Options

Itunes error 13010

Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Itunes 8 has been working fine for me until tonight. Suddenly now when I try to open itunes I get a message saying Error 13010, and iTunes can't open. How do I resolve this problem?

I am using Windows XP.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,928
    Forum Member
    i take no responsibility for the following method as i have only seen it posted at apple discussions (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8385636)

1 - Stop any existing itunes.exe and ituneshelper.exe applications running - you can use Windows Task Manager to do this (press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time to start task manager). In Windows Task Manager click on the Processes tab, select any itunes.exe or ituneshelper.exe instances running and click end process in the bottom right corner.

2 - Delete the "iTunes Library Genius" (.itdb) file from C:\Documents and settings\yourUsername\My Documents\My Music\iTunes folder (or just My Music\iTunes.

3 - Start iTunes again, it will recreate the genius file you just deleted, and this time it won't crash every time you try to start iTunes!