The Bridge - Season 1 (US Pace)

2»

Comments

• SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it, another show to add to my long list.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Is that a joke, or your Asperger's showing through? English is not a foreign language in America. America grew out of British colonies.

That wasn't entirely serious, no.

However, if we're being pedantic, it's arguably but probably not technically correct. (English originated in England is therefore not indigenous to the US - however the dialect American English is) But let's not go there. It's not at all relevant and nobody really cares...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wasn't entirely serious, no.

However, if we're being pedantic, it's arguably but probably not technically correct. (English originated in England is therefore not indigenous to the US - however the dialect American English is) But let's not go there. It's not at all relevant and nobody really cares...

True :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 2 was a slow burner but I'm starting to get into the storyline
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the first episode and it was intriguing to see the cultural clash and mystery/conspiracry slowly unravelling. I like the girl, who will clearly provoke some great exchanges with the people she interacts with throughout the series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone still watching this?
    Its really building momentum and becoming MUST WATCH for me
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the pilot. I was a big fan of the original but I'll try not to compare them. The US-Mexican dynamic is sufficiently different to Denmark-Sweden to give this a different feel and hopefully, like the Killing, the two versions have a different enough plot to keep you interested.

Diane Kruger is strange piece of casting and her accent sounds like she has never been to Texas in her life but otherwise it was a pretty good start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Just watched the pilot. I was a big fan of the original but I'll try not to compare them. The US-Mexican dynamic is sufficiently different to Denmark-Sweden to give this a different feel and hopefully, like the Killing, the two versions have a different enough plot to keep you interested.

Diane Kruger is strange piece of casting and her accent sounds like she has never been to Texas in her life but otherwise it was a pretty good start.
    Episode 2 is a huge improvement on the pilot if that helps :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    Episode 2 is a huge improvement on the pilot if that helps :)

Just started it now. Decided that I can't be bothered going out night and that I've got plenty of TV to catch up on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm up to episode 5 now and I must say I'm struggling to stop with it. I had to rewind ep5 a few times as I didn't have a clue what was going on.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    ...I must say I'm struggling to stop with it.

I don't even know what that means.:D Struggling to stay with something -- that concept makes sense.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good show, I'm loving it.

They're doing a British version called The Tunnel as well.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    Anyone still watching this?
    Its really building momentum and becoming MUST WATCH for me

I totally agree, must see TV for me now too.

I'm hooked on The Bridge, would recommend!
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this being shown over here or are folk grabbing it 'by other means...?'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Is this being shown over here or are folk grabbing it 'by other means...?'

As yet, no UK Broadcaster has picked this up, but it's early days yet?

It's on FX, episode 9 of 13 airs in the US tonight, so I'm afraid it's by other means necessary!! ;)
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    xander63 wrote: »
    As yet, no UK Broadcaster has picked this up, but it's early days yet?

It not only hasn't been sold to the UK market, it is being withheld from sale to the UK. No UK broadcaster can have it even if it wants it. That's because the same company that has an ownership stake in THIS remake of a Scandinavian series has an ownership stake in a British/French remake that will be coming out on Sky Atlantic, The Tunnel. They don't want the American remake stealing thunder from the British/French remake before the latter debuts in the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    It not only hasn't been sold to the UK market, it is being withheld from sale to the UK. No UK broadcaster can have it even if it wants it. That's because the same company that has an ownership stake in THIS remake of a Scandinavian series has an ownership stake in a British/French remake that will be coming out on Sky Atlantic, The Tunnel. They don't want the American remake stealing thunder from the British/French remake before the latter debuts in the UK.

Didn't know that, makes sense!

Thanks for the education! :)

MIPCOM: British-French Series 'The Tunnel' to Get World Premiere in Cannes

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mipcom-british-french-series-tunnel-619642
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I just can't get into this show - the lead female detective is just too boring!
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just can't get into this show - the lead female detective is just too boring!

That is because she has Asperger syndrome.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Technically, FOX UK have an option to purchase UK screening rights, which they have chosen not to exercise at this time. With the existence of this option the show is rendered unavailable to other UK channels.

The rights to remakes of the show are held by Shine International/Shine Group who have licensed the international sales rights to the US version to Fox International Channels (who own the FOX UK channel). The rights package as it stands specifically excludes the UK, although as stated above the option exists for FIC or FOX UK to purchase an extension to those rights to include the UK.

Shine Group subsidiary Kudos are already working on a UK/France set variant of The Bridge for Canal+ and Sky Atlantic, this being the reason for the UK-shaped 'gap' in FIC's international rights package, and since FOX UK, FX, Fox International Channels, Shine Group and Sky Television are all owned or part-owned by 21st Century Fox (formerly News Corporation) everybody is playing nicey-nice and not upsetting any apple carts by rushing to screen the US variant of The Bridge as a spoiler tactic.

The US show is all but guaranteed to get an airing on FOX UK once The Tunnel has been on Sky Atlantic.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    The US show is all but guaranteed to get an airing on FOX UK once The Tunnel has been on Sky Atlantic.
    By then it will be the third version shown here. I liked the original, but I'm not sure it's worth watching so many remakes.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any chance we'll see this on UK TV soon? i've heard good reviews about it

Or somewhere to buy the first series online?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the hell won't iTunes US let me download the series? I don't condone piracy but the way companies treat people in this day and age is a disgrace. I'm willing to pay what they ask for it. I know they probably will sell it to Sky Atlantic but really, the internet in this day and age shouldn't have these petty restrictions.

I love the series I'm on Episode 4. At first I thought Steven Linda was a bad guy but in Episode 4 he seemed a good guy.

I think giving Sonya Cross Aspergers has given her character that separates it from other detective shows.

I liked Marco Ruiz at first but I now find him and Charlotte Millwright despicable for having sex when hes married and her husband just passed away..

I can't wait to find out who the killer is, I'm thinking it's someone we've already seen or why cover his face? it could be anyone even Marco or Cooper I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those "OMG" moments when he's revealed.

Wonderfully acted and I cant wait for season 2.

Any idea on the boxset coming to UK Amazon anytime soon? they are already taking pre orders on the US version.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bridge-Season-One/dp/B00ECHBSP8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1385000732&sr=8-3&keywords=the+bridge
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finally finished watching the whole series.

Brilliant! I loved Marco and Sonya's relationship. I kind of understand her because she opened her heart to him and didn't want to lose what they had..

I can't wait until the second season. Will David Tate escape from prison? will Marco actually murder him? who is the American with the Texas plates who kidnapped Eva? Will they finally mention Sonya has Aspergers?

Also wished Cooper died for calling Sonya a idiot.. I kinda was suspicious as him as the killer at first.

I hope the second series doesn't lose the magic of the first and they still keep Sonya's personality and don't make her "normal" otherwise it won't be any different from every other crime show.