Options

Help please with new puppy

2»

Comments

• Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. These replies have convinced my mum to take him now. We are just leaving.

Thank you.

To quote myself as on a new page.
  • Options
    modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's always curious how on these threads, as soon as the OP doesn't hear what s/he wants to hear, the problem is suddenly not their own but their relative's or friend's.

Funny that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    modeyink wrote: »
    It's always curious how on these threads, as soon as the OP doesn't hear what s/he wants to hear, the problem is suddenly not their own but their relative's or friend's.

Funny that.

Hmmmm. Anyone else have a Vets open on a sunday apart from emergencies?
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Funny that.
    I don't really care.

There are undoubtedly WUMs and attention-seekers on these forums and occasionally I may respond to something that isn't true, is total make-believe. But I take stuff at face value (unless it looks really absurd) and I respond on the basis that it may be true and, if it is, the time I and others take to respond may help someone or something.

If a member gets their kicks by posting untrue scenarios then they've got bigger problems than I have so I'm not going to begrudge the few minutes of my time that I've spent answering them. They're the pillocks, not me.

But I should say that I think this is a genuine situation; I do believe Fizzle and believe there's a pup who does need veterinary attention. And now he's getting it. :)
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member

Funny that.

I hate posters like you who try and twist posters into knots by investigating their posts so thoroughly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Guys, please don't think I'm a WUM. I've been a member for a couple of years and lurked for years before that, I have never ever started a wind up thread and I would not joke about something like this.

I convinced my mum to ring the vets, they could see us right away. The vet took his temperature and diagnosed gastroenteritis. The blood was from him having constipation and diarrhoea together. We've got to give him 0.5ml of antibiotics twice a day. Also some special food.

I would like to thank the posters who convicted us to take him. And to the ones that think this is a wind up, it's not.
  • Options
    AbsolutelyAbsolutely Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very pleased to hear that your little puppy got his meds, and hope he/she will improve soon. And good on you taking him/her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys, please don't think I'm a WUM. I've been a member for a couple of years and lurked for years before that, I have never ever started a wind up thread and I would not joke about something like this.

I convinced my mum to ring the vets, they could see us right away. The vet took his temperature and diagnosed gastroenteritis. The blood was from him having constipation and diarrhoea together. We've got to give him 0.5ml of antibiotics twice a day. Also some special food.

I would like to thank the posters who convicted us to take him. And to the ones that think this is a wind up, it's not.

That's great. He won't be collapsed by morning. I hope he gets better quickly now he is under veterinary supervision.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Glad he's ok fizzle, if anything similar happens in future, take him to the vets straight away, as they are so little they can go down hill fast. My pup had d&s at about 8 months old (jr x) and he got rehydration sachets too, did u get anything like that from the vet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Glad to hear your pup was treated- bet you feel a whole lot better now :) Hope he recovers quickly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    Glad he's ok fizzle, if anything similar happens in future, take him to the vets straight away, as they are so little they can go down hill fast. My pup had d&s at about 8 months old (jr x) and he got rehydration sachets too, did u get anything like that from the vet?

Thanks, no all we got was a liquid antibiotic and some special food that's full of vitamins :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Hmmmm. Anyone else have a Vets open on a sunday apart from emergencies?

Mine is :)

My last puppy was exactly the same. I hope the puppy is soon well. It is so scary when things like that happen.
  • Options
    GibsonGirlGibsonGirl Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news! Hope all goes well with the new pup and that he grows up to be a healthy boy. :)
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

Well done for taking your little puppy to the vets, I hope he gets better soon.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    I apologize! Thank you for taking heed and taking your wee one to the vet. It might have been a totally different story had you waited until Sunday. I hope your wee one is mucj better soon and settles down quickly. Enjoy your first sleepless night tonight. :D
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done OP sorry if we were harsh but as has been said pups can go down hill really quickly plus side to that is they tend to get better fast too. Hope that's the case for this little one.

Any piccies we all love a puppy pic !
  • Options
    JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, sorry for sounding harsh, but alarm bells were ringing when you mentioned you got him from a puppy farm (why oh why though :confused:).

Hope he recovers quickly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    JJ75 wrote: »
    Yep, sorry for sounding harsh, but alarm bells were ringing when you mentioned you got him from a puppy farm (why oh why though :confused:).

Hope he recovers quickly.

I didn't see that bit! Yes op, it's a bit late now but never, ever buy a pup from a puppy farm, they are often ill, inbred and suffer from poor welfare (and then there's the poor mums). There should be no reason for you to need to drive 3 hours away for a pup, unless its a rare pedigree, cockapoos are available in most towns from decent homes (although my recommendation would be a rescue)
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you have a diagnosis for the pup, Fizzle. And hope he has settled in well. Any chance of a photo?

What's done is done but puppy farms are the equivalent of battery hen farming... buying from a puppy farm is a donation towards the continued poor treatment of animals. It's a business which has no respect or consideration for the animals, their health or their welfare. No breeder who cared about their pups would ever let one go to a new home unless it was 100% healthy. This breeder knew that your pup had a problem but money in the bank was more important that ensuring you got a happy, healthy animal.
  • Options
    Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    glad you are sorted :)

12 week old labradoodle snoring away 3 feet from me here ..... you're in for a fun few weeks of sleepless nights and puddles but it will be worth it in the end :D