Belamadena Spain

2»

Comments

• Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dzień Dobry Toby,
    Krakow, another place that I haven't been to for years, but a fascinating city.
    I went with my then girlfriend, Jadwiga, but I digress, and wander off thread.
    It would seem that we're both a bit more discerning than most, but I think that I maybe asked for Larry's gently scathing remarks, I must try to think before typing in future.
    Your input on the other hand seemed more humorous than down putting to my mind, I find that your posts are well worth a read, on most subjects.
    If you are ever in Valencia, try Burdeos in Love, despite the name, (Burdeos means Bordeaux in Spanish), it is very much a Spanish restaurant.
    We went there because I have family in Bordeaux, and thought that it might be French influenced, but it's authentically Spanish.
    Please God it's still there, I can't remember our last visit, other than it was on a New Year's Eve.
    Sto Lat!
    Cheers JF.
    I'm pretty sure that Larry, you and I could enjoy a friendly beer and a plate of "perogi z mięsem " together without chucking it over each other. :)

Unless it was in .......... a bluddy Brit bar!! :o
    :D

Edit:
    Burdeos in Love is renamed - see review no5
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187529-d1466529-Reviews-Mar_4-Valencia_Valencia_Province_Valencian_Country.html#REVIEWS
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all really looking forward to tomorrow.
  • briancbbbriancbb Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    @ jazzyjazzy
    Lori and Michael who bought the place, have maintained it's friendly nature.
  • Larry_KirstenLarry_Kirsten Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    briancbb wrote: »
    A quiet bar, for older people, is Toms Tavern opposite the Rui Nautilus hotel, just into Torresmolinos. 1.50 for a coffe and a very large brandy!

It's not a bad place, but heaven forbid if you sit in a seat that's 'reserved' for the regulars!! ;)

Blimey Larry!
    I have a different view to you and so does JF, so I'm sniping at you and JF is a snob?
    It's a discussion forum.
    Here's my advice:
    Avoid Brit Pubs (unless you spot your favourite beer and fancy one) and if you see locals eating at a local restaurant get in there and try and order in Spanish.
    The owners will appreciate your custom and your efforts.

And that's not a snipe it's good advice wherever you travel.

I just returned from Kracow. We tried to order every drink and meal in Polish and probably slaughtered the language but the waiting staff laughed and helped us to pronounce properly. It's part of the fun.

DId that, and got laughed at a bit, but got more help than laughing. If you use their wi-fi, the google translate is pretty good for the trickier bits. :)
    WIfe is learning Spanish as we intend to live over there so it's all good practice. :)
    Cheers JF.
    I'm pretty sure that Larry, you and I could enjoy a friendly beer and a plate of "perogi z mięsem " together without chucking it over each other. :)

Unless it was in .......... a bluddy Brit bar!! :o
    :D

I have Polish neighbours and get to enjoy a lot of their food, but perogi is'nt one of my favourites. But they do a fantastic golabki '(pigeon', but not pigeon if you know what I mean). Try it if you ever get the chance, it's lovely. :)
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have Polish neighbours and get to enjoy a lot of their food, but perogi is'nt one of my favourites. But they do a fantastic golabki '(pigeon', but not pigeon if you know what I mean). Try it if you ever get the chance, it's lovely. :)
    I was so intent on trying perogi, Polish "dumplings", that I'd heard so much about that I ordered them first chance.
    When they arrived I looked at my wife and said "That's ravioli - and a lot if it!"

I hope your Spanish dream comes true. If they have Polish bars you'll know what's good and what's not. :)
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP will be have a great time in Benalmadena weather wise - it is quite hot with wall to wall sunshine all day. :D:D:D
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP isn't going to Belamadena for Spanish authenticity. It's very much a dated fry-up and karaoke place with tragically bad tribute acts. Has a nice marina though with at least some modernisation. I hear the 24 hours square there is nothing short of an empty ghetto now.

Old Town Marbella is the best place down there. Vibrant, clean and International.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    The OP will be have a great time in Benalmadena weather wise - it is quite hot with wall to wall sunshine all day. :D:D:D

Apart from tomorrow when they've forecast rain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from tomorrow when they've forecast rain.

Don't believe everything you read on the weather forecast - they said it would rain today and it has been beautiful all day. We read that driving over here we would have rain all the way - not seen any yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP isn't going to Belamadena for Spanish authenticity. It's very much a dated fry-up and karaoke place with tragically bad tribute acts. Has a nice marina though with at least some modernisation. I hear the 24 hours square there is nothing short of an empty ghetto now.

Old Town Marbella is the best place down there. Vibrant, clean and International.

You hear but not see :) We have the best park in Europe (official) - some great Spanish restaurants but if Karaoke and bad tribute bands are your thing then yes you will find them but you will find bad parts of Marbella.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gangsters-costa-del-sol-turf-4255213