Recording two watching a third !!!

Makum101Makum101 Posts: 400
Forum Member
Currently watching C5, whilst taping BBC3 & Film 4.

Hows that work then?

Humax BT Youview box.

Comments

• iiyama17iiyama17 Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A more interesting question is how are you using a Youview box in Tenerife???
  • Makum101Makum101 Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    iiyama17 wrote: »
    A more interesting question is how are you using a Youview box in Tenerife???
    Ah, I hover between Adeje and County Durham. The latter is where my Youview box is.

Actually now you pojnt it out I need to update my profile info. Its a decade old. Most of that equipment is long gone. (bar my dish).

Question still stands.
  • wiltwilt Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe Channel 5 and Film4 are on the same multiplex
  • Makum101Makum101 Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    wilt wrote: »
    I believe Channel 5 and Film4 are on the same multiplex
    Cool, ta. Okay. Off to look up what matches what on the multiplexes.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's news to me. I didn't know that you could record two programmes simultaneously.
  • David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the Autumn update comes through, you will be able to record three as long as one of them is an Internet channel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Well that's news to me. I didn't know that you could record two programmes simultaneously.

Instruction manual perhaps ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    removed
  • lbearlbear Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The boxes have two tuners and you can use both and watch a third if it is being broadcast on the same mux as one being recorded.

So you can, for example, record BBC OneHD and Channel 5 and still watch Channel 4HD because all the HD channels are (currently) on the same frequency.

One of the items on YouView's "to do" list is having an indication which channels can be watched in these circumstances.
  • sguilliardsguilliard Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Makum101 wrote: »
    Currently watching C5, whilst taping BBC3 & Film 4.

Hows that work then?

Humax BT Youview box.

It just does! ;-) Makes you wonder why it can't record all three though, right?
  • lbearlbear Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sguilliard wrote: »
    It just does! ;-) Makes you wonder why it can't record all three though, right?

It actually does record all three - the two scheduled recordings and the one being watched to the 2 hour buffer.

The limit is likely due to the variety of possible hard drives that could be used in the different makes - so three "write heads" or virtual ones is the maximum allowed. In addition, there are only two tuners so it would be a problem in terms of scheduling three recordings especially as YouView will attempt to record a later showing if one fails.