of course, if he decides to come back, then they can twist it round that new "evidence" has been found, and that it was Tony after all! :D (although we will know it wasn't!)

But Paula is also leaving so if it's not for his murder then why does she leave?
    Forum Member
    Apparently Piers Morgan is supposed to be getting a part in Corrie as a new love interest for Michelle. :D
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    But Paula is also leaving so if it's not for his murder then why does she leave?

I completely forgot about this Callum business. In another thread I suggested all this references to Freddie being a nice man were going to lead to a dark twist where he forces himself on Kylie. Nobody believes her and she decides to leave David.

But yeah, probably it will be her going to prison.
  • arr95arr95 Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think kylie will take the kids with her if she leaves but doesn't go to prison?
This discussion has been closed.