Options

Lark Rise to Candleford: The Series 4 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the story is fiction and the characters are not real, but the camera doesn't film or show us something that is not, in some sense, there.

For example, an ease/comfortableness exists between Laura and Dorcas on camera. I don't believe we would sense that if JS and OH were both screaming and hollering at each other after the camera stopped rolling. So the fun/laughs the actors share behind the camera comes through subtly in front of the camera.

Makes sense?:)

i believe julia when she said they all get on so the subject i am speaking of here is not lark rise

but think about other films in which people get on because their in character but in real life might hate each other

i know you are trying to say that a good relationship between actors in visible to the audience because of some vibe they are sending off
    and i do too think that

but i do think that a talented actor can make you believe anything
    you see good relationships that arent there and it those cases the camera does lie
  • Options
    Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyrsten wrote: »
    when she first joined it was the subject of many debates
    then everyone realise it's really her and stopped

but almost every time someone knew joined it was like "i dont believe it's really her"

i just hate how many times julia's had to prove herself
    it makes me sad :cry::cry:

Well all i can say is its good of her too share sometime with fans of the show on this forum. I can't imagine many actors doing the same.:D I have an even greater respect for her for that.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    when she first joined it was the subject of many debates
    then everyone realise it's really her and stopped

but almost every time someone knew joined it was like "i dont believe it's really her"

i just hate how many times julia's had to prove herself
    it makes me sad :cry::cry:

Ah, don't feel sad, it's quite understandable for people not to believe, I mean people don't believe in faeries, how mad is that!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well all i can say is its good of her too share sometime with fans of the show on this forum. I can't imagine many actors doing the same.:D I have an even greater respect for her for that.:)

yeah she rocks
    she also kinda takes advice from us a bit

im not proud of this but last series on the board i kinda made some comments about the way dorcas speaks (hush tone)
    which was pretty rude
    but never the less she said they thought of that while filming and tried to do it less

no actors do that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angelheart wrote: »
    Ah, don't feel sad, it's quite understandable for people not to believe, I mean people don't believe in faeries, how mad is that!!!

yeah
    some people dont believe in magic at all

which is messed up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member

Its crazyyyyyyyyyyy! Every one knows that they exist;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yeah she rocks
    she also kinda takes advice from us a bit

im not proud of this but last series on the board i kinda made some comments about the way dorcas speaks (hush tone)
    which was pretty rude
    but never the less she said they thought of that while filming and tried to do it less

no actors do that

It wasn't rude. I noticed myself doing it on the last ep though, damn it, I thought, that Krysten will be off on one tomorrow!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MRose:) wrote: »

;););)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dorcas Lane

I'm convinced, will miss the show when it finishes and especially the dresses. I hope your next project is just as good.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LarkRiser wrote: »
    Poor Angelheart is probably wishing the board would stay down so she can get her script read!

*...secretly hoping the script is for Downton Abbey...* ;)

Ahh I wonder if she would play a servant... or a lady?!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love fairy lore! Been reading up on it for when I'm out in the English countryside this spring. :D There is an author who has written some excellent books on the subject with historical and modern accounts of encounters, her name is Janet Bord.

I know, sounds mad, but these stories had to get their start from somewhere!

Angelheart, you live in the heart of some good fairy lore country!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't rude. I noticed myself doing it on the last ep though, damn it, I thought, that Krysten will be off on one tomorrow!:eek:

no
    i've been trying to be good this series
    im not sayin a bad thing

see i've got this thing going in my head to watch what i say because i want you to like me'

so everything you've done is amazing :)

and it was rude
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thinking about it angleheart......you should totally read childrens books!!! Your voice would be perfect.:) Have you ever done audiobook thingys?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i've got fairies outside my window right now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking about it angleheart......you should totally read childrens books!!! Your voice would be perfect.:) Have you ever done audiobook thingys?

she already has
    i've got one on my ipod
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member

Hahahaha!!! Krysten you have ARRIVED girl!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was'nt there a famous picture taken around the time of the first world war of fairies. The story was made into a movie. They obviously had evidence then.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why does everyone keep switching the y and r?

my name is right on the left
    just copy :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I love fairy lore! Been reading up on it for when I'm out in the English countryside this spring. :D There is an author who has written some excellent books on the subject with historical and modern accounts of encounters, her name is Janet Bord.

!

Hello how is the itinery coming along? I think the Bords were at the Fortean Times UnConvention I went to one year when I lived in London. I really hope the weather is reasonable for your trip; although some places look more dramatic in rain, Bath is at its best with the sun reflecting off the light stone buildings and Wiltshire fields in the mud are an acquired taste!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love fairy lore! Been reading up on it for when I'm out in the English countryside this spring. :D
    You make it sound like England is one lovely fairy garden....I like that thought. I do love our "english countryside:)"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahaha!!! Krysten you have ARRIVED girl!! :D:D:D

DA tada :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    why does everyone keep switching the y and r?

my name is right on the left
    just copy :D:D

Sorry Kyrsten, we must all be cross-eyed faeries! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    she already has
    i've got one on my ipod

What story?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah
    some people dont believe in magic at all

which is messed up

I do i wished our Prime Minister would leave goverment. And what happened he annouced he was leaving the other day all magic comes true if you believe.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I ask...Larkriser or Angelheart...or anyone else...

I thought I saw teeth last night...did anyone else? was that THE teeth or are there more pearly whites to come?
This discussion has been closed.