Options

Eastenders: Honey

dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
Forum Member
✭✭
Possibly one of my favourite characters in the show at the moment. The only one aside Ben that seemed to be on Jay's side from the beginning and also in comforting Louise when Phil kicked off, also unlike Billy Honey wasn't afraid to stand up to Phil either when she had to over his drinking. We've also seen her realize her past mistakes over Janet when she was first born by helping Linda over Ollie. She brought out a human and nice side to Ronnie which I thought was never going to come back. Despite all that there is still plenty of humor with her like tonight when she was talking about how lovely sex can be :D She has fitted back into the show so effortlessly as well, lets hope Sean O Connor has plans for her as I am loving having Honey back.

Comments

• Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a fantastic character. I'm so leased they brought her back, but it's just a shame her and Billy haven't had a proper storyline yet!
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honey's great! I thought when she came back she might not fit in well but it's like she'd never been away!
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    She's such a motherly sort and yet she's not afraid to stand up to the likes of Phil and Thelma. I liked the way she comforted Jay, it's just a shame he can't stay with them. I've always preferred Jay with Billy too.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honey has some brilliant lines. She's a great character.
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see her have a torrid affair with Ronnie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see her have a torrid affair with Ronnie.

Oh yes please !
  • Options
    KatEndersKatEnders Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a believable character. I like how she comforted Jay too and in a very realistic way. I hope he stays with them.
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe how enjoyable she is to watch. I hated her and her drippy ditzy personality first time round. Fast becoming one of the best characters in the show because she's well rounded and believable.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honey is a wonderful character.

Kind, strong and with a wisdom that comes from experience.

It does not hurt that Emma is stunningly beautiful either. :blush:
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Although I miss her malapropisms, :) the writers have given her more of an edge this time, hope she sticks around.
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    I was so pleased that Honey stuck up for Jay. I remember when his dad died she was the first person to take him under her wing and I was gutted when she was axed as I thought they would make a nice family.

I hope Jay stays with Billy and a Honey and Phil can drink himself to oblivion.
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Honey, always have, always will.

Thanks
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Although I've just realised a problem with Jay staying with Billy and Honey. Isn't a condition of being of the sex offenders register that you shouldn't be around Children unsupervised?
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honey is the nicest person on the square imo. Kind, moral, thoughtful, brave and a great mum, her only flaw is being with Billy.
  • Options
    AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love her! Such a fresh presence on the show :)
  • Options
    Theo RoseTheo Rose Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Easily their best female right now.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I am rather fond of Honey, I'm pleased they brought her back. I love her and Billy's family and her friendship with Ronnie.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I rolled my eyes when Honey came back but she has been fabulous for a while. And she proved her loyalty this week with Jay

Wouldn't we all love Honey as our mother? I know I would.

She is so kind, she gets involved with the drama without coming across as sticking her nose in and she isn't afraid to put Phil in his place.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only likeable Mitchell outside ofmBen and Jay
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's turning out to be one of the stronger returning characters. The last few months Honey has been really good. One of the best current Mitchells (though only through marriage).
  • Options
    Stephen_MillerStephen_Miller Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Honey's one liners are classic!

Emma Barton reminds me of a Tim Burton-esque figure, in a good way!
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - Shes been fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honey and Billy work well together.
  • Options
    Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always liked her. It's nice to have a female character that is just nice through and through.
  • Options
    babyeggbabyegg Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Although I've just realised a problem with Jay staying with Billy and Honey. Isn't a condition of being of the sex offenders register that you shouldn't be around Children unsupervised?

Another condition of being on the register is that a defendant has to have a fixed address. If they move, they must tell the court immediately otherwise they can be sent to prison. Same with regard to a job, all details of employment must be provided to the court and I would imagine now that Jay doesn't have a job. He won't be able to just sofa surf and do odd bits of work here and there.