Fringe picked up for fifth and final season

JOEL WYMAN ‏ @JWFRINGE
OFFICIALLY PICKED UP FOR 13 EPISODES! Our team thanks FOX/WB and our INCREDIBLE fans for their support. JHW/JP/AG

http://youtu.be/gvWqOZL8JXA

[news]'Fringe' renewed for fifth and final season[/news]

Comments

• AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am soooooooooooooo happy! Im so glad we'll get a proper ending, they have lots to wrap up and 13 episodes seems like a good amount, as long as they cut out pretty much all the filler thats been in other series' then this could be the best one yet, just have 13 solid episodes tying (tieing?) up all thats been left open.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    You beat to it ! Great new :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I am soooooooooooooo happy! Im so glad we'll get a proper ending, they have lots to wrap up and 13 episodes seems like a good amount, as long as they cut out pretty much all the filler thats been in other series' then this could be the best one yet, just have 13 solid episodes tying (tieing?) up all thats been left open.

I think most stuff is gonna be tied up by ep22 of this season, i think season 5 is gonna take a new route and continue the story in 2039 as per EP19 this week. Its all assumptions but thats how i read into it anyway.

Its great news and a relief, many of us here had faith it would be renewed but the jitters were setting in I think.
  • DxfatassDxfatass Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cool: :cool: :cool:
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good News. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    News just in, Fringe has been renewed for a final season consisting of 13 episodes which will take it up to a total of 100 episodes. Now the story can finish properly:):)
  • JayJay Posts: 244
    Administrator
    This makes me very, very happy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Good news (and i somehow knew that it would be Geordielady who would break the news ;) ), although i've had a feeling that it'd get a fifth season this year. I wasn't all doom and gloom like last year, haha.

Hopefully it's 13 episodes focused purely on the main arc, although considering that they'll not be bothered about attracting casual viewers next year i see no reason why they wouldnt just focus on making the fans happy with these final 13 episodes. I'm very pleased it's going to get a proper ending (and hopefully a chance to redeem itself for the mostly naff fourth season) :D
  • AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news and a brilliant series.
  • dtglayerdtglayer Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Fantastic news #FringeRenewed trending worldwide.
    That now means J.J Abrams will get his dream to direct an episode of Fringe.Also John Noble must get an Emmy!
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    Finally! Good stuff.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sooooooooooooooo happy! Yes! How can I go to bed now, I'm too excited! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Good news (and i somehow knew that it would be Geordielady who would break the news ;) ), although i've had a feeling that it'd get a fifth season this year. I wasn't all doom and gloom like last year, haha.

Hopefully it's 13 episodes focused purely on the main arc, although considering that they'll not be bothered about attracting casual viewers next year i see no reason why they wouldnt just focus on making the fans happy with these final 13 episodes. I'm very pleased it's going to get a proper ending (and hopefully a chance to redeem itself for the mostly naff fourth season) :D

Well as Joel contacted me directly I had to be the first to know ;):p

And i agree no more filler just want 13 intense episodes on the main storyline like one big, long movie:)
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good news indeed
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YAY!!:D

Lets hope its all thriller and no filler this time!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awesome news :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think most stuff is gonna be tied up by ep22 of this season, i think season 5 is gonna take a new route and continue the story in 2039 as per EP19 this week. Its all assumptions but thats how i read into it anyway.

Its great news and a relief, many of us here had faith it would be renewed but the jitters were setting in I think.

I'd love a whole series based in 2039.
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    fox gets it right for once. :)
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in the words of Daniel Bryan. 'Yes Yes Yes'
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    fox gets it right for once. :)

if they were then it wouldn't be cancelled or at least be 22

I am happy with 13 episodes though
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I'm behind on Fringe, only just finished Season 2 off LoveFilm but it really is a brilliant show. Very happy they have a half-length season to finish everything up, cos my friend was saying the other day that he thought Season 4 felt very rushed because they weren't sure if they would get a Season 5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    I'd love a whole series based in 2039.

Well its likely thats gonna happen reading betwween the lines of various articles and tweets by the showruners.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daclick wrote: »
    in the words of Daniel Bryan. 'Yes Yes Yes'

I was going to say that lol

Excellent way to start a day! I would expect Georgina Haig to be confirmed as either a reccuring guest star or regular next season.

It goes to show if the fans are passionate(like with Chuck & Fringe) enough, the numbers don't always mean the end!

Congrates to everyone involved!
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its likely thats gonna happen reading betwween the lines of various articles and tweets by the showruners.

Cool. I hope Simon/Desmond gets out of the amber for it. It would be nice to see him again.

Presumably the final few episodes of series 4 will resolve how Olivia will make her way to 2036 but I wonder if we will be seeing Lincoln.