Is 75 minutes an insult?

123457»

Comments

• James_VickJames_Vick Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted the trailer weeks ago. We didn't get it. That isn't Moffats fault

If you read what I said probally you'd see I said Moffat/the BBC so yes I know it's not entirely his fault, but he's the show run, publicity is part of his so-called job
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I smell a massive tr*lll

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    No offence but the last thing this forum needs is someone picking up the mantle of 'Habitual Moffat Basher 2013'. Its all been said and done a 1000 times before. We are now in the celebration month. Yes. Nothing has been perfect. But now lets enjoy what is on offer eh? We don't need every thread dragged down with 'Moffat is evil! This isn't the 50th!' posts every five minutes.

This is the Fiftieth. Its looking great. The fact it might not be the episode you wanted is irrelevant.

Careful there Saladfingers. You're beginning to sound like a BBC agent :p

Welcome back to the happiness patrol. Enjoy the ride :)
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    I smell a massive tr*lll

They really are so transparent and obvious aren't they?
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Doctor Who fandom everybody. A fandom hasn't been this self-destructive since the Phantom Menace was released upon the world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Doctor Who fandom everybody. A fandom hasn't been this self-destructive since the Phantom Menace was released upon the world.

:D:D:D your sir are a genius, that's actually a pretty accurate comparison
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Careful there Saladfingers. You're beginning to sound like a BBC agent :p

Welcome back to the happiness patrol. Enjoy the ride :)

Look. I have made my peace for the most part that i didn't get what I wanted promo wise. Its done. Now we are in the final weeks even I can suck it up and just enjoy it. Of course myself and others like Granny may have complained about lack of content but that's because we love it. We love the show. I for the most part love love love Moffat. I think hes brilliant. That trailer was godlike. I am so excited for the special its insane. I think it will be amazing. So while I am at times a malcontent I would like to distance myself from those that mindlessly slag off the writers and actors and content and maintain silly positions like 'This isn't the fiftieth'. They are not my sort of people. They are not my sort of fans. They are certainly something but I shan't say it on here out of politeness and courtesy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    I smell a massive tr*lll

If your referring too me I'm not a troll, just a passionate fan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James_Vick wrote: »
    :D:D:D your sir are a genius, that's actually a pretty accurate comparison

I'm nor sure you quite took that post in the intended spirit did you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That trailer was godlike.

HAHAHAHA that trailer that didn't contain any actual footage from the 8th anniversary was god-like HAHAHA if you say so.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fn36l_z3WY ;)
    Forum Member
    Look. I have made my peace for the most part that i didn't get what I wanted promo wise. Its done. Now we are in the final weeks even I can suck it up and just enjoy it. Of course myself and others like Granny may have complained about lack of content but that's because we love it. We love the show. I for the most part love love love Moffat. I think hes brilliant. That trailer was godlike. I am so excited for the special its insane. I think it will be amazing. So while I am at times a malcontent I would like to distance myself from those that mindlessly slag off the writers and actors and content and maintain silly positions like 'This isn't the fiftieth'. They are not my sort of people. They are not my sort of fans. They are certainly something but I shan't say it on here out of politeness and courtesy.

Fair enough :) For what it's worth not everything has gone the way I would have hoped this year either, but for me it's just a case of making the best of what we do have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HAHAHAHA that trailer that didn't contain any actual footage from the 8th anniversary was god-like HAHAHA if you say so.

And yet it contained alot of stuff from Classic Who which you say there has been a lack of. But you criticise it for lacking footage from Moffats New Who which you have said you don't like.

You are all over the place! F -
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough :) For what it's worth not everything has gone the way I would have hoped this year either, but for me it's just a case of making the best of what we do have.

Always look on the bright side of life~ *tuneful whistle*
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Back to my earlier statement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm nor sure you quite took that post in the intended spirit did you?

not sure what you mean. But that compassion was spot on I'm felling the same way about the Day of the Doctor as I do about the Phantom Menace, hopefully Moffat will prove me wrong but it's not looking very likely :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Indeed. And you have put a sterling counter point to my complaining every time. I will never fully agree. I admit at times i was thinking impatiently and greedily. I cant lie. It was so annoying to think that trailer was out there and had been viewed by human eyes and yet not mine. Still stings. But hey ho. Its going to be quite some five-six weeks in DW fandom before another drought sets in so party poppers out! Glasses raised! And t*olls banished to the mountains!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not sure what you mean. But that compassion was spot on I'm felling the same way about the Day of the Doctor as I do about the Phantom Menace, hopefully Moffat will prove me wrong but it's not looking very likely :(

So you hated the Phantom Menace before you even walked in the cinema based on nothing whatsoever except for one brilliant (if deceptive) trailer and the fact Lando wasn't in it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And yet it contained alot of stuff from Classic Who which you say there has been a lack of. But you criticise it for lacking footage from Moffats New Who which you have said you don't like.

I never said I didn't like New Who I just said I didn't like Moffat there is a difference.
    Also I'm complain about a lack of classic Doctors and companions in the 50th itself not in a stupid 1 and a half minute trailer that contain no footage for said 50th
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. And you have put a sterling counter point to my complaining every time. I will never fully agree. I admit at times i was thinking impatiently and greedily. I cant lie. It was so annoying to think that trailer was out there and had been viewed by human eyes and yet not mine. Still stings. But hey ho. Its going to be quite some five-six weeks in DW fandom before another drought sets in so party poppers out! Glasses raised! And t*olls banished to the mountains!

Meh, I'm pretty sure we ALL have been through that stage regrading the trailer. For some it lasted longer than others. But no matter - we're in the Final Chase segment of Moffat's game now, so let's just enjoy this ride while we can! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you hated the Phantom Menace before you even walked in the cinema based on nothing whatsoever except for one brilliant (if deceptive) trailer and the fact Lando wasn't in it?

No, if you actual listened to what I said, I said I was hopeful as in I'm still somewhat looking forward to it but it wasn't looking good, I was actual looking forward to the Phantom Menace.

I didn't like Lando so I wasn't bother that he wasn't in it :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, if you actual listened to what I said, I said I was hopeful as in I'm still somewhat looking forward to it but it wasn't looking good, I was actual looking forward to the Phantom Menace.

I didn't like Lando so I wasn't bother that he wasn't in it :p

Fair enough. Still a bit confused but lets hope you enjoy the episode. I would implore you to go in with an open mind and accept you probably wont see the classic doctors you want. You might enjoy it more then. All we can hope for is a great story.

and lets hope its no Phantom Menance. I have no fear it will be. I was actually looking forward to that as well and the pre release hype and the trailer gave no reason not to be. It was a shock when we walked out I must say (although my views on it have softened with time but that's for another thread)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would implore you to go in with an open mind and accept you probably wont see the classic doctors you want.

I will never accept that, as I've said it's the 50th not the 8th
    Forum Member
    And that's the second time today that I've seen the "godlike" trailer. Although slow to start I think the buildup this month is going to be immense :)