iPod Touch: 1.1.4 software update available

Steve PearceSteve Pearce Posts: 1,022
Forum Member
✭✭✭
iTunes just alerted me, I'm in the process of downloading it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Anything new/improved?
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably not. No doubt it will just have a pop up saying "you've not got the extra apps" :D
  • andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    1.1.4 is just bug fixes only no extra features or apps just bug fixes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Updated to 1.1.4 today but not it wont let me download the January Software update. :mad: I had just decided to spend the money too.

Anyone else have this problem, or a solution to it. I actually want it more now that I cant get it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1.1.4 for the iPhone and iPod touch seems to be nothing more than bug fixes and paving the way for the upcoming SDK
  • andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    scrub wrote: »
    Updated to 1.1.4 today but not it wont let me download the January Software update. :mad: I had just decided to spend the money too.

Anyone else have this problem, or a solution to it. I actually want it more now that I cant get it.

ring Apple: 0870 876 0753 tell them what hapend they should sort you out, I have heard that sometimes they even refund the money spent on the upgrade
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich2k wrote: »
    1.1.4 for the iPhone and iPod touch seems to be nothing more than bug fixes and paving the way for the upcoming SDK

Pardon my ignorance... SDK? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Software Development Kit - it allows third party companies to write their own software for the iPhone/Touch
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah.. ta!

Doesn't sound like anything I'll be bothered with!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scrub wrote: »

I had this problem but didn't want the upgrade. Disconnect from the internet before loading itunes and you won't get the advert offering you the update. Connect again then go to the itunes shop and buy it from there. (I'd personally hold off from buying it as once the SDK becomes available you'll probably be able to get the gadgets for free ;) )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I had this problem but didn't want the upgrade. Disconnect from the internet before loading itunes and you won't get the advert offering you the update. Connect again then go to the itunes shop and buy it from there. (I'd personally hold off from buying it as once the SDK becomes available you'll probably be able to get the gadgets for free ;) )

you have to set up the ipod as new, do not click the back up settings, set music to sync not manual load of music and then do a restore by holding down the two buttons till it goes into recovery mode. All this while connected to itunes, then restore to 1.1.4 and then finally it lets you buy the apps!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just downloaded 1.1.4 and got "error 1604" whatever that means. iPod froze and I've had to restore it.

Bloody Apple.