Options

The Missing

Comments

• Options
    BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    I agree, Alex looks very different to Adam Thomas Wright. So I'm very confused as to why the credits said Alex was played by Adam.

To add to the confusion further, both the Daily Express article and the Missing poster said that Alex Duchamps was 6 at the time of the kidnapping. But he was much older that that - he was nearly as tall as the policeman who carried him out of the abductor's house!

As I said earlier his IMDM profile gives him 2 credits in "The Missing" Scottish boy and Alex Duchamps. I take your point about them being years apart in age but if that's not correct then both IMDB and the BBC credits are both wrong . Possible but unlikely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Imagine he is actually alive but Tony gets put in jail for life for the murder of Garrett and Emily goes crazy and ends up in the nursing home being looked after by Greg !!!!
  • Options
    allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Lots of people seem to think Sylvie is the one behind it all - but in that case, why would she have been the one to alerted Tony to the picture of the boy with the scarf?

She didnt intentionally, she posted the picture on Facebook and Tony saw the scarf in the background
  • Options
    FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,987
    Forum Member
    dachse wrote: »
    Adam Thomas Wright was definitely the actor who played the scottish boy in ep 1. To me Alex, the french boy that was kidnapped, looked very different (even allowing for the wig)
    also don't forget Alex would have been 8 in 2009 when he was kidnapped and Scottish boy is 13. (Adam Thomas Wright was 13 when this was filmed).

I agree, his official page indicates he only played one role http://www.adamthomaswright.com/resume/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Frank E wrote: »
    Did we see a small red metal lamp anywhere in 2006?

There was a small red lamp on the sideboard in Bourg's flat (during the scenes where Tony had broken in).
  • Options
    dnbndnbn Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    FWIW the "Scottish boy" in episode 1 has blue eyes while Olly has brown eyes.
  • Options
    Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Lots of people seem to think Sylvie is the one behind it all - but in that case, why would she have been the one to alerted Tony to the picture of the boy with the scarf?
    She posted dozens of pictures of a town celebration on Facebook, the boy in the scarf was away in background of 1 or 2 photos, only seen by Tony because he is obsessed with the town 8 years after his son is missing there.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Will_Bee wrote: »
    She posted dozens of pictures of a town celebration on Facebook, the boy in the scarf was away in background of 1 or 2 photos, only seen by Tony because he is obsessed with the town 8 years after his son is missing there.

Thanks - and allthatyouwant.

I'd completely forgotten that. I need to start watching tv and not using the PC at the same time!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    One thing that's been bugging me is that the Scottish boy, his mother and sister don't sound very Scottish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Almost impossible to make out, but two mugshots on front page of Tony's paper, and another paper on another table, could these be the culprits?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Watching episode 1 again 20.15 in is very interesting. Tony has the bag in hand with snorkel. Sees something shocking then it cuts to him looking at the pool . Watch again. . Do you agree???
  • Options
    Squ1rrel5Squ1rrel5 Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Elle_Bee wrote: »
    One thing that's been bugging me is that the Scottish boy, his mother and sister don't sound very Scottish.

Yes I thought the same thing!!
  • Options
    Squ1rrel5Squ1rrel5 Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    24_Sm wrote: »
    Almost impossible to make out, but two mugshots on front page of Tony's paper, and another paper on another table, could these be the culprits?!

Which scene is this?
  • Options
    BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Flowes wrote: »

That looks much more like it ;-)
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm firmly of the view that the BBC is sophisticated and intelligent enough to make certain omissions to the pre-published cast list, otherwise far too many people would notice particular names and it would ruin it.

This has already happened ahead of Episode 7 - some of the Duchamps' character names were not on the pre-published list. Even Alain's name wasn't on the list but he was in the episode.

After the money and talent that has gone into this series, the embargo upon the ending is very precious commodity to the BBC.
    The cast list for episode 7 wasn't published on BBC website. Episode 7 had the clip of Malik ringing Tony telling him that he knew he had killed Garrett.

