Options

The Simon Cowell Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

1939495969799»

Comments

• Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump

What do we think then ladies was it a neck lift instead of bronchitis :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/weird-celeb-news/simon-jowl-does-tell-tale-plaster-hide-904743

At least he's not had to grow that bloody beard again to hide it this time :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    DE53 wrote: »
    Bump

What do we think then ladies was it a neck lift instead of bronchitis :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/weird-celeb-news/simon-jowl-does-tell-tale-plaster-hide-904743

At least he's not had to grow that bloody beard again to hide it this time :p

Under the 'What did happen' section of the article...I vote for 'he slipped and cut himself, while admiring himself in the mirror'.

Seriously, I don't know why he doesn't just admit to the neck lifts. He admits to everything else and he's not fooling anyone. It's not even a believable excuse. Shaving?? Who shaves behind their ears?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kakieanne wrote: »
    Under the 'What did happen' section of the article...I vote for 'he slipped and cut himself, while admiring himself in the mirror'.

Seriously, I don't know why he doesn't just admit to the neck lifts. He admits to everything else and he's not fooling anyone. It's not even a believable excuse. Shaving?? Who shaves behind their ears?

I think the problem is that he always used to say that surgery looked ridiculous on men. To be fair, i suppose there are very few people who actually admit to having work done.

What i don't understand is why the work isn't making more of a difference, at least in the short term. Whatever he has done over the past few years, it has not made him look any better or younger. It's just incredibly vain of him. He's approaching 53, nobody is watching him for his looks anyway. I don't "fancy" him as much as i used to and it's nothing to do with age, but i'm still attracted to his humour and complex personality. His looks are just becoming a bit strange at times due to all this work.

Simon is a really nice guy from what i can tell, i just wish he would age naturally because it is not going to turn anyone off of him or his shows one bit.
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kakieanne wrote: »

Seriously, I don't know why he doesn't just admit to the neck lifts. He admits to everything else and he's not fooling anyone. It's not even a believable excuse. Shaving?? Who shaves behind their ears?[/QUOTE]

You can see the stitches for gods sake who shaves like that except SweeneyTodd :p
    MICH78 wrote: »
    I think the problem is that he always used to say that surgery looked ridiculous on men. To be fair, i suppose there are very few people who actually admit to having work done.

What i don't understand is why the work isn't making more of a difference, at least in the short term. Whatever he has done over the past few years, it has not made him look any better or younger. It's just incredibly vain of him. He's approaching 53, nobody is watching him for his looks anyway. I don't "fancy" him as much as i used to and it's nothing to do with age, but i'm still attracted to his humour and complex personality. His looks are just becoming a bit strange at times due to all this work.

Simon is a really nice guy from what i can tell, i just wish he would age naturally because it is not going to turn anyone off of him or his shows one bit.

I don't understand that either he looks quite rough in that picture IMO and he dosen't look neat and tidy around the neck area as i would expect. I can't see it being medical behind his ears. Maybe he thinks people are watching him for his looks and he has to compete given the areas he works in. Being a chain smoker has no doubt taken its toll on his skin as well. I don't think age has anything to do with fanciability in many cases. I remember watching the Voice :o and thinking Tom Jones was quite fanciable now he is older and grey but i didn't find him the slightest bit attractive when he was younger :o
  • Options
    Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bumped into Simon's mother Julie browsing in the local hardware shop. She lives in the same area as me. She's such a sweet lady and enjoys a chat. She didn't say anything about Simon, she was telling me all about her dog, a very cute Yorkshire Terrier who is named Max after her friend Max Clifford.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bumped into Simon's mother Julie browsing in the local hardware shop. She lives in the same area as me. She's such a sweet lady and enjoys a chat. She didn't say anything about Simon, she was telling me all about her dog, a very cute Yorkshire Terrier who is named Max after her friend Max Clifford.

That's nice to hear, Julie really does seem like a lovely person. You never hear a bad word said about her or Simon, from people who actually meet them.

On another note, how lame of The Mirror to use this as an excuse to talk about the alleged 'neck lift' again. If Simon wanted to avoid the paps and was being 'camera shy', he wouldn't draw even more attention to himself by arriving on a scooter! :rolleyes:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/simon-cowell-turns-camera-shy-944891

Good on him though, whatever happens this season, he seems to be enjoying himself at the moment.

Hope he's off on his annual cruise soon. I think the Seacrest family will need rescuing from the monotony of cruising with Mckenna :D
  • Options
    vanillalimevanillalime Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Thanks for sharing, Moll Flanders. It's very nice to hear that Julie is doing well. :)
    MICH78 wrote: »
    Hope he's off on his annual cruise soon. I think the Seacrest family will need rescuing from the monotony of cruising with Mckenna :D

For reasons I can't quite explain, I find it endlessly amusing that Paul McKenna, who is supposedly Simon's BFF (according to Tom Bower's Wonderful Words of Wit and Wisdom anyway) keeps popping up around Ryan. He was at the Idol finale, the Rock of Ages premiere, and now is vacationing in Europe with him.

I hope Simon isn't jealous. And if he is, exactly which one is he jealous of? ;)