Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 16)

Comments

• WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sanchez won the Copa America and was player of the tournament, happy days!
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouter wrote: »
    That sort of balances out two of our players missing penalties in the Euros, one of which was costly for their team. :p
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member

Great player. No mean feat winning it twice in a row.
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    That sort of balances out two of our players missing penalties in the Euros, one of which was costly for their team. :p

Hope Xhaka and Ozil improve on penalties especially Ozil as he also missed an important pen against Bayern couple of seasons back.
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double post forum playing up again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that impressed with what I saw of Xhaka, he is slow and reluctant to track back.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mobile isn't a word I'd use for him anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how come we paid so much for him?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the FA are interested in Wenger. He's good at losing in the knock out stages.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    :D:D

Apparently he's more interested in signing a new deal and staying put.

If that's the case, I despair. We know how the season is going to pan out. The great thing is for him to even justify staying he'd need to win the league or Champions League. And neither will happen.
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    victor mel wrote: »
    Not that impressed with what I saw of Xhaka, he is slow and reluctant to track back.

William Carvalho impressed me this Euros especially tonight against a decent Poland.

Strong as an Ox and good range of passing.

Him or Kante would be nice.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D

Apparently he's more interested in signing a new deal and staying put.

If that's the case, I despair. We know how the season is going to pan out. The great thing is for him to even justify staying he'd need to win the league or Champions League. And neither will happen.

Yup. Still standing around while others are moving. City do not get Aubameyang they get Nolito. We do not get Vardy. We piss around buying unknowns etc. So much for ambition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any truth in the rumour about us signing this Japanese striker? A cheap unknown would be right up our street.
  • WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    Is there any truth in the rumour about us signing this Japanese striker? A cheap unknown would be right up our street.

Cheap? Tick! Money back and then some from marketing efforts? Tick! Let's do it!

Anyway, let's hope we have a better alternative in the pipeline...
  • sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel gutted for Arron Ramsey missing the semis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkie70 wrote: »

Me too. He has been superb in the tournament. The ref could have let the handball go. Just hope Wales can reach the final so he can play.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. He has been superb in the tournament.

... and another example of another of our players prospering under a different managerial approach. Anyone think he's going to carry on this form for us next season? I don't :cry:
  • MichPlatMichPlat Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have you seen the photos of his injured ankle ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Arsenal have enough players to track back now , he'll do really well from what I've seen of him . Skilful , creative and loves a tackle so he'll add some grit to the mix.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkie70 wrote: »

Yeah, he was devastated immediately it happened . Seems ridiculous that players are missing semi finals after a needless booking .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    ... and another example of another of our players prospering under a different managerial approach. Anyone think he's going to carry on this form for us next season? I don't :cry:

Yes he seems to play with real freedom with Wales and has made the central midfield his.
    He is asked to play all different positions at Arsenal which doesn't suit him. He needs a system where he knows his role.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet again an Arsenal player misses a penalty with Özil missing his second of the tournament. Again he got away with it though.
  • Casper GomezCasper Gomez Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I might go mad if Arsenal offer Wenger a new contract.

I'm getting so jealous with the other big clubs buying players and signing brilliant managers who will bring fresh, new ideas to their club, whilst we are stuck with a stubborn, deluded lying excuse maker.
  • sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I might go mad if Arsenal offer Wenger a new contract.

I'm getting so jealous with the other big clubs buying players and signing brilliant managers who will bring fresh, new ideas to their club, whilst we are stuck with a stubborn, deluded lying excuse maker.

A part of me wants him to take the england job just to get rid of him but on the other i prefere Klinsmanm & thats saying something. I fear Wenger is like an inch you cannot get rid of.
This discussion has been closed.