Options

Some people are so evil to cats

zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
Forum Member
My local shop has a warning in the window saying people have been putting antifreeze down for cats in our area. I have a beloved cat who likes to wander around most of the day but now I am too scared to let him out.

Any human being who does this deserves bad karma to happen to them big time.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do I think?

A lot of people hate cats and a lot of people hate dogs ... thats life i'm afraid. if you are that worried keep your cat indoors.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My last cats were brothers and they lived for 16 years and wandered wherever they wanted but they were moggies and streetwise unlike my new cat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    What do I think?

A lot of people hate cats and a lot of people hate dogs ... thats life i'm afraid. if you are that worried keep your cat indoors.

:rolleyes:

I meant in regards to people putting down anti-freeze to murder cats as when cats drink it they get kidney failure.

I am well aware people dislike them but that doean't mean they have to kill them.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I detest cats but I wouldn't harm one. There's a woman down the lane who is obsessive about swilling her patio with a bleach solution and everyman and his dog has to walk through the runoff. As a dog owner, I complained. She has a cat too and it had never occured to her that was the cause of her cat's foot problems. Stupid woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zummigummi wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I meant in regards to people putting down anti-freeze to murder cats as when cats drink it they get kidney failure.

I am well aware people dislike them but that doean't mean they have to kill them.

Some people hate cats ... years ago someone threatened to shoot my cats and he never did ... just chill out ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some people hate cats ... years ago someone threatened to shoot my cats and he never did ... just chill out ..

Why should I? this angers me and I merely wondered how others felt about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should I? this angers me and I merely wondered how others felt about it.

What are you going to do about it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What are you going to do about it?

I see we have reached the ending to this, goodbye.
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The minute you allow a cat out of your door you're are putting them at risk.
    At risk from predators, harmful substances, traffic, thieves.

If you choose to let you cats out, especially in a residential area where people are likely to object to their behaviour, then that's a risk you take.

Not that it's OK to poison cats, obviously, but IME, of all the hazards out there for free roaming cats, antifreeze is the least of your worries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Muze wrote: »
    The minute you allow a cat out of your door you're are putting them at risk.
    At risk from predators, harmful substances, traffic, thieves.

If you choose to let you cats out, especially in a residential area where people are likely to object to their behaviour, then that's a risk you take.

Not that it's OK to poison cats, obviously, but IME, of all the hazards out there for free roaming cats, antifreeze is the least of your worries.

My cat is shy so I know for a fact he'd never let a stranger go near him and he is also scared of cars so wouldn't go on to the road. He would however drink or eat something left for him.
  • Options
    Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I detest cats but I wouldn't harm one. There's a woman down the lane who is obsessive about swilling her patio with a bleach solution and everyman and his dog has to walk through the runoff. As a dog owner, I complained. She has a cat too and it had never occured to her that was the cause of her cat's foot problems. Stupid woman.

I get quite irritated by silly women who obsess about cleaning - and who do nothing else with their lives.

My neighbour constantly sweeps and cleans her paving stones, cuts grass that doesn't need cutting, puts the washing out and gets it in at the same time every day, and whose world appears to come to an end if the rain gets on her precious washing. There is so much more to life.
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat Lily died the day before yesterday from kidney failure, she was only six and the vet said anti-freeze was a possibility. I can understand why the OP is angry about this, anyone who hurts or deliberately tries to kill an animal is sick, whether it's a cat, dog, horse, anything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My local shop has a warning in the window saying people have been putting antifreeze down for cats in our area. I have a beloved cat who likes to wander around most of the day but now I am too scared to let him out.

Any human being who does this deserves bad karma to happen to them big time.

What do you think?

I think some people who would harm a cat, dog etc is a c**t
  • Options
    North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people who would harm a cat, dog etc is a c**t

Yes, anyone who is cruel to animals is definitely a clot.