Options

Anyone know when Florence and the Machine will return?

TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
Forum Member
✭✭
I need new music of hers in my life.

I know after Lungs she took a few years too produce Ceremonials, which was amazing. It's been 3 years now since Ceremonials, is a new album around the corner? I hope so, such a talent. Any news?

Comments

• Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss florence. I hope she works with calvin again, spectrum and sweet nothing were amazing. Strange we have heard anything? Hope she releases an album next year
  • Options
    TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    I miss florence. I hope she works with calvin again, spectrum and sweet nothing were amazing. Strange we have heard anything? Hope she releases an album next year

I don't. I loved the songs but I don't want her to go down that dance route and sell herself out. The one thing I've loved about Florence is her originality and uniqueness. I want another Lungs album.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is recording her third album but that is all I know.

I think it seems like longer as the lungs era lasted ages and ended shortly before Ceremonials which didn't last as long.

I don't want another Lungs I loved it but it has dated and doesn't hold up as well as Ceremoniaks. That album is superb it grows over time and forever offers something new.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Florence confirmed last year she would be taking a long break.

From 2009-2013, she pretty much didn't stop. Two albums which needed to be recorded, promo and then released. Then of course the two big tours that went along with them. I recall her saying she wanted some normality after working non stop for about 4/5 years.

If she heads down the dance route after the awful Spectrum remix and the even worse Sweet nothing, she will have a lost a fan in me. I've been a fan since before she was even signed to a label, so to see her succumb to that genre, would be sad to see. She should do the music she wants to do. Not what everyone else and her label want her to do.
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album is finished and it'll be released next year! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

From 2009-2013, she pretty much didn't stop. Two albums which needed to be recorded, promo and then released. Then of course the two big tours that went along with them. I recall her saying she wanted some normality after working non stop for about 4/5 years.

If she heads down the dance route after the awful Spectrum remix and the even worse Sweet nothing, she will have a lost a fan in me. I've been a fan since before she was even signed to a label, so to see her succumb to that genre, would be sad to see. She should do the music she wants to do. Not what everyone else and her label want her to do.

In fairness she has had a whole host of dance remixes it's just that the public responded to the CH without anyone doing much to push it.

As for sweet nothing it was just a collab, highly doubtful she would change her entire trajectory based on an accident and outside project.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    In fairness she has had a whole host of dance remixes it's just that the public responded to the CH without anyone doing much to push it.

As for sweet nothing it was just a collab, highly doubtful she would change her entire trajectory based on an accident and outside project.

I agree but one song can change things and the label will want songs more of the same

Nicki Minaj had a big hit with Superbass, so her label wanted a pop album for her second. She gave them it

Ellie had a hit with genetic dance song of I need your love, and her label wanted more songs like it, so she gave them Halycon days and got her biggest hit of her career, Burn.

If the label notice that something is catching the eye of the buying public, they will want more of it. Florence's two biggest hits happen to be dance hits. Her label could quite easily want her to do more of those dance hits because they know it is selling.

Whether it was an accident or not.

Hopefully this doesn't happen
  • Options
    SummerShudderSummerShudder Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »

Calvin had nothing to do with Spectrum. He remixed it then it was called Say my Name. The latter of which sucked :p
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Love Florence! :)

Looking forward to new material from her.

I'm hoping that she doesn't do that either. I wasn't a fan of the dance remixes.

I don't blame her for taking time out. :) 4/5 years without a break is a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree but one song can change things and the label will want songs more of the same

Nicki Minaj had a big hit with Superbass, so her label wanted a pop album for her second. She gave them it

Ellie had a hit with genetic dance song of I need your love, and her label wanted more songs like it, so she gave them Halycon days and got her biggest hit of her career, Burn.

If the label notice that something is catching the eye of the buying public, they will want more of it. Florence's two biggest hits happen to be dance hits. Her label could quite easily want her to do more of those dance hits because they know it is selling.

Whether it was an accident or not.

Hopefully this doesn't happen

Yes but in fairness those artists hadn't had the success Florence had had. And if I remember rightly she said the record label were allowing her the record she wanted after two successes. So it's highly doubtful in this situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Yes but in fairness those artists hadn't had the success Florence had had. And if I remember rightly she said the record label were allowing her the record she wanted after two successes. So it's highly doubtful in this situation.

I am aware of that, but was saying it as a different perspective and that it could be a situiation that could occur