Pixie vs Caroline

kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If Pixie had still been in it, do you think Caroline would still have won?

Comments

• ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Pixie seemed to take a grossly disproportionate amount of the 'ringer' backlash this year - as Natalie G did last - so I doubt she would have won.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I don't know, I wouldn't want them both! Couldn't they have both won! :D
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie should have won. Going out in the quarter final was a joke.
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie is echelons above her when it comes to dance ability...that doesn't count for much in this show though...Caroline got 60/60 tonight and a ridiculous amount of favouritism.

They chose to totally ignore Pasha's head getting wrapped up by her dress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie should have won hands down.

She was practically perfect in every way........
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie is echelons above her when it comes to dance ability...that doesn't count for much in this show though...Caroline got 60/60 tonight and a ridiculous amount of favouritism.

They chose to totally ignore Pasha's head getting wrapped up by her dress

I hardly call that a mistake, just an unfortunate puff of the wind machine! :o
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member

They chose to totally ignore Pasha's head getting wrapped up by her dress.

Actually she got 120/120 :p

But to me, it was well deserved! :D
  • nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was overall a better dancer than Caroline IMO, but then so were Frankie and Simon and yet Caroline still won.

So no, if Pixie had made the final I doubt she would have prevented Caroline from winning. Especially given the bias the judges showed towards Caroline tonight.
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked Caroline and voted for her tonight but I would have been voting for Pixie had she still been there. It was not a great final imo as only 4 dances were any good out of the 11.....I think Pixie was missed tonight in terms of dance ability and would have loved to have seen what Trent provided her with for a showdance.
  • PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Pixie was technically better, but Caroline was the most engaging dancer in it for me.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered how long it would be before someone mentioned Pixie. Just get over it, she wasn't at all missed. The other celebs all pulled it out the bag, I didn't think about her once.

How many of you lot actually voted for Pixie anyway?;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges were constantly looking for something to mark Pixie down on, while overlooking Caroline's flaws. Hollow victory IMO
  • KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    Pebrox wrote: »
    Pixie was technically better, but Caroline was the most engaging dancer in it for me.

Me too.

I'm sure Pixie is a lovely girl, but she's a bit too Stepford Wife for my taste. Not much in the way of light and shade, just that constant smile and the childlike way of talking.

Caroline was just the most sincere for me, and apart from that she is an incredible dancer. The show dance tonight was stunning.

I wish the judges had picked the one where she slipped though, I would've loved to see that again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    The judges were constantly looking for something to mark Pixie down on, while overlooking Caroline's flaws. Hollow victory IMO

Sour grapes. Get over it.
  • RhythmIsADancerRhythmIsADancer Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    I really liked Caroline and voted for her tonight but I would have been voting for Pixie had she still been there. It was not a great final imo as only 4 dances were any good out of the 11.....I think Pixie was missed tonight in terms of dance ability and would have loved to have seen what Trent provided her with for a showdance.

I voted 30 times for Caroline tonight, so ecstatic that the best dancer in the final won for once. However, if Pixie had been there as she should have been, it would have been a genuine contest between two very talented dancers and I would have voted for whoever I thought danced the best of the two on the night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Well, I think Pixie was the better dancer - certainly I found her a lot more watchable. I found Caroline a very heavy presence on stage - somehow she always seemed like you saw her first and then the fact that she was dancing, so it never felt entirely comfortable to me. Whereas Pixie just seemed to somehow BE the dance more.

But I suspect that is the precise quality that made people vote for Caroline, it gave her a kind of non-dancer dancing quality that gets the underdog juices flowing for people.
  • PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Kewpee wrote: »
    Me too.

I'm sure Pixie is a lovely girl, but she's a bit too Stepford Wife for my taste. Not much in the way of light and shade, just that constant smile and the childlike way of talking.

Caroline was just the most sincere for me, and apart from that she is an incredible dancer. The show dance tonight was stunning.

I wish the judges had picked the one where she slipped though, I would've loved to see that again.

Agreed - enjoyed all her dances tonight but was so sure she'd be doing the American Smooth again, and was very much looking forward to it. I was a little disappointed not to see it without the slip, but I can't complain as she really delivered in everything tonight :)
  • DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie should have made the final and the fact she didn't, lessened the show for me. She was definitely missed and would have made the last bit of the competition all the more interesting.

Caroline was fantastic and so may have won regardless, but personally I'd have put my money on Pixie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sour grapes. Get over it.
    Why is it sour grapes? I have no reason to like Pixie more than Caroline. Both lovely ladies. I'm an ageing indie music fan, no interest in Pixie and pop music.
    Quite simply IMO she was by head and shoulders the best celebrity dancer. She was in the dance off because the public thought she was safe and Len should have saved her.
  • pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    Pixie should have won hands down.

She was practically perfect in every way........

Not really she had woeful leg problems in latin and only really excelled beyond Caroline in balletic moves
    Caroline the better ballroom and latin dancer which are the two modes of dance that SCD is built on
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it sour grapes? I have no reason to like Pixie more than Caroline. Both lovely ladies. I'm an ageing indie music fan, no interest in Pixie and pop music.
    Quite simply IMO she was by head and shoulders the best celebrity dancer. She was in the dance off because the public thought she was safe and Len should have saved her.

Well said, some posters cannot disguise their dislike of Pixie and will often jump in negatively on any discussion about her, I missed her presence too as did many others and you are entitled to say so:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But saying it was a hollow victory implies that Caroline's win didn't really mean anything because Pixie wasn't there. People on here keep assuming that viewers didn't vote for Pixie because she was safe, maybe they just didn't connect with her enough to pick up the phone?

Len saved Simon over her because he performed better in the dance off. Simple as that.
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the age difference? Isn't Caroline about 10 years older. Would Pixie still be as good at Caroline's age?
  • pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pebrox wrote: »
    Agreed - enjoyed all her dances tonight but was so sure she'd be doing the American Smooth again, and was very much looking forward to it. I was a little disappointed not to see it without the slip, but I can't complain as she really delivered in everything tonight :)

Pixie was not there because she danced very poorly on the night she left and despite the small minded sour grapes did not dance well enough to even make the final let alone win it

Well done all the finalist
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the age difference? Isn't Caroline about 10 years older. Would Pixie still be as good at Caroline's age?
    If Pixie continued to dance over the next 10 years I have no doubt she would be the best dancer in the world by then!