Under The Dome & The Returned

kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone know if/when next series of either, or both, Under the Dome and The Returned are due in UK?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Under The Dome will be later summer/September time. The Returned started shooting late last year, so probably Winter 2015/early 2016.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK - I'd hoped they'd be sooner than that, but better late than never!

Thank you info.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise that under the dome had been renewed.

Really pleased as it's a pretty decent showshow

The returned had me hooked for the first few episodes and I then went away to Egypt for 3 weeks and just never got back into it.

Is it worth while starting again and watching all the way from the start.?
    Forum Member
    The returned had me hooked for the first few episodes and I then went away to Egypt for 3 weeks and just never got back into it.

I loved it, and found it definitely worth watching. But some had issues with the fact the series finale solved almost no mysteries, and left several questions.

If you can handle the lack of resolution, definitely watch it, if you don't think you can, perhaps don't bother.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't realise that under the dome had been renewed.

Really pleased as it's a pretty decent showshow

The first season was entertaining nonsense but the second was terrible. I won't be returning for the third.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,918
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed both series of Under The Dome, although the first was definitely better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed both series of Under The Dome, although the first was definitely better.[/QUOTE]

Probably (or possibly?) because the first series was based on Stephen King's book. It was only intended to be the one series, but proved popular enough to continue as tv series, but presumably series 2 & 3 have been written by different writers.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    I enjoyed both series of Under The Dome, although the first was definitely better.[/QUOTE]

Probably (or possibly?) because the first series was based on Stephen King's book. It was only intended to be the one series, but proved popular enough to continue as tv series, but presumably series 2 & 3 have been written by different writers.

Pretty much the only things Season 1 took from the book was the idea of the Dome over the town and the names of characters.

If it had followed the plot of the book there couldn't have been a season 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »

Pretty much the only things Season 1 took from the book was the idea of the Dome over the town and the names of characters.

If it had followed the plot of the book there couldn't have been a season 2.

True, but when it started there was never any intention of having a series 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just realised that when I started this thread I should have said Resurrection not The Returned - doh :(

In case anyone is interested, Resurrection (think that's the right name) is due to return sometime in March.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I think they will give UTD a final season to finish the story off.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    I think they will give UTD a final season to finish the story off.

There is no way they could spin it out a 4th series. Just wrap the story up and be done with it
    Forum Member
    There is no way they could spin it out a 4th series. Just wrap the story up and be done with it

This is America, for CBS to make money it has to run for 8 seasons.

I shit you not, CBS make big money when it reaches 88 episodes, which should be about it's eighth season.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yes, I would say its worth starting again and rewatching
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,918
    Forum Member

If the ratings are good enough they will find a way.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Air dates for US shows in the UK -

http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True, but when it started there was never any intention of having a series 2.

Really? I find that highly doubtful.
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Air dates for US shows in the UK -

http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/

Thank you very interesting reading
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    This is America, for CBS to make money it has to run for 8 seasons.

I shit you not, CBS make big money when it reaches 88 episodes, which should be about it's eighth season.
    Isn't that because it maximises the show's syndication value or something like that?