o2 home landline from today 1st April 2010

It was apparently announced to their staff only 10 minutes ago.

I was on the line re another matter, casually asked if they had a date for commencement of landlines and the announcement was just coming through to them. I believe you can go ahead and order now.

Comments

• MrOstentatiousMrOstentatious Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was apparently announced to their staff only 10 minutes ago.

I was on the line re another matter, casually asked if they had a date for commencement of landlines and the announcement was just coming through to them. I believe you can go ahead and order now.

Will they change you from Virgin to o2?? So you don't have to sign upto BT for 12 months??
  • Anne-SophieAnne-Sophie Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    No idea, you will have to ask them.
    Forum Member
    o2 have just confirmed that the exact start date for Home phones is not yet known, but it will be during April.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Note that you have to be an O2 broadband customer to get it. Doesn't look like you can get the phone service on its own.
  • dazpotdazpot Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    I've just spoke to O2 this morning about a broadband problem which they soted in no time, say the o2 home phone should be available by the end of April.

Daz
  • Inge JonesInge Jones Posts: 11,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have my broadband contract with be*, I wonder if they will be offering this service too?
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure it just says on the website and when I rang them that o2 brodband customers can get o2 home phone from £9.50 a month
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazpot wrote: »
    I'm not sure it just says on the website and when I rang them that o2 brodband customers can get o2 home phone from £9.50 a month

That £9.50 - what exactly is that ? - just line rental ? :confused:
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    That £9.50 - what exactly is that ? - just line rental ? :confused:

Line rental and evening weekend calls. The £12.50 deal is much better http://broadband.o2.co.uk/telesales/homephone/broadband.jsp
  • madnesmadnes Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was told by an O2 rep it would 1st May 10
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snarks wrote: »
    Note that you have to be an O2 broadband customer to get it. Doesn't look like you can get the phone service on its own.

Aint that stating the obvious ? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    An O2 rep just called and said the landline service is available anytime I want it. For £12.50 you get inclusive anytime calls, plus calls to some international numbers. The rep did mention something about a 12-month rolling contract which I didn't know about - I thought it was just an initial 12-month contract and then free to leave any time after that.
  • iniltousiniltous Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its an OK price, but if you want caller display and a call minder type service its extra ££ and that makes the price nothing special, and the service itself is just BT wholesale resold, so service exactly the same as BT (and others), yet the level of anticipation is remarkable
    Forum Member
    Ok, it's done!!

I've signed up to have my home phone line through o2 and it should be ready to go on 7th May.

Maybe it won't be that much cheaper than having the line through BT, but I won't be faffing about using over-ride codes to get cheap calls.

Also I have always received excellent customer support from o2 24/7 so I have confidence this will continue.

Time will tell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Received my sorry to your leaving letter from BT. All going good with O2, BT advised I am switching as of the 7th May.
    Forum Member
    My o2 home phone also goes live on the 14th of may 2010 bye bye bt.

Daz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madnes wrote: »
    Received my sorry to your leaving letter from BT. All going good with O2, BT advised I am switching as of the 7th May.

Email and txt received this morning. Phone service with O2. BT will still be billing me for calls today and O2 will start from the billing from tomorrow.

CEO team @ BT confirmed no early termination charges will be billed for by BT.

At last I am way from BT - Never to return!!