I'll have a wager with you that the cast list up on the BBC website is correct. If they wanted to keep the cast list secret they would just not put it on the main The Missing site. In fairness it is telling us nothing really except ruling out the more fanciful theories.
  • Options
    Weenie_StixWeenie_Stix Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Watching episode 1 again 20.15 in is very interesting. Tony has the bag in hand with snorkel. Sees something shocking then it cuts to him looking at the pool . Watch again. . Do you agree???

it looks like he's seen someone and runs after them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, he doesn't see anything, he is in the toilet block, its that moment of shock you get when searching for a missing kid anywhere near water.....OH NO, THE POOL!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Sclark78 wrote: »
    He says "Savez, c'est des choses qui arrivent, sans aucune raison"

"You know, these things happen, for no reason"

Thanks! No major clue there then.

The original title being Breakdown did, however, fuel my belief that the garage was a dodgy place. And maybe even that Tony's phone call outside the car would prove important. (Well aware that the original title also points to the breakdown of Tony and Emily and their marriage as well.)

Oh, well. I'm utterly and satisfyingly perplexed by all the clues. At this point, I'm leaning towards there being a vast amount of red herrings floating around and practically blocking our view: Garrett, The Romanian Gang, Ziane. Even Sylvie, Alain, the Mayor and the coin.

Focus is on the inner circle and I'm not even ruling out Tony although him being the guilty part would feel like a major betrayal of the premise. Something very odd about him in that opening scene, though. Also his drinking, the missing 9 minutes, his propensity for violence, his sense of guilt (which may stem from more than losing sight of his son for two seconds).

I'm a wreck.
  • Options
    Weenie_StixWeenie_Stix Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    elvisavis wrote: »
    Thanks! No major clue there then.

The original title being Breakdown did, however, fuel my belief that the garage was a dodgy place. And maybe even that Tony's phone call outside the car would prove important. (Well aware that the original title also points to the breakdown of Tony and Emily and their marriage as well.)

Oh, well. I'm utterly and satisfyingly perplexed by all the clues. At this point, I'm leaning towards there being a vast amount of red herrings floating around and practically blocking our view: Garrett, The Romanian Gang, Ziane. Even Sylvie, Alain, the Mayor and the coin.

Focus is on the inner circle and I'm not even ruling out Tony although him being the guilty part would feel like a major betrayal of the premise. Something very odd about him in that opening scene, though. Also his drinking, the missing 9 minutes, his propensity for violence, his sense of guilt (which may stem from more than losing sight of his son for two seconds).

I'm a wreck.

Just there when you said about his drinking, made me wonder if he's an alcoholic, is the coin his?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    24_Sm wrote: »

This is scene 1, episode 1 in cafe bar. Can,t make out details on paper front page, but Tony looks really relaxed sipping a small beer, not the big glasses of vin rouge he was guzzling at other times in 2014.

Hmmm, that would fit in with my theory that this is going to be the last scene in last episode when all is done and dusted.
    Tony is sitting reflecting on all events and now knows all truth of his sons dissapearance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    No, he doesn't see anything, he is in the toilet block, its that moment of shock you get when searching for a missing kid anywhere near water.....OH NO, THE POOL!!

Maybe. Its just looks like he is looking at something or someone instead of shock. And it cuts very quick
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elle_Bee wrote: »
    I agree they look very similar, but didn't Emily's father die in 2014? The man in episode 1 looks quite a bit older. Had the hospice scenes been in 2006, I would've agreed it was the same person just aged a bit.

They do look similar, but I just watched episode 2 again in order to see clearer and now I don't think they're the same person. I've deliberately left out names instead of putting spoiler tags.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is scene 1, episode 1 in cafe bar. Can,t make out details on paper front page, but Tony looks really relaxed sipping a small beer, not the big glasses of vin rouge he was guzzling at other times in 2014.

Hmmm, that would fit in with my theory that this is going to be the last scene in last episode when all is done and dusted.
    Tony is sitting reflecting on all events and now knows all truth of his sons dissapearance.

There is a continuity between that first scene and Tony ending up back at The Eden and leaving the message on Emily phone. It is chucking it down with rain.