Options

iPods cutting off song! Help!

I've got a really weird problem which I hope someone can help with.

I recently downloaded the Lightspeed Champion album from iTunes but on the track "Dry Lips" the song abruptly cuts off with 55 seconds to go on both my 30GB iPod AND my wife's brand new 8GB Nano.

However, the song plays in its entirety if I play it through iTunes, either through the library or the iPods.

I cannot understand this. Why would both iPods not play the song fully when attached to headphones but will play it properly through iTunes???? :confused:

Can anyone help? I have sent a mesaage to Apple's support but I'm not confident of a quick reply.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rosalynnrosalynn Posts: 4,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem on my 80GB iPod, and it always seems to be the last track on my playlist, so I normally chuck on a song I don't like as much afterwards. You might need to recopy the original song on.

I might be wrong as I haven't really looked into the problem properly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ipods are notorious for doing this.

Ive had many songs, not just on playlists, that will play the first 10 seconds or so, then just stop - but the actual mp3 file is fine when played on the PC (including thru iTunes).

One of the files in question I even wiped completely and downloaded again, same problem.

Don't know the solution - well I do - get a Creative Zen (proper mp3 player!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so happy I 'm not the sort of person who technology dislikes. It must be hell.
  • Options
    MootilMootil Posts: 3,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, it refuses to play 3/5 fallout boy songs and cuts a few songs off half way through. GRRRRRR. Anyway to stop this?
  • Options
    dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    probably a factory reset of the ipod, but this would mean wiping all of the tracks.. most likely the files have become corrupted to the ipod
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok i must be the only one who doesnt have trouble like this! OP: Is it a problem with the song itself? Play it on your PC and see.
  • Options
    †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My iPod did this to an entire album.

I just re-copied it and it works fine now.
  • Options
    DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had some on my iPod do that before. I had one which would not play at all! It would either be selected or i would select it, then it would just move to the next song :eek:
  • Options
    †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think mine has done that before as well!

I guess they're fussy sometimes :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine did that for a week, and it's suddenly fine again. Not great advice, sorry :)